Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Xbox one S is the best value in gaming right now.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Honest question: what anti consumer ways? I don't follow Sony at all.
    Let's see

Not allowing cross platform multiplayer

No backwards compatibility because "who wants to play old games?" ( What they actually said)

No 4k Blu Ray support in their 4k console (probably wanting to gear up for offering 4k movies on their digital service instead)

Said no to EA access because they don't want competition on their own hardware when though Microsoft has their own game pass along with ea access.

Can't play ps plus games once subscription expires

Very very hesitant on mod support. By the time they gave the ok the Xbox one version of fallout 4 had a ton more mods to choose from

They keep raising their PS plus higher and higher

No early access games with exception of ark. Limiting choices to allow consumers to decide to purchase a game or not before full release.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ninja_Monkey32- Steam ID: ninja_monkey32
    Well in Murica I believe it is...

Monthly $9,99
    Quarterly $24,99
    Yearly $59,99
    The awesomeness of Xenoblade Chronicles..
    ...Will come to you again in 2015

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

I'll just say that ps4 is the best console for playing video games but is the worst one for features and any kind of freedom. In the PS4 vs Xbox "console war"

I think for the average Western gamer an Xbox one is the better choice because their game time will probably be on the AAA multiplats anyways. PS4 is best suited for gamers with a very wide range of taste and keep track of releases, a person like that will see the huge amount of games Xbox doesn't have.

There's so many people who just get a ps4 because it's the most popular but still just play battlefield all day and not any of the 9/10 10/10 exclusives
    Last edited by Glacier; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:14 PM.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Thanks all for your responses. Personally, I wouldn't pay for online ever unless the service was very good and very cheap. I don't play online enough to make it worthwhile, but that's just me.

Ten bones a month doesn't sound unreasonable though, if you use it a lot. Hell, Netflix charges about the same and I barely use that.

Touching on some of the the other topics, I'd say no to EA too. F*** EA.

4k is something I don't care about. Really I don't care about most of that stuff, but BC is definitely a big thing for me. Not always economically feasible though, so I'll bench myself on that issue as undecided.

As far as anti consumer stuff goes, I'd say the initial reveal of the Xbox1 is really hard to top. DRM? Jesus Christ, what a bunch of A-holes.

Anyways, thanks for the info gentlemen.
    Ninja Monkey and aMarioFan64 like this.
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

The service as a whole is not worthwhile IMO.
    I rarely play online on my PS4 anyhow which would be the main reason for me to get PS+ in the first place.
    But you do get access to some sweet deals occasionally as well as cloud saving I believe, so that's something.
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Thanks all for your responses. Personally, I wouldn't pay for online ever unless the service was very good and very cheap. I don't play online enough to make it worthwhile, but that's just me.

Ten bones a month doesn't sound unreasonable though, if you use it a lot. Hell, Netflix charges about the same and I barely use that.

4k is something I don't care about. Really I don't care about most of that stuff, but BC is definitely a big thing for me. Not always economically feasible though, so I'll bench myself on that issue as undecided.

As far as anti consumer stuff goes, I'd say the initial reveal of the Xbox1 is really hard to top. DRM? Jesus Christ, what a bunch of A-holes.

Umm....biased?

Ea access is a $30 a year thing where can play many different games as much as you want. You also get to play games early before release and get discounts on every ea game. It's a legitimately good service but sony is too salty to have it competing with ps now, even if sony did allow it it would be worse on PS4 because of the lack of BC titles, ea access on Xbox one has both 360 and one games

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aMarioFan64 Steam ID: ECOCKPIT89

I don't think you care about video games at all anymore.
    drew79 likes this.
    NNID: eCockpit
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    I don't think you care about video games at all anymore.
    I've had different priorities lately, to be sure. I do want to acquire a used Dreamcast, a PS3, and the new Atari retro Gold or whatever it's called... somewhere down the road. Right now rebuying a house and a certain lady are top in my mind though.

