Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Zelda will be the same on Wii U and NX

The Supreme Being Ainz Ooal Gown's Avatar
    Honestly I've seen so many people that claim the game is jaggy or doesn't have X or Y feature in it and I'm here looking at these screen shots/videos and thinking 'what are they smoking?'.

Even from early on Nintendo said there would be little gamepad influence from this title and I'm glad because the gamepad is distracting and only useful in full on RPG type games or RTS.

I'll add though that the Gamepad doesn't tax the Wii U CPU/GPU in any realistic way, although if the gamepad needed specific CPU calculations for whatever reason it's possible to cause some issues, however the pad does have it's own dedicated rendering system so I'm willing to bet that the NX and enjoyability were the most prominent issues why Gamepad integration will be limited.

Hardware is the main reason. Breath of the Wild is using most if not all (as I've said before) but the other systems can afford to offer more resources to those graphical features which results in a better looking game no matter what art style is used.
    Last edited by Ainz Ooal Gown; 06-28-2016 at 11:32 AM.

I am Ainz Ooal Gown. With that name at stake, there can be no defeat.

BotW would benefit from gamepad usage though, being able to hot swap weapons or quickly eat food rather then poking around in a menu would be way faster. And for anybody who didn't want to they could still pause the game and do it that way
    Darth Praxis likes this.

I think it will have that. It's too much of a simple thing to ask for and I'm pretty sure the Gamepad has gyroscope for bow aiming already so there's little doubt in my mind the other stuff will make it into the final build. But if it doesn't.....well I can't say I'll care.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Source?

I won't create a thread and throw a fit if they don't do that, but it would feel like a heck of a step back after playing WWHD, TPHD and even Skyward Sword where you can swap items without ever pausing.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Watch the direct feed videos and look at how the render distance effects textures and other artefacts. Also they've stated that the Physics engine (which is probably CPU based), has caused them major issues, that will likely slow down the game considerably. This is more than enough for them to turn off some of the fancier lighting effects with heavy usage of mip mapping (to show textures further away) and to turn down things like Anti-Aliasing to lower settings.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Eiji Aonuma was pretty clear about not utilizing the Gamepad for in-game menu's, map, or inventory because he stated he felt it was too distracting to the game. Of course this also comes on the heels of one of the worse received titles Nintendo has published for Wii U, Star Fox Zero, utilized arguably the worst Gamepad intigration of any Wii U title to date.

Notice I said arguably.

Nintendo did confirm that the only Gamepad feature that Zelda: Breath of the Wild will use is off-screen play. They did not mention the gyro-aim feature, which might also be incorporated.

Also during the E3 it can be clearly seen in several off-screen videos that the Gamepad is blank except for a white static control diagram for show goers to use as a guide for how to play.

If you need a source, here ya go!

I can say that this reasoning in absolute garbage! I know many of those who joined me playing Destiny on XB1 had discussed the advantage of having the Gamepad to switch our loadouts without having to enter a menu screen would have been fantastic! Additionally I had to use an official mobile Destiny app to move items and gear between storage and my characters inventory which the Gamepad would have seemlessly facilitated!

And by the way, Destiny was a multiplayer only title, meaning that pause did NOT stop the game, so you always ran the risk of being attacked and killed when you had to check your inventory, which was regularly! AND I had to set my controller down to pick up my phone to transfer items from my vault regularly as well!

And this comment about them abandoning the Gamepad feature "early on" sounds bogus to me as well, since we clearly saw the features being used December 2014.
    Last edited by Darth Praxis; 06-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Ainz Ooal Gown likes this.

SWITCH CODE: 5851-4468-3890
    DISCORD: Darth Praxis #5187
    3DS Friend Code:4141-3790-6603
    My Daughter's NNID:QuoraStar

Click HERE for my latest articles!

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I wonder when they will show off a story trailer that will get me really hyped for this game.
    Hopefully they will show it off at the same time as the NX reveal (and I hope that is soon).
    Darth Praxis likes this.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

GLA
    Give the Wii U version its gamepad inventory function, Nintendo! I can imagine there's going to be a nasty petition otherwise.

Story is the thing I'm most hyped about, I want to know who the main characters are, their affiliation to Link and just how the hell the Sheikah got such advanced tech.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    I think people were thinking we would see what we saw at E3 2014....

E3 2014

E3 2016

E3 2014

E3 2016

E3 2014

E3 2016

(Piss-poor YouTube screen grab by the way, should give everyone an indication of how much compression YouTube distorts images with)

And finally what I believe will truly be the difference between Wii U and NX!

Wii U

NX...likely not 4K. Also look VERY closely and you can much better see the MASSIVE Guardian on the slope of Fire Mountain!

To be fair the current build of Breath of the Wild does look awesome, but it COULD look so much better on the NX. I do hope that Nintendo does push for 1080p. I'm OK with 30fps since Destiny was 1080p/30fps and I could to this day STILL pour hours and hours into that game!
    Last edited by Darth Praxis; 06-28-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar

Let the arguments commence.
    Darth Praxis likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    They already revealed the story, were you not paying attention? You have to gather these three stones at the beginning and then you save the sages and after doing all that you stop Ganon and save Zelda.

What if the 2014 demo was the NX version? *puts on tinfoil hat*

But honestly if you compare the Nintendo game footage to those taken from other sources you can see there is a difference in vibrancy and even the indirect footage confirms this to an extent. But sure the game has taken a step back in some regards but those that are saying it isn't doing modern graphical effects don't know how they work.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

It's even better than that. They pretty much said there isn't a story this time at all.

It's actually funny that you're one of the only people that realizes I'm being tongue in cheek and you're one of the bigger Zelda fans on here. I may not be excited for this game but I'm still going to pick it up on NX, so I'm going to continue to be critical of it. Anyone who's offended, be damned.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    NO!!!! Damn YOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!

GLA
    One of my favourite stupid things to do in Witcher 3 is quite simply scaring towns folk - I wonder if Link will arouse suspicion based on whatever clothes you've got him in and what not depending on the town. They must be doing something different with the towns too - especially if it's a giveaway for whatever stands as the story. I see the main narrative as conquering the landscape anyway.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

It wouldn't be too difficult to do since Fable did this over a decade ago. I like that they're mashing up a bunch of ideas that older games had and putting it all in one big game. No, that's not a knock on it although it could be misconstrued as one. Though it wasn't the clothes you wore in Fable that made people in villages adore you or become terrified of you, it was your actions in the world that built your reputation.
    WoodenSaucer and Darth Praxis like this.

GLA
    The Fable games are high on my XB1 BC list. Cheap as chips they are too.

I'm just now starting to play Fable Anniversary, and it's my first time to play a Fable game. It's awesome. I'm really loving it.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    This can't be your first thread, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12