Thread: Tales from Fallout 4 - Hbeb's Journey

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hbeb9786 PSN ID: hbeb9786

Tales from Fallout 4 - Hbeb's Journey

Man this game, loving it...

I decided to go for a walk after the Corvega settlement and came across a farm. So I stopped in for a chat (I am not evil). Turns out they are missing a locket and so of I go to retrieve it. along the way some lone scum bag shot at me, so I melted them and took all there belonging's.

A little further on I see a junk yard and all that is in it is a broken down sentry bot and a computer in a bunker... So mysterious...

I set up camp here. Wounder what is going to happen if i activate that robot... Maybe I should by the DLC and see if that improves things for me...
    Darth Praxis and Mr_Nick666 like this.

The dlc is pretty lackluster for Fallout 4. The island one is pretty good, but I can't remember what it's called. Nuka World is meh. It pretty much removes all the choice from Fallout, and the ones that never leave the Commonwealth are pretty boring
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    The dlc is pretty lackluster for Fallout 4. The island one is pretty good, but I can't remember what it's called. Nuka World is meh. It pretty much removes all the choice from Fallout, and the ones that never leave the Commonwealth are pretty boring
    I have played them on the PRO, and for the price I agree. all but Far Harbor was really just a building and a few extra quest's. If the DLC was sold at half the price. I would love it more. I will still get it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    I have played them on the PRO, and for the price I agree. all but Far Harbor was really just a building and a few extra quest's. If the DLC was sold at half the price. I would love it more. I will still get it though.
    If you didn't like it why get it again? Lol
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

If you didn't like it why get it again? Lol
    I did not like the content for the price, so I will look for it cheaper of Christmas Present... Or I will make a phone call and ask for it.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 2

Activated the lone console and read through some notes. nothing important except that there seem's the be a lot of robots turning up with missing limbs...

Decided to activate the bot in the yard. To my surprise all it did was patrol and shoot mole rats. At least I have managed to saves some bullets and collect food for the next week.

Continued my journey for Mary's Stolen Locket. finally I arrive late into the evening at USAF Satellite Station Olivia. I will set up camp here and go in when the light cums up.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 3.

I awoke to the sound of bloatflies and bloodbugs. Time to head in. I open to door to USAF Satellite Station Olivia and was greeted by silence. It was quiet. I proceeded in and almost tripped a laser wire, but being the man i am I disarmed it and proceed to the computer terminal.

Hacking it open took but a moment and I was in. nothing notable stored here but it did allow me to open the locked door, so I did just that and logged out.

This room. Jackpot. A mini nuke just sitting on the table as well as a magazine and a few other bits and pieces. I filled my pockets, with desk fans and globes and went into the basement. Surely that locket was here some where...

suddenly, from out of no where a mini gun wielding Raider stepped out and started to fire bullets at me. I ducked and my dog took her down and held her in place. I walked across the room and stood over her, gun in had. I said nothing, i just pointed the gun at her head and pulled the trigger.

the crack of the bullet leaving the barrel was met with silence. again I was alone. I walked into the room where the Raider previously was and found the locket. Mission complete. time to head out.

Stepping out into the sunning irradiated wasteland. I pointed my dog and my guns towards home.

So you mention food in day 2. Are you playing in the hardcore mode where you have to eat, sleep, and drink? Or is that just for effect?

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

So you mention food in day 2. Are you playing in the hardcore mode where you have to eat, sleep, and drink? Or is that just for effect?
    More for HP than a survival need. But I actually need to turn that on. I will do it when i get home.

More for HP than a survival need. But I actually need to turn that on. I will do it when i get home.
    I dunno about 4, but it was really not fun in New Vegas lol

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    I dunno about 4, but it was really not fun in New Vegas lol
    I'm not about making games harder than they need to be.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I'm not about making games harder than they need to be.
    It wasn't even harder. Just tedious. These aren't real numbers but lets a day in Fallout last a half hour, you need to eat and drink every 10 minutes and sleep every 20 in real time. I'm pretty sure that's the trophy that made me abandon platinum-ing New Vegas.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 4

The trek back to Abernathy Farm was largely uneventful. A few ghouls, a bloat fly or two and sun shining down on me. the only thing to note was the happy look on the farmers face as i returned the locket. In return for my help they allowed me to set up shop and leave.