Hyrule can wait. It sort of has to at this point.
    WoodenSaucer and aMarioFan64 like this.
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
    The service as a whole is not worthwhile IMO.
    I rarely play online on my PS4 anyhow which would be the main reason for me to get PS+ in the first place.
    But you do get access to some sweet deals occasionally as well as cloud saving I believe, so that's something.
    I would have ps plus just for cloud saving if it wasn't forced for multiplayer no joke, I'm not gonna risk losing progress in a long game

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jrb363 PSN ID: jrb363 Steam ID: jrb363
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    After looking at the Xbox side of the fence and what they are doing for their consumers and what they offer in general I've come to this conclusion. Of course I have reasons to back up this opinion. This doesn't mean that I've "switched sides", I try to be as objective as possible when looking at technology and I'm legitimately impressed with microsoft.

1. Starts at $250 officially, comes with Minecraft

2. Ea access and game pass offer a ton of bang for buck, ea access has even added battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2

3. Play CD's ( I've gotten games that came with a freebie soundtrack but PS4 won't play it)

4. True backwards compatibility, no subscription required, many Xbox 360 games available for $10-$20

5. Cross platform play. You have an Xbox one but buddy has a switch? No problem. Enjoy rocket league and Minecraft together.

6. Keep playing your games for gold games even after subscription expires

7. Play ORIGINAL Xbox games with real discs.

8. Supports 4k Blu Rays at a price similar to DEDICATED Blu Ray players

9. Put your own music and videos directly on the console.

Overall if you want a current gen system for playing big third party games but what something more consumer friendly than the other guy and offers services that let you play many games for cheap, well, one S is the best/only option for that
    1. Good price, but the same/better in-game values can be found with the PS4.

2. Agreed, if you're into those types of games. I'm not (more of an RPG fan) so those services don't get me interested.

3. If you still want to play CD's then there are numerous, cheap options to use. This is not a + in 2017.

4. As someone else mentioned, you're simply downloading a license of the game from Microsoft. They can go away at anytime as the system is NOT reading the actual disc.

5. Wow, two whole games! Not really worth purchasing an entire new system over two gamesthat are cheap and on every other console known.

6. I agree, this is actually a very good thing and Sony should do this as well.

7. See point #4

8. This is a nice bonus but as the majority don't have a 4k tv and even less know/care about the tech (zero buzz surrounding it from what I've seen outside of tech sites) it's more of a future-proofing thing. Which is nice, but not worth purchasing a new system for.

9. Again, this is 2017 so with YouTube and 50000 other sites/apps there's really no need. Nice to have I guess though.

--------

What's the one thing you didn't mention which truly determines success more than anything else?

GAMES!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is where Microsoft falls far off the mark and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future until they start investing in their 1st/2nd party studios again.
    drew79 likes this.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

I would have ps plus just for cloud saving if it wasn't forced for multiplayer no joke, I'm not gonna risk losing progress in a long game
    yeah I feel ya, I can see the value in that.
    I've lost mah progress on a few occasions, feelsbadman
    And it almost always seem to happen once you've come far along in a game and then you're bound to redo it all, which is pretty tedious..

I just don't care for the MP part of it being locked behind a paywall

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    1. Good price, but the same/better in-game values can be found with the PS4.

2. Agreed, if you're into those types of games. I'm not (more of an RPG fan) so those services don't get me interested.

3. If you still want to play CD's then there are numerous, cheap options to use. This is not a + in 2017.

4. As someone else mentioned, you're simply downloading a license of the game from Microsoft. They can go away at anytime as the system is NOT reading the actual disc.

5. Wow, two whole games! Not really worth purchasing an entire new system over two gamesthat are cheap and on every other console known.

6. I agree, this is actually a very good thing and Sony should do this as well.

7. See point #4

8. This is a nice bonus but as the majority don't have a 4k tv and even less know/care about the tech (zero buzz surrounding it from what I've seen outside of tech sites) it's more of a future-proofing thing. Which is nice, but not worth purchasing a new system for.

9. Again, this is 2017 so with YouTube and 50000 other sites/apps there's really no need. Nice to have I guess though.

--------

What's the one thing you didn't mention which truly determines success more than anything else?

