• 7 Post By Lethal_NFS
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 2 Post By GameNChick
  • 1 Post By gameboy
  • 1 Post By Julesimanerd
  • 1 Post By DeviousOne

Thread: Majoras mask remake

Majoras mask remake

we all want a majoras mask remake but on what platform 3ds or wii u, or both tell me your thoughts views ideas on how this incredible title can be improved personally i would like a wii u version fully remade with a larger map and more to do and a hero mode with more weapons tell me your thoughts!!!!!!

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    Screw the 3DS. I would want this on the Wii U. I have never even played the original, so I would totally buy an HD remake.

yeah that's what im saying i dont even have a 3ds i played it originally on the n64 i'd love to replay it on the wii u hd with more dungeons and more quests more weapons the lot

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    I'm sure I'd buy it, but Majora's Mask is the game that I'd probably be least excited about. Time limits don't mix with adventure style games.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    That is exactly why I didn't play it when it first came out. I did not like the whole 3 days crap.

I dont agree i thought it was the most unique title to date and the darkest tone was set upon the game it symbolised more than the standard zelda game it was a true masterpiece.

I'd love for it to come to the Wii U, but I doubt it ever does.

I don't want a Majora's Mask remake
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Banned
    Want this in HD?

This.
    NNID: Folofus

The Jew fears the Samurai

cmb
    Nintendo NID
    srmario
    My nightmares will be in HD If a remake is made!!
    Metal Gear Solid 5 for Wii U
    Steam ID: cmbsfm
    NNID: srmario

If Nintendo does a Majora's Mask remake it will be the first Zelda game that I pass on. It was an overextended side quest, and not an entertaining one, at that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Loves Metroid fan tears I AM ERROR's Avatar
    I'd love it if Nintendo would remake the game, has this is my favorite Zelda game so far, I mean, you get to be a Goron, and a Zora (how cool is that )!? A Hero/Mirror mode would be amazing has well.

If they make one it will be on the 3DS, has they have the engine for it from OoT3D, so it would be MUCH cheaper to make on the 3DS then the Wii U, where if they made it for Wii U, they will have to make a whole new engine, taking more time away from developement, where if they make it for 3DS, they can mostly just put the game on Grezzo (the Devs for OoT3D) where it would take MUCH less effort, money, and on the 3DS it will likely have better returns (going off the sales of OoT3D).

And for those complaining about the time limit, Just play the stinking Song of Time BACKWARDS, POOF!!! problem solved.

I reside in a little cave by a quiet lake and a happy tree.
    Nintendo NID
    Zorpix
    I'm actually not all that for a MM rmake... I dunno, just wasnt my fave Zelda. Didnt like being pressured and how little hand holding there was. Some is good, a lot is bad, but NONE is bad too XD
    ★I AM ZORPIX, RHINO SCALPER★
    I write for Wii U Daily now!
    Czech out my articles here!
    I have a weekly segment called "The Zorpix Den" where I was (somehow) given permission to ramble on about whatever's on my mind. Related to Nintendo, of course!

Made OVER 400 dollars in amazon, steam, and wii U eshop cards from prizerebel. Try it!
    http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=Zorpix

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    wand of gamelon remake plz
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jaguar
    Don't really like the game, but I think it's better suited for a direct sequel on the Wii U instead of a remake
    Julesimanerd likes this.
    NNID: jaguar

Nintendo NID
    BOBIROC
    I think the Wii U needs the help more than the 3DS and I think many would settle for this game and other N64 titles released at VC titles
    I brought the Awesome. What did you bring?

Switch Friend Code
    - 2893-9606-9975
    NintendoID (Wii U) - bobiroc
    XBLive GamerTag - bobiroc
    SteamID - bobiroc
    3DS Friend Code - 1134-7717-4295
    Super Mario Run Player ID - 7352-6985-2096
    Anyone sensing a pattern here?

Nintendo NID
    Julesimanerd
    To be honest, Majora's Mask is my favorite Story in Zelda series, but gameplay wise, it's a little wonkey and confusing. It's hard to get into. for a remake I'd want a 3DS.
    capnjazz likes this.
    Nintendo Network ID: Julesimanerd
    3DS friend code: 2191 - 9014 - 2011
    Xbox Live: imanerd711
    PSN: himynameisjules7
    feel free to add me

"Ya know, Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who can see the truth. Life is just an absurdist comedy, the only appropriate response is to laugh."

Nintendo NID
    Julesimanerd
    this, continue this timeline, have a game that takes place after Twilight Princess. I don't like that the timeline ends with Four Swords Adventures, that didn't feel like a true zelda game to me
    Nintendo Network ID: Julesimanerd
    3DS friend code: 2191 - 9014 - 2011
    Xbox Live: imanerd711
    PSN: himynameisjules7
    feel free to add me

"Ya know, Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who can see the truth. Life is just an absurdist comedy, the only appropriate response is to laugh."

I wouldn't buy it, one remake is more than enough as far as I'm concerned.

FUK ya i do. This is a game for the non sissy Nintendo fans. I felt the dark side of this game really showed that not all games from N has to be catered to a lighter side.
    Nintendo Live ID: Elitepwnsface

My white wii U is better than your black one.

I personally think the ost will make this game sell more because its so bad ace.

Sat down and used this with my studying today. So worth it.
    Nintendo Live ID: Elitepwnsface

My white wii U is better than your black one.

