• 1 Post By GLA
  • 1 Post By savinghyrule

Thread: I thoight This review was funny XB1-X scores a 3/10

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305

I thoight This review was funny XB1-X scores a 3/10

Review: Xbox One X

Let’s get this out of the way. If you already own an Xbox One S, then of course don’t run out and get this thing. It’s a better 4K Blu-ray player than the S, but unless you have a giant TV or sit two feet from your 4K, HDR display, you just won’t notice the difference.

If you haven’t upgraded your wheezing, red-ringed Xbox 360 or (unthinkably) never succumbed to Microsoft’s siren song of “the all-in-one games and entertainment system”, and can’t be having with all those filthy games on your important business PC, then the X may impress with its sleek presentation... if not the actual day-to-day experience of using it. The X brings with it an extensive upgrade to Microsoft’s confusing and cluttered Xbox user interface. The upgrade doesn’t really improve on the clutter or the confusion, but the sheer number of icons and sub-menus speaks to a really feature-rich experience. Which is good, right?

drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    This seems like a fiar review of the cosole. a 3/10 is a bit cheap but still. In Australia the x cost $750 with no games when you can get an s with 4 games for $250, and it does the same job, playing the same games. with such price disparity it makes no sense to by an X.

then consider the PRO at $550 Australian. comes with 5 games, all recent releases. And if your a gamer you know this is where all the games are at this generation so again the X looks stupid.

still I like my X. Just because I an play without the need or stress of feeling i need to get trophies and it was of course free, so yeah...
    but all it's features apart from 4K gaming are on the S and despite the Power of the x PlayStation is still dominating the market.

what is your game MS... where you at?
    drew79 likes this.

GLA
    If the next XBox platform is going to be backwards compatible, there will be even less need for X. I honestly think it was just a vanity placeholder to take away the PS4's lead in power, but it was a belated exercise. Still, what Microsoft do next is going to be fascinating - I can't wait to see Micro and Sony sizing each other up at the urinals again come whatever e3 they both come out with their new systems (but I suspect Microsoft will be the ones spooked into gear rather than Sony).
    savinghyrule likes this.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    I love this analogy. Meanwhile, Nintendo is sitting in the stall. With a Switch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow, that review is hilarious.
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Since my PS4 is having issues, I've spent more time on my Xbox. I've noticed some things that I hadn't noticed before. For one, I seem to have way more lag and connectivity issues on my Xbox than PS4. That was something Xbox was always supposed to be so great at. I get disconnected on my games a lot more often than on PS4. Not sure if that's an actual Xbox problem or what, but it's something I've noticed.

The UI is pretty clunky and I just don't like it at all. It also seems to be constantly changing, and it really makes it hard for me to get to things easily the way I can on PS4.

Getting "dashboarded" is another issue, one I've very rarely ever experienced on PS4. It happens to me on Xbox almost daily, at least once a day. It takes me back to the home screen and closes my game. There's no error message or anything. It's quite frustrating, especially when you're in an online match which generally I am if I am playing Xbox. I've also started having issues with the thumbsticks. I've always liked Xbox controllers, but my hands are feeling wear and tear from these damn rough thumbsticks.

A lot of these issues may just be my comfort level with PS4, but I play my Switch just as much as my PS4 and haven't had these issues. There are still positives with Xbox. Being able to hook up to your cable box is nice, backwards compatibility is great, and the One X is the most powerful console on the market. However, if none of these things matter to you there's virtually no reason to buy an Xbox right now. Games are severely lacking, and it seems to be the console isn't as stable as the 360 was. This is a One X review though, and I don't have one so I can't comment on that aspect.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    I have the same issue with XB about it's UI. the XB is a gaming machine not a PC. we do not need all the clutter at all. All we need are tiles for our games. and at least you can make this happen by adding PINS to HOME, but it will always create and display the page of the last game you played.

It really really is more messed up than it needs to be. all we need is what both Sony and Switch have, a ribbon, with the ability to create folders, to display the games as icons.

as for the random home screen, you think your X-Button (equivalent to the PS button) is pressing it'self?

laggy long connection may be DNS related so check your dns settings and manually point them to

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (google dns servers)