• 1 Post By hbeb9786
  • 1 Post By heimbachae
  • 1 Post By jFug

Thread: This Pony is loving his Xbox One X

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305

This Pony is loving his Xbox One X

Man is this console good. Becasue of a bad taste left in my mouth the year XB launched all those years ago I never bother with a console from them ever, until I received an S for free, then the X.

when I got the S I only got Banjo Kazooie so my daughter could play it with me. I never looked on the store or anything. I was content to let her play it since we had it. but when I got the X, I got to looking at some things. XB BW up scales games like crazy. It turned Oblivion into a HD remaster, using the original assets. It looks really good all things considered and I am currently playing it over all the new stuff released.

I looked at the store deals and MS store and saw real discounts. Not just on old games but new games also. AC origins was $30 off, and it is NEW. so many others where discounted also.

I looked at memberships, I had a free month of games with gold, so I activated it, and I had a free month of game pass, whatever that was.

Wow game pass, just wow - Netflix's for Games it is. I got a bunch of XB1 AAA titles downloaded and installed for free, next month it will cost me $1 and $112 a month after. I do not think I will need to ever buy a new game again.

MS surprised me a lot. the console is solid and the X can really make a 4K game pop. I never said Wow when looking at GT sports on the PRO but I did loose my breath when i saw Forza in the rain. Games with gold is a better deal. the games are of similar quality as PLUS but I read I keep the games even out of subscription. so that is nice. EA Access is great. I signed up for a month and got Battle Front II free fr 14 days.

Game Pass is just the best feature. It is trumps everything. I am amazed that Sony has not got this same system. It destroys PS NOW. It blows it out of the water.

Great console, Glad I have it. Have to know buy a game (other than cuphead) to take advantage of all that power.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    My uncle just called me up tonight and said he got an XB1 S. His problem is that he refuses to get the internet because he's paranoid of being connected to "the grid." He can't set it up and use it without the internet. I told him he can bring it over Saturday to set it up.
    drew79 and hbeb9786 like this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    Can’t be too careful, that grid will get ya.

Anyways, I’m glad you’re enjoying your purchase. I almost bought an Xbox just for Rare Replay but then I used my brain and said $300 was too much for only that game with no intention of buying any other game.

You have no idea how much I wish they'd bring Rare Replay to the PC.
    Darth Praxis, cThreep and hbeb9786 like this.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope that lasts once the 'new console smell' wears off. I've had my Xbox One since launch and I've probably used it for fewer than 50 hours.

You only keep the Xbox 360 games without a subscription. The Xbox One games work exactly like PS+ where you can only play them whilst you have an active subscription.

It's really lame that that's still the case with Xbox One. Then again, I can't say I'm all that surprised since Microsoft still hasn't added local accounts to accompany the 'offline mode' they added a few years ago (all accounts need to have an Xbox Live ID associated with them and you can only use 'offline mode' if you've already been online at least once). It's not exactly reassuring for the future when there's no more access to Xbox Live.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    If you own it on Xbox you should be able to play it on windows 10. I will try tonight and see if I have the option, though I have a disc not a digital copy but her's hoping.

EDIT: NOPE, IT IS NOT PART OF PLAY ANYWHERE

that still trumps PS Plus, But I do like that if i renew a sub on PS+ I can still play all past and present games while active, Does Gold work like this?
    Last edited by hbeb9786; 11-22-2017 at 10:40 PM.

There's a handful of Xbox One titles from before Microsoft announced its 'Play Anywhere' initiative that aren't available on PC. Titles like Crimson Dragon, Halo: the Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Guardians, Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive.

Yes. As long as you've 'purchased' them when they were available for free, you'll have access to them whenever you have an active subscription.
    WoodenSaucer and hbeb9786 like this.

Nintendo NID
    ZeldaTrek
    He wouldn't wear suits with blue LED stripes all over by chance? That could explain alot. Also you might not want to play frisbee or race motorcycles with him this holiday weekend. Or do it might be fun and there is always great music for users on the grid.
    WoodenSaucer and Darth Praxis like this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    It would be cool if it had games I was interested in.
    I think Wind Waker would look really great in native 4K. The colors would really pop.
    They should make their own Zelda clone, that feels and plays like a traditional Zelda game.
    Darth Praxis likes this.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Calling someone a fanboy is a bannable offense hbeb, or at the very least warrants a warning

Poor jokes aside, I'm glad you like it.
    It seems good, but it's not sommething for me at this point. But I'll keep an eye one the Xbox side of things and see how they develop
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

I don't have an XB1, anyway, and I don't really want one.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Glad you're liking it. And Microsoft needs a hit, I hope it does well
    Isn't that all the games anybody would want to play on Xbone? Lol
    WoodenSaucer, Tommy and hbeb9786 like this.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    i am loving the BW games. A feature i did not even know I wanted
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    ZeldaTrek
    Glad you enjoy it. I for one never use the B&W/Color switch on my Atari. Never thought that feature would ever make a comeback let alone on XBone.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Backwards comparability... thx's for that lol.

now I need a game to play that is unique to xbox One x, and has been made for the X not just enhanced and is not Forza.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    are those types of games ever going to exist?