Time to head out to Diamond City. After a rest I left the farm. every one was asleep. I took all the bobby pins, and fresh water i could carry and headed out.

I was not out for long when I cane across Walden Pond and was attacked. The bastards got me in the leg good and crippled me. I ran, I hid and lucky for me they abandoned the chase. Back against the rock I used a Stim Pack and took a moment to eat. Mole rat chinks in my mouth, chewing I pulled out my rifle. Staring down the scope i could see them.

I loaded the chamber and steadied my aim. Bang. One dead. I reload and fired again. Damn I missed. 1 dead 3 to go and now all behind cover. Time to wait. I stared down that barrel for what seemed an eternity until one stuck out there head. Bang another dead. 2 to go. Switching to my hand gun I made a dash for the other two, rounding the corner, V.A.T.S up and running I programmed in some head shots. Bang, bang. A loud echoing ringing in my ears then nothing. Just the sound of blood bugs.

Killing at night seems to becoming a habit. I entered in there shack. A magazine on the table, some bullets and nothing else of note. I will move on past this I thought. they may have friends and I am low on bullets.

Straightening up I walked out. the night that was once filled with stars had clouded over and it had began to rain. In the distance I could see a building, ArcJet Systems. Seems like the sort of place that would have a few spare bullets, and maybe a body or two to try them out on as well. and hey The rain thundering down on the roof would at the very least mask my steps. Gun in had I walked towards the doors.

Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae
    I loved this game. Gawd I miss it.

Sent from Dreamcast
    inquire within

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post

Sent from Dreamcast
    It'll come to the Switch and then you can re-buy it.

I loved the game too. It's really, really good.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick

Sent from Dreamcast
    then go play it ya goof
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    ‚Äčbooga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 4 - Night

Upon entering Arc Jet I take a moment to dry of and observe my surroundings. not much to look at, seems like a standard government building and my mind starts to wonder about what secrets it holds.

I move forward. and begin to investigate. All I find is locked door after locked door. This entire building is locked down and I haveno current way in. Damn.

now the choice is clear. Do I just set up a bed in the toilet or head back out into the storm. I peak out a window. the storm that was rain and lightning had now turned into a more dangerous radiation storm... I guess that answers that.

Walking back to the bathroom, I set up camp. all I have on me is a tin of dog food and some water. dinners gonna be good I thought.

I quickly ate my meal and lye down. tomorrow when the weather has cleared I will head to Diamond City.

Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    It'll come to the Switch and then you can re-buy it.

I loved the game too. It's really, really good.
    i've played it to death on my ps4. the only reason i'd rebuy it is to play on my non existent xbox one x.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    then go play it ya goof
    xenoblade chronicles 2 is taking up my time these days. gotta look to the future, not dwell in my past.

Sent from Dreamcast
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    inquire within

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

i've played it to death on my ps4. the only reason i'd rebuy it is to play on my non existent xbox one x.

xenoblade chronicles 2 is taking up my time these days. gotta look to the future, not dwell in my past.

Sent from Dreamcast
    It's funny how sometimes you try to rush through a game for whatever reason, perhaps a new game on the horizon, and then down the road you wish you would have taken your time more. At least that's how I feel sometimes... Maybe it's just me.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

It's funny how sometimes you try to rush through a game for whatever reason, perhaps a new game on the horizon, and then down the road you wish you would have taken your time more. At least that's how I feel sometimes... Maybe it's just me.
    I can say this, because I am not getting trophies on the XB1-X I am enjoying the game more and doing things i very differently. On the PS4 i am level 55+ and no ballistic Armour what so ever. I never inspected a single piece of clothing. On the XB, I got a dirty army put fit, so i inspected and saw a +1 to STR and AGI and I was like, what else have I missed. Learning that i could modify it, it now has 65 + Armour protection on it. more than all my other guards alone.

also @Heimbachae, the upgrade for the PRO/X are minior but it makes a stand out difference. instead of loking like a great last gen title, it now looks up to snuff. IMO

Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

i mean... i played the shit outta that game. some people spend hundreds of hours in skyrim, that's how i was with fallout. i got my money's worth. i may go back someday but there has to be a good reason.

