May 23rd, 2015

wii-console-fire

A Colorado man had his RV burn in a fire that was started by a Wii console, according to a firefighters’ investigation. The man, Trevor Pellegrin, was watching Netflix on his Wii console, then turned it off and left the RV to attend a meeting.

The Wii apparently overheated and caused a fire to start, which spread and almost destroyed the entire RV. Pellegrin says:

“There’s no warning label on that Wii saying unplug after use that it may cause a fire, there’s no warning label so I didn’t know to do that, to unplug it.” He goes on to say that he never expected a games console to do this.

Fire investigators say that they are “99% sure” that it was the Wii console that started the fire, and that the fire started inside the Wii console. It would be one of the first times — if not the very first time — that a Wii console has been blamed for a fire.

He was very disappointed in losing everything, as one might expect. “This is where I live, this is my possessions. It might not be much, but it’s all I had. And then I lost it all, over a game console”, he said.

As the image shows above, the Wii console looks melted. However, the Xbox 360 console just behind it looks pretty intact…

Via KKTV

local_offer    Nintendo  wii  wii u