GAMES!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is where Microsoft falls far off the mark and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future until they start investing in their 1st/2nd party studios again.
    I thought you would come...see my PS4 userbase rant
    Last edited by Glacier; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:55 PM.

Some where in between your dreams and nightmares!
    I guess it depends on what the individual is looking for in gaming. Me personally I only buy and use gaming consoles for playing games. I never use any multimedia features, because I have other devices for that.

So when I'm looking at a platform, I'm not looking at any multimedia feature a console may have. I'm old school, I look at the games, the library, and what it has to offer from that perspective.

Truth of the matter is, the days are long gone when majority of the games available for a platform, were exclusive to that platform. So there was more of a reason to own multiple platforms, as they offered different experiences, that you can only get from that platform.

Nintendo is the only one that really still give a different experience. Microsoft and Sony have majority of the same library. With maybe 20% or so of titles being exclusive to each platform. But with that said, Sony has a bit more and better exclusives than what Microsoft have this gen. In my eyes that makes Microsoft the least appealing.
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    I guess it depends on what the individual is looking for in gaming. Me personally I only buy and use gaming consoles for playing games. I never use any multimedia features, because I have other devices for that.

So when I'm looking at a platform, I'm not looking at any multimedia feature a console may have. I'm old school, I look at the games, the library, and what it has to offer from that perspective.

Truth of the matter is, the days are long gone when majority of the games available for a platform, were exclusive to that platform. So there was more of a reason to own multiple platforms, as they offered different experiences, that you can only get from that platform.

Nintendo is the only one that really still give a different experience. Microsoft and Sony have majority of the same library. With maybe 20% or so of titles being exclusive to each platform. But with that said, Sony has a bit more and better exclusives than what Microsoft have this gen. In my eyes that makes Microsoft the least appealing.
    Would you truly choose a Nintendo system over an Xbox if you could only have one? A lot of people do have multiple systems naturally so this isn't really thought of.

With a massive backlog and getting every AAA third party game the Xbox one is a lot more suitable as a main console for the vast majority of people. When I look at a system I look at how it is if it's your only game system because you should be able to have one dedicated game console and still feel satisfied and have a huge variety of high quality titles. As a complimentary console a switch is a hell of a lot more appealing than a Xbox but I can't think of many people who would by choice rather take a switch over an Xbox one if they could only have one

Switch has by far the least amount of games and support than a Xbox one S so in my eyes if we are judging purelt based on that then switch is the least appealing by a large amount, exclusives don't mean much if the support of the console is very thin in comparison. That's just the harsh truth of the whole "system with mostly exclusives vs the third party box" thing.
    Last edited by Glacier; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:04 PM.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

Well to be fair Switch hasn't even been out a year yet.
    And a lot of people seem to be going with the PC+Nintendo combo
    In the end it comes down to what types of games you want/enjoy playing really

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Well to be fair Switch hasn't even been out a year yet.
    And a lot of people seem to be going with the PC+Nintendo combo
    In the end it comes down to what types of games you want/enjoy playing really
    Year 1 for sony and microsoft consoles have always had good variety and good support. Just for comparison the PS4/xb1 launched with many high end games across different genres and had consistent releases and support after that and those early days were considered the slow days, however you never really needed a "second console" because those are the two big players who get all the major support.

With switch imagine since launch only having that system....anybody enthusiastic about gaming would go mad. With switch it's support is hindered by it's hybrid design which is expected and will get better but saying the Xbox one is the least appealing out of the 3 because it doesn't have exclusives is beyond silly imho. The truth is anybody who bothers to post on a gaming forum is enthusiastic enough about games to know they (in most cases) need to have a system capable of playing the big AAA releases as they are the main part of the gaming industry. It's like having a DVD player that doesnt support traditional DVDs but it has exclusive great movies but also can't just play all the big movies and movies in general without the movies getting chosen to be manufactured in that proprietary format.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

Year 1 for sony and microsoft consoles have always had good variety and good support. Just for comparison the PS4/xb1 launched with many high end games across different genres and had consistent releases and support after that and those early days were considered the slow days, however you never really needed a "second console" because those are the two big players who get all the major support.

