Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Zelda U Twilight Princess Sequel???

Old Noob

Question Zelda U Twilight Princess Sequel???

There is this thing floating around. Check it out and tell me what you think.

I have my own theory that I call, the
    Midna-iite Theory

Basically
    1. Wii U is pretty similar to GameCube
    a.Both were introduced with a twilight princess esque tech demo
    b.Both had their first Zelda game as "Wind Waker w/o HD"
    c.Both struggled/ing.

2. This E3 will be 10th anniversary of TP's reveal.

3. Some say Aonouma hated TP, but getting the reaction they got at E3 2004, it's is not easy to hate.

4. Vast open world seems like TP's cup of tea.

5. As Nintendo has stated that their next console will be designed to be able to adequately absorb WiiU's architecture for easy porting, it makes sense how TP was first made for GameCube and then ported to it's successor.

In the end I could be wrong, because probably every year there must be 10th anniversary of some Nintendo game, but as they gave a tech demo esque gake to GameCube, it's possible they will give one to Wiiu. Besides now is the time when people are most obsessed with graphics than ever before. Like me. So leave your best theories and replies.

Nintendo NID
    mlviel

Zelda U Twilight Princess Sequel???

Yeah I don't believe it at all. Nintendo has never been so careless with information and I don't believe that begins now. This is too detailed to be true, IMO.

Definitely don't need a TP sequel to have amazing graphics,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it'll either be TP sequel because Zelda's had enough prequels/intervals already. Also, Wind Waker's already had two DS sequels and ALBW has already been released so I think a TP sequel is pretty likely.
    The Metroid Prime Trilogy is ... great!

Popular Member Certified Skyward Sword's Avatar
    Probably fake but i hope its true TP is probably my favorite zelda game ever.

And i remember a rumor long time ago saying that an epic character from past games was returning to Zelda U.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk

PSN: Skyward1988
    NIN ID: Vanskez88

https://www.twitter.com/HeroOfTime88

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

Banned
    hope its true, that was a good game

Holy crap
    Just read the article. Too good to be true, that would be the best Zelda game ever.

Last edited by Skyward Sword; 03-31-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

Old Noob
    Some articles say that the art style will be like TP but colourful sans lack of light just like Hyrule Warriors and ALBW. I don't know what to expect. In an article of Wiiudaily, it's stated that it will be Skyward Sword esque. All this confusion will make the reveal even better. I wonder if the case was that the tech demo was the actual game and they have been spreading around rumours just to get people off track. Whatever happens, this E3 will be one of the best, including MS and Sony's roster.

Old Noob
    Though if they come up with something absolutely different, say like MM, I would be happy with that as well.
    FlamingFury likes this.

I hope so cuz after watching that demo it will be hard for me to accept another Celda or SS 2.0

Not much of a rumor, really. The only issue I have with it is that they've stated that the art style will be different than the tech demos'--but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be completely different, so that could have some truth to it, there. Everything else except the number of dungeons involved could be extrapolated from things they've said about it, even the fact that it's a sequel to Twilight Princess. So, basically, everything contained in that article could be absolutely true, but that doesn't mean it's an actual leak. If that makes sense.
    drew79 and FlamingFury like this.

Nintendo NID
    Gammalad
    eh take this with a grain of salt.
    The Wii U Forums local Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney expert.
    Want to play Ace Attorney but you don't want to hunt down the original DS games?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpkHBUOJCM

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gammalad

Gaming Blog:http://gaminggamma.com/

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Darn it. I thought this was going to be some new rumor, not the same one from last summer. Back when this rumor first came out, we pretty much debunked almost every point of it using the little information we had straight from Miyamoto and Aonuma. It's safe to say that you can't believe any of this stuff, except the stuff that we already knew that they slip in there to make it more believable.

However...

This is very interesting, and I didn't know that.

Some people think we've been given a lot of hints that we may either be getting a MMHD remake, or that Zelda U is some kind of sequel to MM. I can't wait for E3 so we can finally find something out.
    Gammalad likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    As long as the game looks something like this:

I do not care what Nintendo does. You could be fighting the 'Ultimate Bunny' as the end boss who has covered the world with flower smelling poop pellets and I'd still find it enjoyable.
    JoesatMoes likes this.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I'm in news blackout until April Fool's is safely over!

Speculation is okay though! I like all the LoZ art styles for various reasons. But most people in the west seem to want a harder, more realistic version of Hyrule. I think that would make the game look kind of generic, but what the hell do I know? People seem to want something as close as possible to that tech demo. Maybe it's time for Nintendo to curb the "creativity" and just give people what the want.

If they do that, I want Tingle to die under "mysterious circumstances."

Since none of the LoZ games really have much to do with one another, (I disregard the timeline theory) why not go a little nuts with this one? Maybe Ganon has already conquered Hyrule years before. Zelda is missing, presumed dead. Link was killed in the fighting. No one has seen a fairy in years. A secret cabal of wizards ressurect Link, but maybe his resurection is limited and certain conditions have to be continuously met to keep him alive. Or, let's say Link was reborn/reincarnated soon after death and taken away by Impa to be raised as a monk. A vow of silence would explain why he doesn't talk. Now he is forced to return to hyrule to follow Impa, who heard a rumor Zelda might be alive and went to investigate.