Sent from Dreamcast
    inquire within

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

i mean... i played the shit outta that game. some people spend hundreds of hours in skyrim, that's how i was with fallout. i got my money's worth. i may go back someday but there has to be a good reason.

Sent from Dreamcast
    Play it on xbox and mod it up a little. that is a good reason. Just use the vivid modes to make the world feel like nature has reclaimed the wasteland. I plan on doing that once the main story is complete.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 5

I leave Arc Jet behind me and point my gun towards Diamond City. It is not to far and I should make it by night fall. On my way nothing really noticeable happens. I came across a pond and sat for a bit., shooting down a few mozzies.

On arrival to Diamond City, I meet a young woman by the name of Piper. The guards at the gate seem hell bend of refusing her entry, but after a bit of back and forth they decide to let her in, and me as well.

after getting In and talking with Piper, she decides to write an article about me. I tell her my story and afterwards, she is compelled to join me out in the Waste lands.

I head out of her house and head to the detective agency, only to find that the detective, Valentine is missing. If I want his help I will need to go find him.

So I head back out, this time with a companion, Piper. Back out into the waste land to find this Valentine.
    heimbachae likes this.

Day 5

I leave Arc Jet behind me and point my gun towards Diamond City. It is not to far and I should make it by night fall. On my way nothing really noticeable happens. I came across a pond and sat for a bit., shooting down a few mozzies.

On arrival to Diamond City, I meet a young woman by the name of Piper. The guards at the gate seem hell bend of refusing her entry, but after a bit of back and forth they decide to let her in, and me as well.

after getting In and talking with Piper, she decides to write an article about me. I tell her my story and afterwards, she is compelled to join me out in the Waste lands.

I head out of her house and head to the detective agency, only to find that the detective, Valentine is missing. If I want his help I will need to go find him.

So I head back out, this time with a companion, Piper. Back out into the waste land to find this Valentine.
    That's pretty much the moment the game becomes worth playing. Until I got to Diamond City, I was about to just stop playing because it was either so boring, or way too hard.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

That's pretty much the moment the game becomes worth playing. Until I got to Diamond City, I was about to just stop playing because it was either so boring, or way too hard.
    Well to be fair I am chopping out bits of the story. but I quite like exploring the waste lands. It is what draws me to the game.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

You know, when you actually try to type everything up right you are a pretty good story-teller, hbeb. You just need an editor, and I can definitely do that for you!

I really miss this game. Since I platinumed it on PS4, I'm going to get it on Xbox One at some point and also play around with the mods. It's such a good game. I remember getting to a certain area in the game.. I think it was Saugus Ironworks.. I went there way too early and I got absolutely owned. Like Woody said, at that point I thought the game was too hard and I was going to give up on it. Once I got to Diamond City and started levelling up though, I went back to Saugus Ironworks with some power armor and took care of business.

I didn't use my power armor all that much though, honestly. It wasn't until late game that I realized how useful it could be. On my next playthrough, I think I'm going to go for a melee build so I don't have to worry about bullets. Those things are hard to come by...
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

You know, when you actually try to type everything up right you are a pretty good story-teller, hbeb. You just need an editor, and I can definitely do that for you!

I really miss this game. Since I platinumed it on PS4, I'm going to get it on Xbox One at some point and also play around with the mods. It's such a good game. I remember getting to a certain area in the game.. I think it was Saugus Ironworks.. I went there way too early and I got absolutely owned. Like Woody said, at that point I thought the game was too hard and I was going to give up on it. Once I got to Diamond City and started levelling up though, I went back to Saugus Ironworks with some power armor and took care of business.

I didn't use my power armor all that much though, honestly. It wasn't until late game that I realized how useful it could be. On my next playthrough, I think I'm going to go for a melee build so I don't have to worry about bullets. Those things are hard to come by...
    I always found the game quite reasonable with the difficulty but i never went in guns blazing. I laid traps and what not always and drew the enemies to me and my mines. what I missed out on when going for the platty was understanding the mechanics of the armor it self. I completely missed the ballistic armor, So I checked my PS4 level 55 character and yeap, I had armor on as under cloths with no stats. no ballistic weave.

