View Poll Results: Which game are you most looking forward to playing?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (XBO)

    0 0%
  • Project CARS (XBO)

    2 66.67%
  • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (360)

    0 0%
  • Star Wars: the Force Unleashed (360)

    1 33.33%
  • None of the Above

    0 0%
Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree18Likes
  • 7 Post By Glacier
  • 1 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By Death
  • 1 Post By Death
  • 1 Post By Darth Praxis
  • 2 Post By Glacier
  • 1 Post By Darth Praxis
  • 2 Post By Switch
  • 1 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 1 Post By Darth Praxis

Thread: Xbox Live Games with Gold (February 2017)

  1. #1
    Behold a Pale Horse Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,160

    Xbox Live Games with Gold (February 2017)

    Microsoft has announced the Games with Gold line-up for January 2017.

    Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to download:

    Available Platform Title Meta
    February 1, 2017 Xbox One Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Asteroid Base, 2015) 82
    February 16, 2017 Xbox One Project CARS (Bandai Namco, 2015) 81
    February 1, 2017 Xbox 360 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (LucasArts, 2010) 85
    February 16, 2017 Xbox 360 Star Wars: the Force Unleashed (LucasArts, 2008) 73
    As has been the case every month since it was introduced, both Xbox 360 titles will also be playable on Xbox One through backward compatibility.

    For a comparison to previous months:

    2017: January.
    2016: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

    Feel free to discuss the games on offer, the Games with Gold program and what you'd like to see in the future.

    Source: Major Nelson.



  2. #2
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Nintendo: "here's balloon fight, you have one month."

  3. #3
    Moderator Kahhhhyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    23,211
    I'd play TFU if I still had Gold
    Darth Praxis likes this.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

  4. #4
    Behold a Pale Horse Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    I'd play TFU if I still had Gold
    I grabbed a month of Gold around Christmas since Microsoft was offering it for a dollar, but it's lapsed again now. This doesn't entice me enough to renew.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

  5. #5
    Lord of Awesomeness bobiroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    5,809
    Nintendo NID
    BOBIROC
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BOBIROC Steam ID: BOBIROC
    Hmm Maybe I will get Project Cars just to try it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Nintendo: "here's balloon fight, you have one month."
    I think this will work the same as XBOX that as long as you download it within that month Window you can keep it play as long as your subscription is active. Granted Nintendo needs to up the ante to more than NES and SNES games to at least N64, GC and Wii but maybe it will evolve to that.
    I brought the Awesome. What did you bring?

    Switch Friend Code
    - 2893-9606-9975
    NintendoID (Wii U) - bobiroc
    XBLive GamerTag - bobiroc
    SteamID - bobiroc
    3DS Friend Code - 1134-7717-4295
    Super Mario Run Player ID - 7352-6985-2096
    Anyone sensing a pattern here?


  6. #6
    Moderator Kahhhhyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    23,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Death View Post
    I grabbed a month of Gold around Christmas since Microsoft was offering it for a dollar, but it's lapsed again now. This doesn't entice me enough to renew.
    They got me on that $1 thing once too. Little did I know it set itself to auto renew and charged me $13 the next month. Never again Microsoft.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

  7. #7
    Behold a Pale Horse Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    They got me on that $1 thing once too. Little did I know it set itself to auto renew and charged me $13 the next month. Never again Microsoft.


    I always check that setting whenever I sub to anything since pretty much every service does that.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

  8. #8
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Project cars is really fun if you want something more realistic than forza. It's about the driving and not the money and customization in Forza.

    Just make sure to adjust controller settings because the game isn't optimized well for controllers out of the box.

  9. #9
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    7,724
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    Quote Originally Posted by bobiroc View Post
    Hmm Maybe I will get Project Cars just to try it out.



    I think this will work the same as XBOX that as long as you download it within that month Window you can keep it play as long as your subscription is active. Granted Nintendo needs to up the ante to more than NES and SNES games to at least N64, GC and Wii but maybe it will evolve to that.
    Bobi.......and I thought I knew you........



    SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    SKYPE: flynnlivesNNID: DarthPraxs
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

    Click HERE for my latest articles!

  10. #10
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,384
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    LOL Glacier...

    Two good games here for sure. Project Cars and Star Wars. Not sure about the other two. Force Unleashed is way better than Battlefront in my opinion. I am still hoping they create another game like that. I haven't got to play Project Cars yet but I have seen gameplay videos and am interested in it.

    Hopefully Sony has a good month as well and isn't disappointing again.

  11. #11
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    7,724
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    LOL Glacier...

    Two good games here for sure. Project Cars and Star Wars. Not sure about the other two. Force Unleashed is way better than Battlefront in my opinion. I am still hoping they create another game like that. I haven't got to play Project Cars yet but I have seen gameplay videos and am interested in it.

    Hopefully Sony has a good month as well and isn't disappointing again.
    You PEOPLE!!!!

    LIKE AN ICY KNIFE PLUNGED INTO MY VERY SOUL!!!!!!!!



    The Cloud Strife likes this.

  12. #12
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Boy am I glad I can play video games without worrying about politics that happened a year ago like how it should be.

    I'll likely prefer GT sport over pcars but that's due to the games themselves and not who made it lol. GT sport has orgasmic graphics my god.

  13. #13
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,384
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Boy am I glad I can play video games without worrying about politics that happened a year ago like how it should be.
    What do you mean?