Not hugely original, and we know Miyamoto doesn't like story elements, but a darker, more realistic/grim atmosphere means you could take the narrative in new directions, ones that wouldn't fit in Skyward Swords or Wind Wakers aesthetic.
    WoodenSaucer and Darth Praxis like this.

Lol. They need to do all of that, and reveal to us that Tingle is actually an incarnation of Ganon, and we end up fighting Tingle as the final boss. I'm sure even if they did all of this, they'd still figure out a place to put it on the timeline.
    FlamingFury likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Desend
    I hope this game is in no way related to MM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2337-3603-7726
    Nintendo Network ID: Desend
    Feel free to add me, just let me know so I can also add you!

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    It could very well be a Twilight Princess sequel, but personally I hope they shake this series up a bit. I would be quite disappointed if the title is in any way tied to another entry. I also hope they mix things up a bit with the overall template of the game. 3 dungeons, zomg plot twist!, more dungeons, boss - it just doesn't surprise me any more. Compass, Map, new item in chest that is used to kill the boss - this also has lost that excitement it used to hold on me. I hope Aunoma really shakes things up with this entry. I know he himself is growing 'tired' of the formula as well.

Now an open world take on the game would be a start, for sure. I'd love a 3D adventure that was more akin to the original Zelda for the NES in terms of exploration, with no telling you where your next dungeon lies. But at the same time empty space won't do it for me either. Open world is actually a very tough thing to do right in a video game.

I probably sound like a negative nancy over here, but it's just my extremely high expectations for the franchise coming through. I really want to see something amazing this time around.
    Tha90sGuy, Desend and Mlvielhaber like this.

Old Noob
    We all have high expectations from Aonouma and the team. Let's just hope it turns out to be the right game for this era.

The stuff I was referring to earlier was something that could have hinted at it being a sequel to Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. If it's going to happen, my money would be on SS. End of the day, however, I doubt it's a sequel at all. But I wouldn't care if it was, as in all likelihood nothing would be recycled from the first entry, except maybe Ganon or Tingle, things like that.

That is tough to pull off, at least in a way that satisfies the person playing the game. They could reach for a middle ground, too. Not a true sandbox game, but one that fulfills on the promise of Hyrule Field in TP, or The Sky in SS.
    WoodenSaucer and Rugmouse like this.

Not enough for me. Ill say um trucks

Yes that one and spirit tracks are the worst

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California

Zelda U Twilight Princess Sequel???

TP is easily the worst Zelda. if Zelda u was some sort of skyrim/twilight princess hybrid I'd probably only play the top down ds versions from that day onward.

i would not buy a sequel to TP and the whole skyrim influence turns me off too

majoras mask 2 would be the greatest thing ever though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better go buy those ds games chile... So ull be ready

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    I already have the ds games. I just read the article and thank god it all sounds super fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would hate it if the gameplay is similar to MM. But as long as they stay very far away from that style of gameplay, I wouldn't be mad if they found some way to continue the storyline.

The ocean and islands in Wind Waker is pretty cool. You can basically go anywhere you want at any time, except very early in the game. The only thing about it is that by the end of the game, I realized that almost everything on all of those islands ends up being necessary to win the game. It would be cool if they had a huge, open world Hyrule field that's filled with stuff like those islands, only not all of it is necessary to win. Like a lot of bite-sized side quest type things that are optional. We definitely need another mailman race!

Old Noob
    The SSB4 link seems to be similar to TP but not SS. and the Hyrule shown in SSB4 E3 trailer is colorful fitting the current trend of games with high saturation but models that are similar to TP link. Eg Hyrule Warriors, ALBW, even SSB4. it is similar to OoT and MM's artstyle. Like the fan-made MMHD trailer. I wish to know the engine used in that fan trailer. (sigh)

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    What if it turned out Tingle was basically IT? A giant, malevolent underground entity that kept plunging Hyrule into chaos because it fed him, or whatever the movie IT was supposed to be about? Ganon is his servant, and the green fairy Tingle was basically Pennywise the clown, his avatar or chosen shape to direct events? (like a mapmaker could!)

It's a theory... a GAME T..nevermind.

I don't think it's true because I remember reading somewhere that they don't plan to use as dark of an artistic style for it, to make it more similar to Skyward Sword.

MM is great. TP is also a good game. Skyward Sword was eh it's ok.
    I don't get you people.

Nintendo NID
    mlviel
    I agree. I don't want a sequel of anything. I didn't like them doing it with Mario (as good as those games may be they lack that sense of innovation and surprise) and I definitely wouldn't like them doing it with Zelda. I was some new ideas. Is that too much to ask for? They used to be all about that. Now they're like, which game should we a make a sequel to?

Nintendo NID
    Julesimanerd
    I agree, Mario's missing was a terrible game
    drew79 likes this.
    Nintendo Network ID: Julesimanerd
    3DS friend code: 2191 - 9014 - 2011
    Xbox Live: imanerd711
    PSN: himynameisjules7
    feel free to add me

"Ya know, Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who can see the truth. Life is just an absurdist comedy, the only appropriate response is to laugh."