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    well i need an actually Xbox exclusive to play, that is not Halo and is not Forza and it seems to me that aside from some indies there s nothing. It is actually worse than I thought. MS has NO IP's at all. 0

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    If it's a financial thing, I can understand that. But if this is simply being stubborn, you should REALLY consider the X1X...I mean REALLY!

I have what amounts to a $900 gaming PC with an 8gb RX480 and an i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5ghz with 16gb of DDR4 RAM and I can BARELY get a stable 4K/30fps on most of my games. But the X1X actually runs quite a number of games at 4K/60fps and with little to no fuss. I have been absolutely flabbergasted at what this incredible system is actually capable of! I know that my rig is pretty antiquated but a system with more capability that can actually MATCH the X1X would absolutely sit in the $1000+ range, and that's pretty amazing.

That would be pretty awesome!

Hmmm....but your PC is pretty dang capable if I remember correctly. Oh well....

Guess you don't like Gears of War 4.....in 4K huh?

And Cuphead might be an "indie"-like title, but that is an exclusive that KICKS ASS!

Then there's Re-Core, which is OK....Forza Horizon 3 got a 4K patch, which I know is ANOTHER Forza game.

There's Sunset Overdrive which is pretty damn hilarious and fun as all hell to play, though there is a bit of a learning curve.

Killer Instinct is an awesome fighting game that just got a native 4K/60fps patch.

Quantum Break is a very unique and interesting title, along the lines of the old TV show Fringe that is also 4K now.

Dead Rising 3 was pretty fun as well...but not X enhanced. But State of Decay 2 is dropping in 2018, and will be 4K.

Ori and the Blind Forest was a great little title, and pretty darn challenging...at 1080p, with it's sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps coming next year.

Super Lucky's Tail is a cute one for the kids.

Having put some time into Fortnite I can say that the "Battle Royale"-style game is pretty fun and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds developer is considering extending the Xbox exclusivity.

Looking at next year there is Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 both expected to drop as well as that amazing looking 8-bit styled "Blade Runner" game The Last Night....

That doesn't account for 3rd party titles universally playing at higher resolutions and frame rates on the X1X, with Shadow of War looking substantially better, Assassins Creed Origins being one of the most stunning games I have ever seen in my life!

Now if you include Halo 5 (4K/60!) Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7....that's around 18 exclusive titles on the X1X so far, with five of them being released next year.

I wouldn't call that "no games".

And let's not forget that many games are rumored to be getting 4K enhancements such as The Division, which weren't on Microsoft's initial enhancement list.

Microsoft has a shitload of IPs, it's just not interested in using most of them. Hell, it doesn't even seem interested in using Fable and that was one of its four mainstays alongside Halo, Forza and Gears of War.

Darth already gave you a big list, but Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves should have X enhancements. I probably wouldn't say that either of them were developed with the X in mind, if that's really what you're looking for, given that they've been in development for ages. Depending on when exactly Microsoft allowed developers to access One X devkits, a lot of 2018 titles could have been in development for both the One/One S and One X instead of just shoehorning in One X support later. It depends if you want to play those multi-plats on Xbox One or your old faithful PS4.

You might need to wait until E3 2018 to see new titles from Microsoft that are actually built with the One X in mind.

I can see the jaggies on Link's model. 5/10.
    WoodenSaucer and Darth Praxis like this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Wind Waker HD in 4K, full AA, HDR and 60FPS would be swell.
    Darth Praxis likes this.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    First of all, thanks ....and lastly...DOUCHE!

SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

Click HERE for my latest articles!

That's why it's not worth it to me to buy the X1X. With most games coming to PC, I can just play them on there. And believe it or not, my 1070 can run most games at 4k@60fps with settings at the right place. Sometimes I choose to run games at 1440p, though, because I think it looks better on Ultra with all the extra effects running. I can't handle 30fps as well now. Some games will do 4K at Ultra well. So I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting out of my PC.

Honestly, all I'm missing from the XB1 is the old games before they started using UWP, and I don't care enough to buy a console. But I definitely think the X1X is worth it for someone wanting power, but wanting to stay with consoles.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    I can completely appreciate that. I tell ya, I am fairly flabbergasted at seeing a console running a game in equivalent of 4K Ultra 95%-97% of the time. Now full disclosure, that would be 4K dynamic resolution much of the time on most titles, meaning the game fluctuates the resolution to maintain performance, but not once have I seen graphical details drop from what would be Ultra PC settings. In Assassins Creed Origins for example I believe I heard that game never drops below 1700p in dynamic resolution, which is pretty spectacular. And I saw a side-by-side of the X1X/PC/PS4 Pro for that game and the only "glaring" difference was that the Pro showed aliasing much more readily maxing out in the 1500p range and the PC ran native 2160p and had just a bit more shadow detail than the X1X.