With switch imagine since launch only having that system....anybody enthusiastic about gaming would go mad. With switch it's support is hindered by it's hybrid design which is expected and will get better but saying the Xbox one is the least appealing out of the 3 because it doesn't have exclusives is beyond silly imho. The truth is anybody who bothers to post on a gaming forum is enthusiastic enough about games to know they (in most cases) need to have a system capable of playing the big AAA releases as they are the main part of the gaming industry. It's like having a DVD player that doesnt support traditional DVDs but it has exclusive great movies but also can't just play all the big movies and movies in general without the movies getting chosen to be manufactured in that proprietary format.
    All I was saying is that it's not really fair to compare a console that has been out less than 6 months with consoles that has been out for years, with already established userbase and a games, that was it xD

I'm not saying I expect Switch to get overly good 3rd party support or anything, just decent really

And the way I saw it PS4 and XBONE pretty much launched with cross gen multiplats and remassters really so yeah
    You're looking too much into it

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

All I was saying is that it's not really fair to compare a console that has been out less than 6 months with consoles that has been out for years, with already established userbase and a games, that was it xD

I'm not saying I expect Switch to get overly good 3rd party support or anything, just decent really

And the way I saw it PS4 and XBONE pretty much launched with cross gen multiplats and remassters really so yeah
    You're looking too much into it
    PS4/xb1 had high amounts of support from the getgo, that's how it was. Switch is the exact opposite. The reason why for something doesn't change anything for the consumer. Switch simply struggles for major third party support while sony and microsoft have never had this issue.. I was comparing their launch and launch window games and it's night and day.

A few points: you're incorrect about being able to continue playing Xbox One games you've received from Gold once your subscription expires. You can do that with the Xbox 360 games, but Microsoft followed Sony's lead when it came to the Xbox One and only made them available whilst you're subscribed.

It's also not even close to 'true backward compatibility' since nothing runs off the disc and it doesn't support the entire library. Maybe we're just arguing over semantics and you're using 'true backward compatibility' just to differentiate Microsoft's approach to Sony's, which is effectively just PS Now streaming + a handful of PS2 re-releases, but 'true backward compatibility' to me would be something like the Wii U, Wii, 3DS, DS, GBA, early PS3 models and PS2 where everything runs locally (no need to authenticate and download a file remotely) and the overwhelming majority of titles are supported out of the box.

As for the value judgment, well, I'm with Woody in that I think it's subjective. You can try to make things objective by compiling a list of features that the Xbox has that the PS4 doesn't, or that the Xbox does better, but I don't think you can then make an objective value judgment on that list simply because individuals may not weight each point the same as you. Like Jrb, I think games are the most important feature of a console and the Xbox One has sadly been lacking in that department for years now compared to PS4 -- it shares most of the Western, third-party AAA games, sure, but it's missing many of the smaller titles, most of the Japanese titles and its exclusives have been severely lacking in my opinion (and probably 'objectively' too if you want to count them all up).
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

PS4/xb1 had high amounts of support from the getgo, that's how it was. Switch is the exact opposite. The reason why for something doesn't change anything for the consumer. Switch simply struggles for major third party support while sony and microsoft have never had this issue.. I was comparing their launch and launch window games and it's night and day.
    What are you on about
    Remind me as to where in the post I responded to where you mentioned or even touched upon that

I'm not defending it, In fact I've said on occassions that I feel that the Switch library is a little barren and won't be worthile until the end of the year when all the major releases has come out
    On the flip side I've seen you going against anyone saying that it's library is barren
    I'm struggling to understand your stance on this

in any case it doesn't matter, i think the Switch could be better in some aspects for sure.
    But overall I believe that the general consumer would pick up a PS4 over an Xbox One really.
    It's the more popular option, has more exclusives and more likely that one of your friends has one at that, which in turn could further entice you to pick up a pS4 over and Xbox One

Some where in between your dreams and nightmares!
    Would you truly choose a Nintendo system over an Xbox if you could only have one? A lot of people do have multiple systems naturally so this isn't really thought of.

