Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gameboy
  • 2 Post By Desend

Thread: Wii U Gamepad Inconvenience

Wii U Gamepad Inconvenience

Hi,
    I've been going through a lot of trouble with my Wii U Gamepad in the past few months. But the main point of it is that I've been noticing that the right control stick on my Gamepad is much stiffer than the left one. It's not a huge problem but it's enough a problem that it is actually bothering me. I've talked to a Nintendo representative and they said that I should only send in my Gamepad for repairs if it really affects gameplay. Does anybody have any advice? Thank you very much!
    -Chase

Nintendo NID
    jaguar

This problem isnt happening with me. You should really send it in if your still under warranty. If not just deal with it for a while and if you cant play a game just send it in and pay for repairs
    Switch likes this.
    NNID: jaguar

Thanks for responding! To be honest, I think the real problem is that I might be going insane. Well, a few months ago I accidentally left my Gamepad under the couch and it made the right stick looser than the left. I sent it in for repairs but when it came back it felt that the right stick was now too tight. Anyway, the main point is I think the whole problem is that I got so used to the right stick being looser so when it got repaired the right stick feels really stiff. Honestly, now whenever I try to use ANY controller, the right analog stick feels stiffer than the left.
    Do you have any sort of advice for me to easily get used to the right stick being stiffer than I was used to? Sorry, I know this is supposed to be about Wii U and not psychology or whatever. Haha.

Nintendo NID
    Skunks
    If you keep using it you'll eventually get used to it.
    The left triggers on both of my Xbox 360 controllers became really stiff, and now I'm used to it.

Okay, I'll try my best to get used to it. Sorry if I sound like a brat. I'm just very picky with my electronics. Haha.

repeat 100x - "The right stick feels juuuust right..."
    You need to reprogram yourself.
    Rabbid gamer since the pong days, drummer for Sonic Chaos, computer geek, Nintendo fan...

Nintendo Id "whee_U"
    3ds code
    3067-6428-5258
    Official sponsor of PWii4U this gen...
    Disclaimer : All posts made by scotto46 are for entertainment purposes only.
    hear me at
    https://www.reverbnation/sonicchaos

Nintendo NID
    Desend
    Put it back under your couch. Make a ham sandwich and a cup of tea. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes or so and then call your parents. While on the phone drink 1/3 of the tea. Add a little milk then remove the bag. Hang up the phone at this point even if mid conversation. This part is tricky; lay on your stomach and retrieve your gamepad. Make sure you only grab it with your left hand, never allowing your thumb to touch the B or X buttons. Slide it out slowly. Check the analog stick at this point an you should be good to go. This maximizes analog function by 121.43%. Best of luck!
    DarkFame and scotto46 like this.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2337-3603-7726
    Nintendo Network ID: Desend
    Feel free to add me, just let me know so I can also add you!

it could also be his right thumb is messed up. Better pop in and out of the socket a few times to be sure.
    Rabbid gamer since the pong days, drummer for Sonic Chaos, computer geek, Nintendo fan...

Nintendo Id "whee_U"
    3ds code
    3067-6428-5258
    Official sponsor of PWii4U this gen...
    Disclaimer : All posts made by scotto46 are for entertainment purposes only.
    hear me at
    https://www.reverbnation/sonicchaos