Majoras mask was a different zelda title. Thst being said a remake would be cool. It would seem a better fit for the wiiu, although I would have said the same for ocarina of time so I guess it doesn't really matter

Nintendo NID
    DeviousOne
    This will be on 3ds if it does happen
    I AM ERROR likes this.
    (((Post King)))

Nintendo ID: DeviousOne

DeviousOne's Reviews:
    Wii U: Nintendo Land New Super Mario U

not being funny but to be honest i don't understand how people didn't enjoy this game it was a parallel universe to hyrule and it had so much personality and charm i think it was one of the more interesting nintendo efforts and defo one of the most entertaining and dark to play it proves they can change an IP everyone cherishes just like that and it also proved there was more to the series than light hearted stroylines.

Nintendo NID
    link_16_hit
    Maybe because of the timer? maybe too it's VERY hard?

Majora's Mask is great! but it is ''very dark''.
    3DS FC:1676-3708-5129 Sadly waiting for 7th Dragon III code: VFD and Maybe MHX
    games I'm playing : Lufia I, Etrian Odyssey 4, MH4U, Kamidori Alchemy Meister
    games I'll play after I finished some : Lufia II, continue 7th Dragon and 2020,

Nintendo NID
    mchelski
    I don't like remakes because I think we should move on and create new things, even loving majora's mask, I think this is like an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend, you cherish the past but you do not bring the past to the present.

I would rather have new games rather than remakes, especially of games that actually hold up well.

Rather not seeing as it is my least favourite entry in the zelda series.

It would be pretty cool to have Majora's Mask on both consoles. It shouldn't be too time consuming to make an HD for Wii U and 3DS, am I right? It was a relatively short game (well to me it was). If it took only a couple of months to send Windwaker HD to Wii U, they should really invest some time into bringing Majora's Mask to current consoles as well. I think Majora's Mask's dark style would look absolutely gorgeous in 1080p on the Wii U.

Wii u!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've never played Majoras Mask, but I'm sure I should. I've played Ocarina of Time, though! However, I think there have been enough remakes lately to last a while. Ever since they remade Ocarina of Time for 3DS, people have just wanted remakes! There are a lot of Zelda games, and if Nintendo just keeps remaking them, then nothing new will come out. I like new Zelda games, and am perfectly fine with the originals of old ones the way they are.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    I would prefer if they focuses time and resources on new games, especially new ips, rather then remakes.

If it was made....i probably would still buy it though.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Ultimate Guide to Wii U Forums
    Forum Leaders/Staff
    See anything wrong? Report it! Click the /!\ triangle in the bottom left of each post!

Yes! And in the future maybe a remake of Twilight Princess

I feel like only big Zelda fans really want a Majora's Mask remake made, but they are the most vocal so I don't doubt it being made. I wouldn't expect high sales ESPECIALLY if released on Wii U.

That being said, I'd LOVE the game on Wii U way more than 3DS, but they already have the engine and a lot of the models on the 3DS so I can't see it on Wii U. I thought the game was a masterpiece when considering the time restraints they had and how creative they got with making a new game in under a year and making it so long with only 4 dungeons. The side quests made the game and I did not feel like they ruined the game for me.

As for the 3-days thing, one of my favorite things to do, going back into Majora's Mask, is trying to get a flow going through the game. I try planning out my 3 days so that I have enough to do to keep me occupied but not too much so that I run out of time mid-dungeon. I find it fun to think of different time management strategies :P

Wii u or 3ds would be awesome. Nintendo should defintely bundle game. especially on wii u to help boost sales of the console

Agreed. 3DS would be awesome, but I would like to see it completely remade for the WiiU. Nintendo does sequels and remakes, but I want something in between--a remake with the same story, but completely redesigned.

I'd go for this one too.

I can see this point. the only reason I'm playing wind waker is because I never finished it before. If they do a remake, I want to see something unique about it. It should be new and interesting, even with the same story.

Creepiest Zelda game hands down

I really wish they would have done this instead of a Wind Waker remake... Don't get me wrong Wind Waker is great but if they would have re-released this in a bundle, I would pre-order a Wii U right now!

I can see peoples reasoning for both, but I think I would appreciate a remake much more if it was in HD and on the Wii U. I just think the tone of the game would fit so much better with a little bit of an alternate re-skinning with more of a Twilight Princess feel, which the Wii U is more capable of.

Rye
    I would want it on both similar to the new Smash Bros. Nintendo should really think about remaking it in HD, that fan who made that one Majora video absolutely looked gorgeous and Nintendo should really think about remaking it, or just take element from Majora Mask or just make a sequel to it.

Perhaps this is just a wee bit outlandish, but what if the game were to be on both the 3DS and Wii U? Given all the people begging for this remake, deciding on one must be tough. I've never played Majora's Mask but would would love to experience a remake on either platform, to be honest. My first experience with Ocarina of Time was shortly followed by its 3D counterpart and I loved all the improvements.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-5253-9337
    Nintendo Network ID: Laihoard
    PSN ID: Laihoard
    SteamID: Laihoard

"Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone."

Nintendo has stated that we will get our answer in A Link between Worlds. This will either result with one of the biggest reveals in gaming history - or perhaps the largest instance of trolling in gaming history.

This is inevitable.

If the do remake it itll probably be for the 3ds instead of wii u because making this in HD will be Zelda blasphemy as they have opted to make OoT on the 3ds instead od Wiiu .. but either way im sure itll be great ..

I'd love a remake! I never actually completed the game because I was a bit too young to handle a game like that when it first came out (my dad beat it though) and I'd love to play it again, and be able to beat it myself... Also, I love all the theories surrounding this game, and I'd like to play this game with all of that in mind!

Hopefully that N64 Remake rumor is true so we can re enjoy more classics in HD, your missing out it was pretty fun

Majora's Mask is my second favorite Zelda title but I really don't want a remake. I don't want Nintendo to go on this Hd remake tangent and forget to spend time on making new titles.