• 1 Post By DeliciousMalk
  • 4 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 2 Post By wu_wei_lion
  • 2 Post By hbeb9786
  • 1 Post By wu_wei_lion
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By savinghyrule

Thread: Monster Hunter World...anyone else playing???

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis

Monster Hunter World...anyone else playing???

So I know I totally missed the MH hype train, like completely. But having invested some time in the Xbox version of Monster Hunter World I can see the allure and even addiction possible for those who want to build the ultimate hunter.

I'm just curious, is anyone else playing this on Xbox?

Probably not everybody's ideal scenerio since Capcom has essentially snubbed the Nintendo Switch both for MH:XX being released here in the US and for not porting MHW. But honestly I feel they would be hard pressed to bring the same experience to the Switch with how hard Monster Hunter World is already pushing Xbox and PlayStation hardware.

SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

Click HERE for my latest articles!

Banned
    I may get it for PC when that finally hits
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMalk View Post
    I may get it for PC when that finally hits
    Might not be a bad idea. This game is very demanding!

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Xbox? Did somebody say Xbox? Xbox? We talking about Xbox? Xbox??? Xbox?!?!

Last edited by The Cloud Strife; 02-05-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Praxis View Post
    So I know I totally missed the MH hype train, like completely. But having invested some time in the Xbox version of Monster Hunter World I can see the allure and even addiction possible for those who want to build the ultimate hunter.

Probably not everybody's ideal scenerio since Capcom has essentially snubbed the Nintendo Switch both for MH:XX being released here in the US and for not porting MHW. But honestly I feel they would be hard pressed to bring the same experience to the Switch with how hard Monster Hunter World is already pushing Xbox and PlayStation hardware.
    I'm playing on PS4. I think they could do a good Monster Hunter on Switch. It would just need a different art style but there's no reason it couldn't be open levels on Switch

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Darth Praxis and jFug like this.
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hbeb9786 PSN ID: hbeb9786

I am not a fan. I tried the game but with other titles on my mind I am not going to invest time into it just yet. but when i finish of Deus ex/pillars/shadow of the colossus I will then give it the time it deserves.

As for snubbing Nintendo, well you have played the game. It is a beautiful game. It is one of the mos the best looking games out, if Nintendo wanted these games out, they should of released a console that could support them. I mean the Base line this generation is still the xb1/ps4 and the Switch falls well under that. That said though, Nintendo will do ok with the market they have. at least in there local area and the US.
    Darth Praxis and drew79 like this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    I'm playing on PS4. I think they could do a good Monster Hunter on Switch. It would just need a different art style but there's no reason it couldn't be open levels on Switch

I agree that it is most definitely capable if they scale the engine back significantly, but unfortunately Capcom does not seem to believe that they should spend those resources on making a Switch version, much less spend the resources to localize the already released Monster Hunter XX for the Switch in Japan. I am very interested to see how well Bethesda does with their Wolfenstein II Switch title, even if comparing graphics engines between Monster Hunter World and Wolfenstein II is a very "apples-to-oranges" comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    I am not a fan. I tried the game but with other titles on my mind I am not going to invest time into it just yet. but when i finish of Deus ex/pillars/shadow of the colossus I will then give it the time it deserves.

As for snubbing Nintendo, well you have played the game. It is a beautiful game. It is one of the mos the best looking games out, if Nintendo wanted these games out, they should of released a console that could support them. I mean the Base line this generation is still the xb1/ps4 and the Switch falls well under that. That said though, Nintendo will do ok with the market they have. at least in there local area and the US.
    I definitely agree that Nintendo should not have aimed so low on it's Switch specs. They should have at the VERY least been matching the base XB1 if not pushing it to run as well as the core PS4. But I do understand that it would have definitely added to the system cost and extended the release date possibly 6 months to a year beyond the March 2017 window that the Switch fell on. I still believe that a Pascal/Parker Nvidia chipset tailored for the Switch would have much more easily met these goals and likely cost $100-$150 more then the Switch initially cost, but more importantly it would have encouraged developers to more readily bring their titles to Nintendo's excellent little system.

It's by no means the end of the world that the Switch is what it is today, but it has hampered 3rd party support in a similar if not substantially less drastic manner that the Wii U encountered in it's day. I do suspect that Nintendo may indeed have some kind of mid-generation update in store for the not-too-distant future, just as they have with 3DS in the past.