This time round I am wearing Dirty Army cloths that has +1 to Strength and Agility and it has ballistic wave at level 3/4 giving me an additional 64 armour (or there abouts). It is a game changer.
    Last edited by hbeb9786; 01-24-2018 at 10:53 PM.

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ninja_Monkey32- Steam ID: ninja_monkey32
    stay tuned for the give away I just have to find time to actually write it up.
    i am not some monkey you can just hand out as some prize in a giveaway
    i have rights!
    The Cloud Strife likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
    i am not some monkey you can just hand out as some prize in a giveaway
    i have rights!
    Firstly yes you are

Second;y it was your Idea. you said and I quote:

"better to give me away than to sell me like a prostitute" end Quote...

told you to choose your words carefully mate. I fully warned you.

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

Firstly yes you are

Can I start the bidding?

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ninja_Monkey32- Steam ID: ninja_monkey32
    Firstly yes you are

Yes be that as it may, I only said that because you were in fact trying to sell me like one.
    it was a figure of speech, but looking back on it, this route is most definately the better alternative of the two
    The Cloud Strife and hbeb9786 like this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

whatever you do, DO NOT kill the underground railroad dudes. they can give you ballistic fiber which you can craft into ballistic weave and make some armor ****ing brilliant.

my bro in law didn't know this and laid them all out before i got a chance to tell him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

This thread is proof that hbeb can actually write well, and he's been yanking our chain this whole time. I suspected, but now I know.
    heimbachae and hbeb9786 like this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

This thread is proof that hbeb can actually write well, and he's been yanking our chain this whole time. I suspected, but now I know.
    I take my time here to write this story. Un like the rest of the forum when i close my eyes and mash the key board.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Day 6

Wandering the waste land has by now become second nature. Piper at my heels we head north west towards a small munition's dump know only to us as the Federal Ration Stockpile. we have know idea what to expect when we get there, all we know it exists, and we know this because of a conversation we over herd from a formally living citizens of this waste land. Lucky for me Piper had the good sense to add the location to our maps.

There was not much happening on the way there. the sun was out and the rads where low so we just walked and kept up a steady pace. Nothing but bloat flies and blood bugs to shoot at which made for a nice change. After about two days and a nights travel we made it.

It was early to mid morning when we arrived. the place looked abandoned. It looked forgotten. i was about to push open the door when Piper grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Trip wire. I was so complacent I did not even see it. Lucky for Me piper was there. I quickly disarmed the trap and collected some grenades for my trouble. I tried the door. locked. looked some what complicated, but I managed to pick it, to my surprise i caught piper smiling at this small achievement, she seemed to like that.

Bang, not two steps in and we are fired upon. I dive to the left, Piper to the right, the lobby just fills with raiders and Assaultron spewing lasers from its face. we are in for a fight and I hope what ever is in here is worth it. The Assaultron advances upon us quickly, we take out it's legs and disable it quickly. as it falls it shoots another laser off but takes out a couple of raiders an a turret as it slams into the ground. 2 down maybe 8 or so to go, and they all have the high ground.

Before I could thing Piper dashes across the room drawing their fire, i dart out of cover and take down three on the lower ground and take count of the rest. Two remaining. But there up hi, in cover.

Piper looks at me, bullet through her arm, bone ripped from her arm, she is in pain. The two remaining raiders move to get a beater shot of at her, she looks over and I slide her a stimpak. seems to do the trick. bone recovers before my eyes and she takes cover. I use this to my advantage. I toss up a grenade and make a run for the top of the stairs. auto 10mm in hand i spray their last known location.

Boom, the grenade goes off and we are sprayed with bits of wall and raider. That did the trick. One dead, one screaming in pain. Piper comes up to me and we walk slowly over to the remaining raider. Arms gone, he is no more than a torrso and a pair of legs. without thinking, piper looks into my eyes while lowering her gun. she pulls the trigger ending the raiders life and allowing peace to loot the place in peace.