Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Death

Thread: Xbox Live Games with Gold (March 2016)

Xbox Live Games with Gold (March 2016)

Microsoft has announced the Games with Gold line-up for March 2016.

Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to download:

Available Platform Title Meta
    March 1, 2016 Xbox One Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (Focus Home, 2014) 72
    March 16, 2016 Xbox One Lords of the Fallen (CI, 2014) 71
    March 1, 2016 Xbox 360 Supreme Commander 2 (Square Enix, 2010) 75
    March 16, 2016 Xbox 360 Borderlands (Take-Two, 2009) 84

As has been the case every month since it was introduced, both Xbox 360 titles will also be playable on Xbox One through backward compatibility.

For a comparison to previous months: January, February.

Feel free to discuss the games on offer, the Games with Gold program and what you'd like to see in the future.

Source: Major Nelson.
    Desend likes this.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Wow.. This is a really good list of free games. Hate to say it, but they're mopping the floor with Sony this month. PSN has had a lot of great digital deals though, but still. This almost makes me want to buy an XB1 again.

Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NewbCentra1
    Darn, Xbox One owners get that Sherlock Holmes game. Always wanted that but kept forgetting about it. Tempted to download Borderlands but I know I'll never play it (I never play the second lol). Supreme Commander 2 might be interesting, never heard of it though.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    Wii U NNID: Satsedude

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony_Iced_Tea View Post
    Darn, Xbox One owners get that Sherlock Holmes game. Always wanted that but kept forgetting about it. Tempted to download Borderlands but I know I'll never play it (I never play the second lol). Supreme Commander 2 might be interesting, never heard of it though.

Lords of the Fallen might be good too, if you haven't played it. I never actually got to play it but it seemed interesting in some of the vids I watched.

Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    Lords of the Fallen might be good too, if you haven't played it. I never actually got to play it but it seemed interesting in some of the vids I watched.
    I don't have an Xbox One, which is why I made that first remark.

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

I don't have an Xbox One, which is why I made that first remark.

My bad. Have you ever thought about buying one? I'm a playstation guy, but I think it's pretty cool that you can play a lot of 360 games on the One, and you don't have to pay *cough* PS Now *cough*.

Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    My bad. Have you ever thought about buying one? I'm a playstation guy, but I think it's pretty cool that you can play a lot of 360 games on the One, and you don't have to pay *cough* PS Now *cough*.
    I've been considering both the PS4 and Xbox One. On the PS4 side, the FFVII remake (never had the chance to play the original), FFXV, Shenmue 3, and the Last Guardian, along with games like Infamous Second Son and others already released, all looked appealing. On the other hand, I was also interested in Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, and Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One. Once I found out that Rise of the Tomb Raider was coming to PS4, however, my interest shifted slightly towards PS4. Add to the mix that our Xbox 360 collection is at least thrice the size of the PS3 one, and that (according to my friend), PS+ is cheaper than Xbox Live, and I'm most certainly getting a PS4 when I can. It probably won't be for a while though, mostly because of cost.

Darn, Xbox One owners get that Sherlock Holmes game. Always wanted that but kept forgetting about it.
    If you get a chance, you should play it. I played it on PS3 when that version was included with PS Plus and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. I went in expecting a mostly mediocre experience, but the investigation mechanics coupled with the fact that the game allows you to incorrectly conclude cases and send innocent people to jail made it really enjoyable for me.

I've been considering both the PS4 and Xbox One. On the PS4 side, the FFVII remake (never had the chance to play the original), FFXV, Shenmue 3, and the Last Guardian, along with games like Infamous Second Son and others already released, all looked appealing. On the other hand, I was also interested in Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, and Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One. Once I found out that Rise of the Tomb Raider was coming to PS4, however, my interest shifted slightly towards PS4. Add to the mix that our Xbox 360 collection is at least thrice the size of the PS3 one, and that (according to my friend), PS+ is cheaper than Xbox Live, and I'm most certainly getting a PS4 when I can. It probably won't be for a while though, mostly because of cost.
    I'm not trying to persuade you to Xbox One (I'm not even that pleased with my Xbox One ), but Final Fantasy XV is coming to Xbox One as well.

In addition, Xbox Live can be cheaper than PlayStation Plus if you purchase codes that aren't intended for your country. I generally pay around AU$45-50 for 12-13 months of Xbox Live Gold and that's because I buy out-of-region codes from countries like India and Russia instead of buying the local Australian codes that cost AU$90. PlayStation Plus, on the other hand, requires codes from the same country as your account meaning that you either have to create an account from a potentially cheaper market or just put up with it and pay the higher price in your native country (I pay AU$70 a year for PS Plus, though I usually get it slightly cheaper since at least one retailer normally sells codes for 10-20% off each year).