Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jobarri

Thread: Wii U Game Pad Sync Help

Wii U Game Pad Sync Help

I just factory reset a Wii U i just purchased, and i cannot seem to sync the gamepad with the Wii U. The gamepad stays on the screen where it says "Turn on the tv and wii u console, and then switch the TV's input to the correct setting for Wii U." My TV is fine i can see the code where it gives you the symbols to enter on the gamepad but i cannot input them on the gamepad because the screen does not want to change. i have tried doing it on hdmi and component and still nothing works the gamepad remains on the same screen. If anybody could help me with this issue i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I'm not sure that I can help you myself, but break things down step by step, so others may be able to...

i bought a wii u online and it had someone else's info so i factory reset it. now that it i reset it, the first thing it wants me to do is sync the gamepad with the console. i follow the instructions on the tv and press the red sync button on the wii u and then i press the red sync button on the gamepad. the symbols appear on the tv so i can input it on the gamepad to finish the sync, but the symbols that are supposed to appear on the gamepad are not appearing. the screen just remains on the screen where it says Turn on the tv and wii u console, and then switch the TV's input to the correct setting for wiiu

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    To clarify, are you hitting the red sync buttons sequentially? That is, first one, then the other? Because it needs to be at the same time as far as I know. Also, I've heard that holding down A,B, +,- for a few seconds will restart the gamepad.

i just tried again pressing them subsequently and at the same time. neither seemed to work the gamepad remains the same. so im thinking the gamepad is the problem but before i factory reset it, it was working fine.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Are you sure it isn't a battery issue? I'm not saying that to be condescending, but it's a possibility. How exactly did you factory reset the console? I think most of us here bought ours new and have never reset it, so if you walked us through the process that might help.

i went to system settings scrolled all the way to the end where it says delete all content and settings and deleted everything. im thinking that i have to reset the gamepad but dont know how. so im probably going to open up the back unplug the battery and plug it back after a minute.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    On Nintendo's web sight it says pressing and holding A,B, +,- for a few seconds will reset the game pad. Pulling out the battery might also work. Let us know how it turns out!

Thank you drew79, I ended up calling Nintendo Support and they determined that the GamePad needed to be repaired. I actually just purchased this console from a 3rd party seller, so i figured that the warranty was going to be expired and I was going to have to hunt down the seller for a refund, but Nintendo's customer service was amazing and allowed a one time exception and is going to repair it free of charge.
    WoodenSaucer and savinghyrule like this.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Very cool. I've heard good things about Nintendo's customer support overall. As much as I overall love the GP, it ticks me off you can't buy one separate in NA as a backup or replacement. That said, a Pro controller is a great substitute, although I'm not sure if you can get the WiiU "up and running" with just that alone, but you probably can.

Beyond that, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Every WiiU game is either the greatest thing ever or is complete dogcrap according to someone on here, so at least you'll get a range of opinions! Have fun with your WiiU and don't be a stranger.