With a massive backlog and getting every AAA third party game the Xbox one is a lot more suitable as a main console for the vast majority of people. When I look at a system I look at how it is if it's your only game system because you should be able to have one dedicated game console and still feel satisfied and have a huge variety of high quality titles. As a complimentary console a switch is a hell of a lot more appealing than a Xbox but I can't think of many people who would by choice rather take a switch over an Xbox one if they could only have one

Switch has by far the least amount of games and support than a Xbox one S so in my eyes if we are judging purelt based on that then switch is the least appealing by a large amount, exclusives don't mean much if the support of the console is very thin in comparison. That's just the harsh truth of the whole "system with mostly exclusives vs the third party box" thing.

Well I've always owned multiple consoles, since I started gaming. Difference is in earlier generations the libraries were so different from each other, there was more of a reason to own multiple consoles. Nowadays with Sony and Microsoft, not so much, since they have nearly the same exact library. Unless you have to own them for the 20% exclusives or just like buying consoles for collector's purposes.

But to answer the question about Nintendo and Microsoft . Let's say the Switch and Xbox One. If I had to go out and buy one tomorrow. Of course I would choose the Xbox One, for the simple fact it has a much larger library. The point I was making on Nintendo is their the only ones that still have that uniqueness of having a mostly different library from Sony and Microsoft. It feels the same as the Nes to Master System. The Turbografx -16 to Genesis to SNES. The Saturn to PS to N64, and so on. I can't speak for everyone else, but that's what attracts me to a console more. It's unique library. That's what I grew up on with gaming, consoles having extremely different libraries. I'm still stuck in my old ways with that. It's another reason why I dont care too much to get into the multiplat conversations or praising multiplats. Cause I prefer exclusives.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

What are you on about
    Remind me as to where in the post I responded to where you mentioned or even touched upon that

I'm not defending it, In fact I've said on occassions that I feel that the Switch library is a little barren and won't be worthile until the end of the year when all the major releases has come out
    On the flip side I've seen you going against anyone saying that it's library is barren
    I'm struggling to understand your stance on this

in any case it doesn't matter, i think the Switch could be better in some aspects for sure.
    But overall I believe that the general consumer would pick up a PS4 over an Xbox One really.
    It's the more popular option, has more exclusives and more likely that one of your friends has one at that, which in turn could further entice you to pick up a pS4 over and Xbox One
    Switch isn't the most "no games" system in the world but there isn't "nothing" it just depends on when you pick it up and what your tastes are. But compared to other systems it looks like being in the middle of the Pacific ocean (in comparison)

Most people did choose PS4 but I wasn't talking about a popularity contest, but how microsoft is a much more consumer friendly company than Sony nowadays, I think bo cross platform play was the the boulder that broke the camel's back and them crapping on previous gen games.
    Ninja Monkey likes this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Death View Post
    A few points: you're incorrect about being able to continue playing Xbox One games you've received from Gold once your subscription expires. You can do that with the Xbox 360 games, but Microsoft followed Sony's lead when it came to the Xbox One and only made them available whilst you're subscribed.

It's also not even close to 'true backward compatibility' since nothing runs off the disc and it doesn't support the entire library. Maybe we're just arguing over semantics and you're using 'true backward compatibility' just to differentiate Microsoft's approach to Sony's, which is effectively just PS Now streaming + a handful of PS2 re-releases, but 'true backward compatibility' to me would be something like the Wii U, Wii, 3DS, DS, GBA, early PS3 models and PS2 where everything runs locally (no need to authenticate and download a file remotely) and the overwhelming majority of titles are supported out of the box.

As for the value judgment, well, I'm with Woody in that I think it's subjective. You can try to make things objective by compiling a list of features that the Xbox has that the PS4 doesn't, or that the Xbox does better, but I don't think you can then make an objective value judgment on that list simply because individuals may not weight each point the same as you. Like Jrb, I think games are the most important feature of a console and the Xbox One has sadly been lacking in that department for years now compared to PS4 -- it shares most of the Western, third-party AAA games, sure, but it's missing many of the smaller titles, most of the Japanese titles and its exclusives have been severely lacking in my opinion (and probably 'objectively' too if you want to count them all up).
    I also value games the most but when a game console is the cheapest and best 4k Blu Ray player compared to dedicated ones that don't play AAA video games then it's hard to argue that the objective value of something like that is around $600, it's like when the PS2 came out and was the best DVD player. Or when PS3 came out and was the best Blu Ray player.