    (By the way I was laughing at the balloon fight thing which I thought was genuinely hilarious. Just figured I would clarify since I didn't quote. )

  14. #14
    That One Member aMarioFan64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,104
    Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: aMarioFan64 Steam ID: ECOCKPIT89
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Boy am I glad I can play video games without worrying about politics that happened a year ago like how it should be.
    Good attitude to have. I feel the same way about Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 5. (Hopefully some day I can get a PS4 or PC for that).
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

  15. #15
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    What do you mean?

    (By the way I was laughing at the balloon fight thing which I thought was genuinely hilarious. Just figured I would clarify since I didn't quote. )
    There was a great war between Wii u owners and slightly mad studios. The battle raged for a long time.
    Darth Praxis and aMarioFan64 like this.

  16. #16
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    7,724
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    Sorry....forgot many either are too new or don't quite remember!


    http://wiiuforums.com/wii-u-news-tal...their-bow.html

    Too keep it brief Ian Bell, CEO of Slightly Mad Studios and I aren't on what you would call "good" terms. And I'm never letting THAT particular grudge go!

    Please knock yourself out if you want to get the game. I'm just teasing you guys!

    ........or AM I!?!?!

    Last edited by Darth Praxis; 01-24-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    The Cloud Strife likes this.


    SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    SKYPE: flynnlivesNNID: DarthPraxs
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

    Click HERE for my latest articles!

  17. #17
    Banned jpd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,966
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: jpd0184
    Quote Originally Posted by bobiroc View Post
    Hmm Maybe I will get Project Cars just to try it out.



    I think this will work the same as XBOX that as long as you download it within that month Window you can keep it play as long as your subscription is active. Granted Nintendo needs to up the ante to more than NES and SNES games to at least N64, GC and Wii but maybe it will evolve to that.
    I'm pretty sure it's been clarified in a number of places that the free Nintendo subscription game is only free for the month then you have to pay to keep it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

    Gammechick made me do this.


    Nintendo Id: jpaton09

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,721
    ...and here I bought the GOTY version of PCars on Steam.

    I MEAN...DOWN WITH IAN BELL!!
    Darth Praxis and aMarioFan64 like this.


  19. #19
    Senior Member riseBLUEsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Endor
    Posts
    2,750
    Nintendo NID
    riseBLUEsun
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: riseBLUEsun
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Praxis View Post
    You PEOPLE!!!!

    LIKE AN ICY KNIFE PLUNGED INTO MY VERY SOUL!!!!!!!!



    I'll keep from downloading PC for your sake.

  20. #20
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,384
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Praxis View Post
    Sorry....forgot many either are too new or don't quite remember!


    http://wiiuforums.com/wii-u-news-tal...their-bow.html

    Too keep it brief Ian Bell, CEO of Slightly Mad Studios and I aren't on what you would call "good" terms. And I'm never letting THAT particular grudge go!

    Please knock yourself out if you want to get the game. I'm just teasing you guys!

    ........or AM I!?!?!

    I didn't know about that. Well, screw that game then. There's way better racers out there anyway.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

  21. #21
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    7,724
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    I didn't know about that. Well, screw that game then. There's way better racers out there anyway.
    I do appreciate your kindnesses gentle folk on my behalf, but seriously do not let my personal grudge with someone over a video game sway your decision to own it.

    If because how they treated myself and all other Nintendo supportsers on the whole factors into your decision on whether or not to own the game the is completely up to you and there will be no hard feelings!

    ....accept for MAX! SCREW YOU YOU TWO-TIMING SHILL OF A SUPPOSED "FRIEND"!!


    GOTY EDITION!!!??????



    THE HUMANITIES!!!!!!!
    Switch likes this.


    SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    SKYPE: flynnlivesNNID: DarthPraxs
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

    Click HERE for my latest articles!

  22. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Praxis View Post
    I do appreciate your kindnesses gentle folk on my behalf, but seriously do not let my personal grudge with someone over a video game sway your decision to own it.

    If because how they treated myself and all other Nintendo supportsers on the whole factors into your decision on whether or not to own the game the is completely up to you and there will be no hard feelings!

    ....accept for MAX! SCREW YOU YOU TWO-TIMING SHILL OF A SUPPOSED "FRIEND"!!


    GOTY EDITION!!!??????



    THE HUMANITIES!!!!!!!
    You should be thanking me good sir!! :P

    I made sure I ripped them off as much as I could.

    GOTY = less money through DLC
    Steam Summer Sale = low price

    Let's just say I have a dark side.

    And in the words Mr. Iron Man,



  23. #23
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    I just want to say something real for a second. If the pcars Wii u supporters had other systems to play it on, I don't think you guys would have wanted to play pcars on Wii u
    The game would have ran at 30 fps with likely dips into the 20's. This is a significant downgrade from 60 fps and this is night and day for a racer.

  24. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I just want to say something real for a second. If the pcars Wii u supporters had other systems to play it on, I don't think you guys would have wanted to play pcars on Wii u
    The game would have ran at 30 fps with likely dips into the 20's. This is a significant downgrade from 60 fps and this is night and day for a racer.
    I was originally planning to buy it on Wii U, back then I was hyped for gamepad possibilities

    Sent from my Galaxy S6


  25. #25
    Do you feel it?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,524
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I was originally planning to buy it on Wii U, back then I was hyped for gamepad possibilities

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    I was just wanting to support third parties on Wii u rather than going for the much better running and looking version.

  26. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I was just wanting to support third parties on Wii u rather than going for the much better running and looking version.
    I still had hope for the console and gamepad possibilities back then

    Sent from my Galaxy S6


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •