Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DeliciousMalk
  • 1 Post By savinghyrule
  • 1 Post By GLA

Thread: Wii Games U Miss

Exclamation Wii Games U Miss

do you sometimes miss playing certain games on your Wii that you can't really play
    On your Wii U or be replaced by newer versions?

I know i do, I was just thinking about this yesterday when i was looking through my collection
    of wii games i had since early school days.

I came across Animal crossing City folk, Cooking mama cooking with friends, Mario striker charge.
    Animal crossing city folk is one of those games that has yet to be replaced. New leaf is here but it doesn't give me the same wholesome feeling City folk did.

There's many games i wish Nintendo would remaster in HD with Updates.

I want to know what you guys think and what games you miss on the wii

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    Nothing like that for me with the Wii, but I grew up on SNES, N64 and gamecube, so there are plenty of games like that for me on those consoles. Specifically Animal Crossing on the GameCube.

www.mariomansion.com
    Mario Strikers Charged was phenomenal. Mario Kart Wii is probably the 2nd best Mario Kart game, only behind Mario Kart DS. I miss the 3D Mario style of Galaxy & Galaxy 2. I also really, really enjoyed Brawl. But that's probably it.

I do miss more games from previous generations, but the Wii did have some greats.
    TickleTot likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMalk View Post
    I only get on here so I can argue with woody and watch drew trigger people

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    What kind of messed up order is that? Both of those entries are some of the worst in the series. I thought we could be friends after agreeing on the adorable characters from Wind Waker!

Actually the avatar customization on MK DS is really cool - I made mine Jack Nicholson's creepy face from The Shining.

Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

I need lore dammit!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Denmark, between tallyho-country and the muppets kitchen.
    Nintendo NID
    Va2ben
    I'd like a new Mario Strikers.

My brother and I have had way more fun with those games, than two grown men should be allowed to.

Actraiser is also sorely missed

Battalion wars would have been a perfect fit for the Wii U, though if there ever is a new one I hope they rethink everything but the gameplay concept.. they could even give it a Mario skin-over, I'd be fine with that or Hyrule.
    Last edited by Kukabuksilaks; 10-17-2016 at 04:28 PM.

www.mariomansion.com
    Lol. My order is:
    1. MKDS
    2. MKWii
    3. Super MK
    4. MK Double Dash
    5. MK 64
    6. MK 8
    7. MK 7
    8. MK Super Circuit

But really they're all pretty close. I played MKDS so much and snaked so hard I needed a replacement DS. MK Wii I was a regional and global time trial record holder. The other ones were all good as well, but not fun enough for me to get crazy competitive with. I feel like MK64's battle mode was more fun than the racing
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMalk View Post
    I only get on here so I can argue with woody and watch drew trigger people

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    1. 64
    2. 8
    3. Double Dash
    4. 7
    5. Super
    6. DS
    7. Wii
    8. Super Circuit

And ya MK 64's battles are awesome. That's part of the reason it's #1!

GLA
    Hard to miss a library you can still play on your Wii U via BC and to an extent VC too.

I sold all my RareReplay-featured N64 games, which paid for my Forza Xbox1 and 7, yes 7, games. Also, anytime a N64 game that I owned came to the Wii U VC, that got sold too. Absolutely no regrets as I've seen it as a way to upgrade those experiences.

However, I do regret selling my Mega Drive (Aladdin) and Saturn (SFA2) - but I was young and selling was the way for me to get a new system, and unfortunately that's just what happens a lot for gamers at certain ages. E.g, when I was whingeing to get a SNES, I had to sell my Mega Drive II, etc.

I also sold my gorgeous condition SNES - that was a moment of madness, and it was bye bye Unirally. Got about 15 eshop games with that though, so not a disastah.

I need more Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario. I MISS STORIES!!!

My order would be:

1. MkWii
    2. 64
    3. Double Dash
    4. MK8
    5. Super MK

I don't have the others on the list because I haven't really bought a Handheld to play MK on. The last Nintendo Handheld I had as a kid was the original Gameboy.
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    1. Mario Kart Double Dash!!
    2. Mario Kart Wii
    3. Mario Kart 8
    4. Mario Kart 7
    5. Mario Kart DS
    6. Mario Kart 64
    7. Mario Kart Super Circuit
    8. Super Mario Kart
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

GLA
    01. MK8
    02. MK Double Dash!!
    03. MK64
    04. MK Wii
    05. MK DS
    06. Super Mario Kart
    07. MK SC

Never played 7 yet.

MK8 is just the supreme pinnacle of the series - in a way, it's almost too flawless. What's that, battle mode? Okay, docking it a few points to bring it *down* to a 10. It's just masterful, beautiful, with some of my favourite music in a video game ever, and fluid in every way.

Double Dash!! is gorgeous in a way that MK Wii didn't really improve on, so when you unlock cups and see that Wario and Diddy Kong Racing esque track, I was in gamecube heaven - my jaw dropped in Wario's spiral circuit (and I played that for the first time almost 10 years after it came out).

MK64 still impresses me - I think many of the tracks have aged really well (little touches such as the grass textures in the classic Mario circuits still have me beaming to be zooming around in them, and the jumps and thuds still feel awesome regardless of how primitive it all must seem for some now), and whilst controls are easier to allow the simple pleasure of the visual experience, it's still a tough cookie to truly get the corners you want. It used to really irritate me how much the AI would never be able to be truly lost or overlapped, but making sure you never miss a power up box can largely remedy this, but in no way does it get a pass for such an irritating choice slightly taking away from earning any kind of lead that driving well should result in. Awesome ideas in here - I really would just stare at screen shots in magazines, it really was like my Nintendo wet dream at the time.

MK Wii I'm tough on - if this game was packed into DD!! I do wonder if I'd be more into it, but this is the MK I give the Luigi death stare side-eye to. Quite rightly it is in the trail of Double Dash as that one deserved a bigger audience as it still feels so bold and vibrant. On the one hand (the nunchuk), it's tamer and more streamlined, but on the other hand (the wii mote) the AI is utter garbage and many scenes you just need to give in and appreciate how ridiculous it is.

DS is going about the original, purely because the controls are now where I want this game to be, plus the 2 screens is brilliant for aiming and what not (it's a shame MK8 didn't have this as a 3rd gamepad option). I play on my TV screen, so graphically it's like a really bad Saturn game (which in turn makes me love it!).

Super Mario Kart - still cuter than words can describe, the twinkly, squelchy, vibrant music is iconic, as is pretty much everything here. I would love Nintendo to give the inevitable Switch VC release an online mode as it truly deserves it, and would give a lot of people the incentive to put the work in that it requires (watching world record races, etc, always rekindles my adoration for it and shows how much it actually is worth it to get good. Otherwise, it's a strange game to play solo - the nostalgia makes it feel like a ghost town as of course the memories are from 2 player or being huddled round that old school 24" or less tv screen.

SS. Well, good for Nintendo making it. It's not bad at all, but it's more of an add on for fans of the SNES entry in my opinion. I've not played too much of it, and probably played more of Konami's mascot racer (which I hope one day gets a sequel as you really can't have enough good games in this genre).
    drew79 likes this.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I think MKW doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's really good IMO. MK7 and 8 are both excellent as well. I have DS and Super Circuit, I need to play those more. I think the first two are pretty bad though I can see why people like them. DD was a lot of fun, no question.

As for the OP, I would love to see a new Excitebots or Deadly Creatures. I also thought the Conduit series showed promise, as did Tournament of Legends and Castlevania: Judgement. While the last two aren't especially good, there was something there that was promising.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    trauma center
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I actually think I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii more than New Super Mario Bros. U
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    NSMB is way better than people give it credit for. Yeah, it wasn't a 3D game, so what? NSLU was especially good IMO.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    As much as I dislike NSMBU, I think it's probably easily the best one. There is so much to it, and I'll admit the over world is cool.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    yeah

it was a pretty good game, then mario maker killed 2D marios for the future :O
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Dang, you know what I miss? Super Paper Mario and Galaxy.

We need more story-driven adventures!

I want Super Mario Mushroom Warfare.
    Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    WeAllReadyHaveThat

the flash movie was made years ago
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Word, I love the first one but never played the second. Have you?

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I have it but have barely played it. They went from an X-Files conspiracy freemasons vibe to an obnoxious testosterone shooter. It's not bad, but all the charm of the first is pretty much gone.

Also, no Kevin Sorbo.