Only time will tell.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    In all seriousness, I do have the game on PS4 thanks to a friend but I haven't been able to play it since my PS4 is brokered. I've been wanting to, though. I've been on Xbox lately mostly playing Friday the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    In all seriousness, I do have the game on PS4 thanks to a friend but I haven't been able to play it since my PS4 is brokered. I've been wanting to, though. I've been on Xbox lately mostly playing Friday the 13th.
    Well why did you break it? That wasn't the best thing to do
    Animal Crossing New Leaf

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

It's by no means the end of the world that the Switch is what it is today, but it has hampered 3rd party support in a similar if not substantially less drastic manner that the Wii U encountered in it's day. I do suspect that Nintendo may indeed have some kind of mid-generation update in store for the not-too-distant future, just as they have with 3DS in the past.

Only time will tell.
    This is what annoys me about Nintendo. Unlike the X and the PRO Nintendo seem to drop or "update" there consoles so fast and then let devs make games that will work on the next iteration and not work on the previous one... why should I buy a new switch every 2 years.

Make a decent console that will last for up to 5 years MIN then when you release Switch 2.0 you will have 3rd party and consumer confidence.

Now this is just silly - any game tailored for the Switch will run on the Switch... monster hunter in it's current form would make it melt into a puddle of plastic

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Well why did you break it? That wasn't the best thing to do
    He is the worlds biggest ragger man. I have a video of Myself, cloud and a mate killing a boss in dark souls II, at the point cloud drops into the hole filled with lava, he rages and we loose comms, only to find out he smashed his controller.

sorry cloud...

This is what annoys me about Nintendo. Unlike the X and the PRO Nintendo seem to drop or "update" there consoles so fast and then let devs make games that will work on the next iteration and not work on the previous one... why should I buy a new switch every 2 years.

Make a decent console that will last for up to 5 years MIN then when you release Switch 2.0 you will have 3rd party and consumer confidence.

Now this is just silly - any game tailored for the Switch will run on the Switch... monster hunter in it's current form would make it melt into a puddle of plastic
    What are you talking about? I was saying that they would need a different art style. In other words it would have to be a separate game for Switch. I'm not saying they should port World to Switch at all. There's no reason each area couldn't be continuous though. If they can do it in Xenoblade and Breath of the Wild there's no reason it couldn't be done with a Monster Hunter Switch.

WoodenSaucer likes this.
    Animal Crossing New Leaf

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

at 1:18 yu see cloud smiling and at 1:28... no more cloud... no more PS4 controller

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

What are you talking about? I was saying that they would need a different art style. In other words it would have to be a separate game for Switch. I'm not saying they should port World to Switch at all. There's no reason each area couldn't be continuous though. If they can do it in Xenoblade and Breath of the Wild there's no reason it couldn't be done with a Monster Hunter Switch.

that what i said and maye you hit the wrong quote - a game made for the switch will run on it ... unless Hello games makes it.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar

When Nintendo put out different iterations of the DS and 3DS, it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like a whole new console. It was mainly piddly things that didn't matter, like screen size, or whatever. The most drastic change was the new 3DS, and there was only one game that worked on the new 3DS but not the old. Despite what people hope for, they will not be putting out a Super Switch that fragments compatibility. They may do some new cosmetic option, but they're not going to do anything that breaks compatibility or fragments their user base.
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    When Nintendo put out different iterations of the DS and 3DS, it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like a whole new console. It was mainly piddly things that didn't matter, like screen size, or whatever. The most drastic change was the new 3DS, and there was only one game that worked on the new 3DS but not the old. Despite what people hope for, they will not be putting out a Super Switch that fragments compatibility. They may do some new cosmetic option, but they're not going to do anything that breaks compatibility or fragments their user base.
    There's a good handful of N3DS exclusive games now, but I agree.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    There's a good handful of N3DS exclusive games now, but I agree.

Really? That actually kind of sucks. I knew there were several that run better on the new 3DS, but I didn't know there are more that absolutely won't run at all on the old one. What are some of them?

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

Really? That actually kind of sucks. I knew there were several that run better on the new 3DS, but I didn't know there are more that absolutely won't run at all on the old one. What are some of them?
    Currently there are four retail games: Xenoblade 3D, Fire Emblem Warriors, Minecraft and Runbow. Other than that it's SNES VC and a bunch of eShop titles.

Currently there are four retail games: Xenoblade 3D, Fire Emblem Warriors, Minecraft and Runbow. Other than that it's SNES VC and a bunch of eShop titles.

Minecraft won't run on the old 3DS?
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

Don't think so.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Don't think so.

all it takes is a few titles here and there and soon enough we have to replace the switch. But early days. I am just hoping for more switch only games. Give me Octopath.

I love this top bike gear here is and click here

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Torri View Post
    Forgive me torri if i offend, but any game made for the switch would be good if they target the system. A Monster hunter on Switch for Switch, not just a port would be great