Most Western gamers only care about multiplats. I've seen so many PS4 owners only play stuff you can also get on Xbox. The whole "more exclusives" thing isn't the end if the world if someone doesn't care. People don't have infinite time to game so if someone spends all their gaming time on multiplats which can stretch thousands of hours in total then they aren't thinking about playing ps4 titles.

That's why there are many Xbox fans to this day. It's the best console for multiplats, period. Especially now with the Xbox one X coming out that demolishes the PS4 pro in power. It's the ultimate third party multiplat box and PS4 is the ultimate "play all the games but with no pro consumer features" box.
    Last edited by Glacier; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:28 PM.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

Switch isn't the most "no games" system in the world but there isn't "nothing" it just depends on when you pick it up and what your tastes are. But compared to other systems it looks like being in the middle of the Pacific ocean (in comparison)

Most people did choose PS4 but I wasn't talking about a popularity contest, but how microsoft is a much more consumer friendly company than Sony nowadays, I think bo cross platform play was the the boulder that broke the camel's back and them crapping on previous gen games.
    That I can agree with. When it comes to games I'm open to most anything but that being said Switch hasn't had many games worth buying a new system for, is what I've been saying in the past for example.
    Like take Bomberman (along with a few others) it's a game that I'd like to play and buy once I do get a Switch but it's not the type of game that would make me go out and buy the console.

So for me up until recently with the launch of Splatoon 2 and ARMS (Along with Zelda ofc) I didn't feel like it gave me much reason to pick one up until after. But I always felt that once those game launced along with the other major releases for the year that it'd be more than enough reason to pick one up.
    In any case that's not the topic at hand, so sorry for my dragged out off-topic response xD

As mentioned yes Switch will most likely not get the same type of support as the Xbox One/PS4 has.
    That's just sort of to be expected, sadly

And I didn't mean to make it sound like a popularity contest but I just was just saying that even if the Xbox One S is good value for your buck I'd still think the majority would go for PS4.

I can't speak for Microsoft being more consumer friendly however, as I haven't had an XBOX since the OG XBOX and haven't kept up with them too much.
    That being said they do seem to have some good things going for them for sure, and I've considered getting an Xbox One for some time now

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

That I can agree with. When it comes to games I'm open to most anything but that being said Switch hasn't had many games worth buying a new system for, is what I've been saying in the past for example.
    Like take Bomberman (along with a few others) it's a game that I'd like to play and buy once I do get a Switch but it's not the type of game that would make me go out and buy the console.

So for me up until recently with the launch of Splatoon 2 and ARMS (Along with Zelda ofc) I didn't feel like it gave me much reason to pick one up until after. But I always felt that once those game launced along with the other major releases for the year that it'd be more than enough reason to pick one up.
    In any case that's not the topic at hand, so sorry for my dragged out off-topic response xD

As mentioned yes Switch will most likely not get the same type of support as the Xbox One/PS4 has.
    That's just sort of to be expected, sadly

And I didn't mean to make it sound like a popularity contest but I just was just saying that even if the Xbox One S is good value for your buck I'd still think the majority would go for PS4.

I can't speak for Microsoft being more consumer friendly however, as I haven't had an XBOX since the OG XBOX and haven't kept up with them too much.
    That being said they do seem to have some good things going for them for sure, and I've considered getting an Xbox One for some time now
    Yeah Phil Spencer saved Xbox, if they kept that other guy, oooo boy.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean that you CANT use switch as a main console, but that doing it since day 1 is a bad idea, it's a different story if you get one now and want to play at least 4 games that are available.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Glacier is bored again

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    Glacier is bored again

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Late to the party there.

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    All I am getting with reading through this thread is that Nintendo and Microsoft should combine forces to create... the... New Nintendo New Xbox One X? Nintendo doesn't get the third party support but has a bunch of exclusives, Microsoft has the third party support but is lacking in exclusives. It's a match made in heaven, right?

