Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SH*TBLOCK
  • 1 Post By The Detonator

Thread: My game review of New Super Mario Bros U

My game review of New Super Mario Bros U

This is the game review for "New Super Mario Bros U" or "SMBU" for the WiiU:

If your a "Classic "Nintendo games fan or a Mario fan, your gonna like this game. This game is fun for the whole family, and up to 5 person Co-Op lay you can make it a party of fun or anger (depending on how you play). What this game needed for sure that doesn't have is on-line multi-player. It would have made this game 10X better in my opinion. I don't feel a "Mario Galaxy" would work for multi-player BUT this kind of game would for sure. The game looks great in HD and is the best looking 2D Mario game to date. The Game-pad controls and extra look is good add-on to the game BUT the game overall doesn't break the mold of the versions on Wii and the 3DS, and I am not the only one that thinks they could have pushed everything a bit more. That being said, the levels and visuals are great to see and play, and you do feel you're playing an evolved game. Also,to get everything in the game can be tuff and ya gonna need some help (either from the strategy guide or by asking questions at the Miiverse). Being able to post quotes/pics/and your personal best achievements through the Miiverse is a great addition and really brings the Nintendo gaming community together for sure. I believe this is a most have game for the U and give the game a 4 out of 5.

andregurov likes this.

SBLOCKgaming

Good review of the game. If I was not going to pick it up with my Wii U I am now. Two question. I have heard the map is really big have you seen all the levels yet? Also how are the modes that are not the main story?
    Nintendo ID: Had to bring the first one back about to do the update now
    Just enjoying hanging out with you guys and gals having a good time.
    BoA Song of the Day: ID; Peace B

Ummm the norm amount of worlds and levels (8 or 9 each world plus some secrets in the game) but they made them look big and nice. I show the whole world at the end of the vid, and I haven't beat the game yet so I haven't seen everything yet but like what I have. I didn't mention the other modes because the review was already 14 mins long, lol. They are fun and challenging, and really good for competitive multi-player. It forces you to keep playing the game. I like them a lot but don't think I can even beat everyone, lmao.
    SBLOCKgaming

O there was a video did not even see the link.
    Nintendo ID: Had to bring the first one back about to do the update now
    Just enjoying hanging out with you guys and gals having a good time.
    BoA Song of the Day: ID; Peace B

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    challange mode is really addictive! and it is really hard to. i have yet to beat them. sometimes it is hard to the point of annoying but maybe thats me. it is a great asset to the regular mario and i hope to see it again.
    SH*TBLOCK likes this.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Ultimate Guide to Wii U Forums
    Forum Leaders/Staff
    See anything wrong? Report it! Click the /!\ triangle in the bottom left of each post!

I really want to pick this up at some point, unfortunately I just don't feel like it's worth a full $67. Unfortunately, since it's a first party Nintendo title, it'll stay that way for a while. I've actually seen NSMBW for 70 bucks in store, for no other reason than the managers knew people would buy it...
    Nintendo ID - Rainmaker
    3DS Friend Code - 0946-2543-8206
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040604163
    Feel free to add me on any. (Just let me know)

So I have a Let's Play channel now. That's cool... I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbN...nW2wumA/videos

This is a good review. But i allready have it so i dont need this review to tell me otherwise. Same with everyone else. I think everyone either has this allready or is planning to get it
    Octopus cow

Nintendo NID
    andregurov
    Nice succinct review.
    "What did the Caspian Sea?" - Saki

Thanks and I am glad you like it. I feel that we all know what Super Mario Bros games are and have been and I didn't feel to make a whole written review of this since so many either know the game or will play this game.
    SBLOCKgaming