These minor differences indicate to me that if someone already owns an PS4 PRO or a competent PC that someone considering purchasing an X1X may want to hold off...but if you do NOT own a PS4 PRO of good gaming PC I absolutely recommend purchasing an Xbox One X. One of my buddies, XYROXZ2, also has the PS4 PRO and a very powerful PC and he's told me that besides a couple of titles on the PS4 PRO he enjoys playing he's been solely playing the X1X, even ignoring his PC because even that can have issues with compatibility sometimes that the X1X just does not run into.

And since I kept my original XB1 I added my two daughters to my existing Xbox Live Gold account and with any title that I digitally purchase or have two copies of we can now play online multiplayer titles together!
    Last edited by Darth Praxis; 11-28-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    @Darth & @Death

Fable is a game I would just dive into. I have brought Game Pass and downloaded Fable III and am waiting for a patch to make use of "The Heutchy Method".

I brought Fallout 4 for the Xbox One X yesterday, even though I have plattied it on PS4 becasue it is about to get the 4K patch.

Right Now, with MS BWC setup, I am looking to get my older games onto this system. I used to buy them on PC, games I mean I i liked them on PS4 so I could revisit them in the future. The Xbox seems like a better place to have them.

As for the many games listed, They do not really interest me unfortunately. Sony for know still has the better IP's IMO. If MS just created a new Fable it could be the best game yet across all platforms, or better still reopen Scale Bound.

I have Cuphead also and look forward to the Last Night. I know they are indies but I love Indies.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    I get ya....just wanted to say that Microsoft DOES have many exclusive IP's, more then most give them credit for, but I know that a lot of them for some reason or another aren't terribly popular with many people. I'm definitely an "Old-School" gamer so I cut my teeth on fighters and get a kick out of crazy-ass games like Jet Set Radio which is essentially what Sunset Overdrive's entire game design was based on, and love me some Dreamcast, basically what the Microsoft 1st party titles mostly remind me of.

Losing Scalebound was a huge mistake in my opinion and Microsoft only offering Sea of Thieves in it's stead is no where near compensation for that loss. I would very much like to see them go back to Platinum and find a way to finish that game. That goes the same for Fable, but in both of these instances I'm just doubtful that they will return to these highly desired games.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    I know they have IP but most of it is old and tired. MS has nothing like TLOU, Spider man, the Last Guardian or even Uncharted. It is there own fault but know that they have the worlds most powerful console, they need to NOW invest in new IP.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Guess you DON'T like Gears of War huh. It is spectacular, and in all honesty Sony used it's mechanics completely to build their Uncharted series gameplay on. Two VERY different games that play very similarly.

And are you really giving the other games a fair shake? Old and tired? You do realize that the one game you've lamented most over, Fable, predates every other major Microsoft series besides Halo right?

I'm just teasing ya man. And though I do understand your desire to have some killer IP's on X1X, again the vast majority of 3rd party titles look the BEST on the X1X, so I can't complain at all!

Also, guess I'm just not as into Sony's original IP's besides Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn. Most everything else coming out just is not appealing to me, or in a lot of ways looks quite derivative of each other, or other games Sony has already produced. Cookie cutter. At least Microsoft's games are extremely varied in their presentations and play styles.

But that's just my take.

Remember, I've been around long enough to see concepts being used 5 to 10 times or more already!
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Is it time to fight mate?
    Darth Praxis and hbeb9786 like this.
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Look I am not hating on the xbox, MS has done enough right here, but there IP's, aside from fable are old and I never got into them. Gears of War 4 I am considering though. I really want, and I am sure the xB1 fans want it more than me, a few games, that are new, that show of the power of the x correctly, like HZD does on the pro. not just games that received a patch.

fight him, ill get chips and watch, winner gets soap.

Beer or nah?
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Beer of course, were Stralian Mate, can not turn on a tap without it pouring out.
    jpd01 likes this.

surenuff give me a beer and show me whose face to punch in.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    here ya go

Beers in the esky
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Well disregard my question in the other thread. shoulda scrolled down into here before i wrote that. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm still on the fence whether or not i need one.

Sent from Dreamcast
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    inquire within

I'm a big PlayStation/Sony fan, but glad to here you like the Xbox One

It's nice to see all the three major consoles doing well...
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    PSN: jFugs2394

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    I am liking Game pass. It is good to have a service that lets me pay and play from a selection of games. I can buy all the must have nows on the Sony and play the rest on Xbox at my own pace when they become available. Game Pass is the best paid for gaming service I have come across. Now MS needs to make a GOLD + Game Pass subscription so I can pay less yearly and have both services running.