Microsoft has definitely been the most consumer-friendly company in regards to the Xbox One this gen. The first E3 introducing the PS4 and Xbox One was opposite, however. Sony mopped the floor with Microsoft. Microsoft came up there and started laying down all these ground rules that not many people were on board with. Then Sony basically came up there and said "Okay, guys, we aren't going to do ANY of that". It was pretty phenomenal. Fans were screaming, a unicorn with wings was flying around the stadium, and if I recall Oprah even made an appearance and started throwing PS4s into the crowd. "You get a PS4! You get a PS4! You get a PS4!!!!!"

Fast forward a bit. Microsoft was hurt badly by all of that and struggled out of the gate and continue to. The Xbox One is still fine, and it isn't like it is selling horribly as much as it is the PS4 is just selling incredibly well. Sony indeed stole some fans from Microsoft, and it's hard to argue with their steady stream of exclusives on top of getting tons of third party support. But whether it be due to how much they have struggled or not, Microsoft is definitely taking the "consumer-friendly" approach. Sony doesn't have to, so they aren't. That isn't to say they're being completely anti-consumer, either, though. People clamored for them to allow us to be able to use external hard drives, and they finally did.

However, backwards compatibility is a big thing for me. I don't care how it was implemented, or if the disc doesn't matter or whatever some of you are on about. It's a better solution than Sony's PlayStation Now. I'd rather be able to pause my game and not get kicked off after five minutes. I'd like to be able to put a PS3 disc in my PS4 and it work. I'd rather not be playing a game and one day not be able to any longer because Sony removed it from their service. These are all issues I have with Sony, although they are my go-to company for a console. Their library is just too large and too diverse for me to say the Xbox is the best option. I do own all three consoles, however, but if I were forced to keep one and leave the others behind I would keep the PS4. I'm glad I'm not in that situation though, because as I have said numerous times all three current consoles have something to offer.
    Glacier likes this.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    if you are posting mediocre things that this system has, you forgot to mention the FREE INCLUDED 4K CAPABLE HDMI CABLE.

i've been trying to look it up but it looks like there is only one USB and the switch has 3 on the dock.

but real talk, the ONLY thing that appeals to me besides the price point is the Premium Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio codecs included, which would help me and my HTS since i have a high-end tv that only sends compressed surround sound optically.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrob View Post
    if you are posting mediocre things that this system has, you forgot to mention the FREE INCLUDED 4K CAPABLE HDMI CABLE.

i've been trying to look it up but it looks like there is only one USB and the switch has 3 on the dock.

but real talk, the ONLY thing that appeals to me besides the price point is the Premium Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio codecs included, which would help me and my HTS since i have a high-end tv that only sends compressed surround sound optically.
    The Switch has more USB ports than it has uses for USB ports.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Joel from the Last of us View Post
    The Switch has more USB ports than it has uses for USB ports.
    I'm not sure what you are even supposed to plug in there yet

the Hori fight stick and wired pro controller both connect through the USB port but that's all I'm aware of at this point

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    the Hori fight stick and wired pro controller both connect through the USB port but that's all I'm aware of at this point

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Don't good wireless controllers produce no input lag? Why wired? Legitimate question here.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jrb363 PSN ID: jrb363 Steam ID: jrb363
    I thought you would come...see my PS4 userbase rant
    Nah...I'm too busy gaming bro!

But seriously post it here and I'll check it out. Not sure where to look and I hate searching the forums. (Yes, I'm lazy )
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    Nah...I'm too busy gaming bro!

But seriously post it here and I'll check it out. Not sure where to look and I hate searching the forums. (Yes, I'm lazy )
    Don't worry about it. You had a point.

Games are definitely the most important aspect, PS4 is the best value for folks who have a wide taste of games. If someone likes both big budget Western/japanese games and more niche/ very Japanese stuff then PS4 is heaven: it simply has a LOT more retail release games.

However if all you play is multiplats then Xbox one holds the advantage for that group for everything I mentioned. It just does more and is the most consumer friendly this gen.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    pro controller or charging grip, USB-to-LAN adapter, or the switch power pad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12