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    I'd cry if it was a sequel to it. I felt TP was one of the weaker entries in the zelda franchise
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    If I want a dark and "grown up" LoZ I play Soul Reaver or Darksiders 2.

Still, given the proper attention, a grimmer LoZ COULD be okay.

Nintendo NID
    mchelski
    the good about zelda was always have the same or more or less the same story told in many different ways, rewrite something is not, as many believe, rehashing, actually, it takes great amount of creativity to make something known to feel new and fresh, zelda always did that to me, specially skyward sword that is one of my favourite stories (not gameplay or overall though). So I want another time with its uniqueness and yet being a great zelda game, it is possible as much as it is possible to reinvent batman for the last 60-70 years, you just need to do it right and voila, we have a killer app in our hands.
    FlamingFury likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Although the article seems crazy fake, one thing did stand out to me as an awesome concept:

This cold be incredibly fun, and would certainly mix up the formula without having to change up the gameplay mechanics and overall story. Again, this is probably fake, but I would be very interested in this if it was done right. As long as your aren't grinding and going back and forth constantly, it should be cool. Say there are sections to the dungeons, where the fire temple, for example, would be 4 times larger, but each quarter is basically it's own separate "dungeon" and each can only be accessed by completing a specific task at another dungeon.

71 days left, guys.
    Matther777 likes this.
    Nintendo ID - Rainmaker
    3DS Friend Code - 0946-2543-8206
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040604163
    Feel free to add me on any. (Just let me know)

So I have a Let's Play channel now. That's cool... I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbN...nW2wumA/videos

Well, I think they aren't gonna have it set in Hyrule, since they've said they are creating the largest open world in a Zelda game, so I think it's a new place. But I think it would be awesome if they took a lot of stuff from TP- the horse back riding, for example (it was in OoT, but with sword battles, it was much improved in TP). And I know a lot of people who just want a Zelda game- no central gimmicks, and even with the wolf, TP was probably the most gimmick-less of the newer Zelda games. I mean, I personally like some of the 'gimmicks', but I see where these people are coming from.

But the article did make some interesting points. I guess it could be coincidential, because Nintendo hasn't really done much about anniversaries other than a whole series' creation- they don't really do anniversaries for actual games

But really, as long as it's an adventure, with a good ammount of exploration and epic boss battles, and maybe a bit more romance between Zelda and Link (like in SS), in beautiful HD, I'll be happy
    Last edited by JoesatMoes; 03-31-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    NNID: Joesatmoes (i FINALLY got the Wii U!)
    Games I have: Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Assassins Creed 3,and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

I'm all for it. Wada ta.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    I absolutely loved sailing around in Wind Waker, but if I had one beef with it - it was every piece of land was TINY (lol @ irony typing that in caps). I'd get out of my ballin' talking boat, then cut some bushes, talk to some person, then be on my way. Now, if these islands were larger, and had more than 1 thing to do on them...this game would have been my dream come true. I've really liked the main story islands and dungeons, but the in between stuff left me with opportunities to table the game in favor of other things. In Zelda games, I simply can't dungeon hop one after the other - I have to take time to relax, explore, and recharge my batteries.

Windwaker, while excellent in terms of core gameplay (combat is so much more enjoyable that Wii Twilight Princess), just didn't have enough optional, 'side mission' like content for me (at least from what I've found so far) - it gave open world a good attempt, but fell short for me.

Nintendo NID
    Madmagican
    That's a hell of a rumor.

Personally, I like to keep my mind as clear as possible before an actual release but there are quite a few coinciding points brought out by the article.

I really just want another awesome Zelda title

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4184-6307
    Switch FC: SW-1962-1750-8219
    NNID: Madmagican

Dude sailing sucked. Took too long. Just want a good method. Should have been a teleport method in that game along with the option to sail with kick ass scenery. Serene places and stuff like that. Would have between cool. But the story was worth playing wind waker for.

Using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    mlviel
    There was a teleport method.

If there was, which I would have forgot, there should have been a better one. Or a better method.

Using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    mlviel
    Here's a little refresher.

Hopefully, Tingle is just like the nose of a giant, underground monster, kind of like the seal on top of The Imprisoned's head. He looks like a cute little dude, but he's really just the tip of the most heinous monster ever, that controls Ganon.

Wind Waker HD helps a lot with the swift sail. You can sail a lot faster, and you don't have to keep playing the song to change directions. Plus like Mlvielhaber pointed out, the Ballad of the Gales was an excellent way to teleport. Maybe you just never got that so you didn't know about it.

*Pumps Shotgun* Oh hells naw.
    Sup?
    NNID and Steam ID
    3DS Friend code: 0001-3390-9425

Are we even playing the same game O.O

Well I would love a new zelda set in the TP timeline as long as it means we get to see the normal Midna again.

Wind Waker HD must have made him a little cuter.

Well i am not the person to judge you on your taste

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast