Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RunicLady

Thread: I have the Wii U gamepad: How do I play it on the Wii ?

I have the Wii U gamepad: How do I play it on the Wii ?

Serious question that keeps getting asked. Nintendo does need better marketing, to differentiate it from the original Wii (Wii 1).

I don't even remember seeing any Wii U commercials (maybe for the games, but not the console itself).

Have any of you seen advertisements (on TV!) ?

Ya there was this really crappy dubstep commercial but really didn't show any differences between the console. Really i think it was a wasted effort using that commercial.
    Nintendo Live ID: Elitepwnsface

My white wii U is better than your black one.

I saw somebody posting on craigslist selling gamepads like 9 months ago. I had to report the article and put up another article warning everybody that the wii U Gamepad does NOT do any good without a Wii U console.

Oh man, why didn't I think of a scam like that?

Oh yeah, because I'm honest and hard-working.
    Elite and gonzoxv like this.

That's weird, why would you sell them separate? I saw someone selling a gamepad separate only because their original wii u broke and they bought a new one. Doesn't really do any good to have two of them synced up at the moment. I wonder if they will do that in the future?

Nintendo NID
    gonzoxv
    If I found one seperately for cheap od get it just for backup, we all know how kids can be. Plus it'd be nice to have for the time that they enable multiple gamepads, I think I remember reading that Nintendo said that you technically can use 2 gamepads, but it'd be pointless at the moment as no software even supports it.

Sent from my Precedent using Tapatalk 2

Twitter- @gonzoxv
    3DS FC- 0662-4581-7996
    NNID- gonzoxv

Master of Ostriches Masterostrich's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Masterostrich
    If you look on eBay, you'll see a lot of consoles being sold without gamepads and a lot of gamepads without consoles. The only reason I could think for doing something like that is maybe to get more money out of them being sold separate? But really, who buys just a gamepad or just a console? I really hope there isn't that many uninformed people.

If their console is broken, or their gamepad screen is broken. It's simple really. easier to sell certain things separately if you know there is a demand for it.