Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Phases
  • 1 Post By Madara
  • 1 Post By Madara
  • 3 Post By Billy Mitchell

Thread: New Section: Private Chat with Staff, More staff inbound, legend added.

Nintendo NID
    test

New Section: Private Chat with Staff, More staff inbound, legend added.

You should now see a new section as a subforum to "Suggestion Box and Feedback" called "Private Chat with Staff".

This section was designed so that members would have a place to post a conversation with the staff of WiiuForums privately. No other regular user will be able to see your threads, and you will only be able to see your own.

Administrators and Moderators can see and reply to the threads. When we reactivate the "Guides" usergroup, they will be able to as well.

This forum will be useful for those that want to get something privately clarified, ask questions, or heck, just say hi It is not a place for support, problems with your WiiU, games, etc. Those types of threads will be moved to an appropriate forum.

Also wanted to mention - we are in the process of bringing on more staff. It does take a little time, we don't just mod people all willy nilly (love that term lol), but just know they are coming.

When this happens, the Private Chat with Staff section will be better monitored too. Don't be too discouraged if it takes a minute to get an answer/reply in the meantime.

And, while I'm here - went on and put a legend in the list of logged in users on the main page.

Cheers!

The legend looks awesome Phases! Your other statements are great news too. I'll be a little busier next week and can't wait to see how things have changed when my workload lightens again.

Nintendo NID
    Immallama22
    Coooool :P That'll be pretty useful.

And While I have the chance to ask... what are the plus signs next to some peoples names in the Online Users section?

Nintendo NID
    test
    Means they are on your friends list.

sounds good

Nintendo NID
    DeviousOne
    is this what PM is for? LOL just saying
    (((Post King)))

Nintendo ID: DeviousOne

DeviousOne's Reviews:
    Wii U: Nintendo Land New Super Mario U

Nice! Now that's what I call a priority suggestion box. lol. But really, it will be useful.

Nintendo NID
    test
    Yes, but now you can generalize it to all staff so whoever is available first to answer can, or a group discussion can better be had.
    DeviousOne likes this.

No, this will enable users to get quicker responses and become acquainted with us easier.

Nintendo NID
    DeviousOne
    So this is in place to get an answer faster instead of just PM'ing one MOD got it chief

Ill give it a try when needed lol
    (((Post King)))

DeviousOne's Reviews:

I guess this is good but i dont think ill ever use it
    Octopus cow

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    sweet good job guys!
    nice idea!
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Ultimate Guide to Wii U Forums
    Forum Leaders/Staff
    See anything wrong? Report it! Click the /!\ triangle in the bottom left of each post!

im denied new sections?

Nintendo NID
    Derpy_Dude
    Awesome! So now I can send a PM too all the Admins for help on something instead of one and wait for that one person too answer?
    I love Jesus, don't h8 meh bruhz! Skype: Isaid...XD yeah Ik, it literally is lol. Twitter: @Derpy_Dude7
    NNID: Derpy_Dude
    PSN: WiiU_Derpy_Dude

Nintendo NID
    Detonator

it isn't a private message. it is a thread where any mod can come in and read it.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff
    See anything wrong? Report it! Click the /!\ triangle in the bottom left of each post!

Nintendo NID
    test
    You should be able to use it..

no, when i go onto new section it says

Princedavid, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

But it is the same idea. It's like sending your request to the council of the elders.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator

that is a better description yes lol.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    Has anyone gotten a reply from using this? Can the staff see my thread I made earlier today?

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    If you posted it in the mentioned section yes.
    I got a reply from phases when i posted mine an hour after he made this thread.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    Hmmm, wonder if only Phases can see it then? I have no replies or views.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    all admins, and moderators can view these threads.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    I know they are supposed to be able to. But nobody has even looked at the thread I made hours ago. So I am wondering if they can see it.

No, all staff can see them; however, as Phases indicated, we're in need of a staff expansion.
    I've practically been the only moderator online today. If you look at the updated Forum Leaders page, there's only 3 moderators now. 3 months ago, Phases brought over Android Forum mods and promoted Fortissimo and me to introduce 6. Obviously things have changed recently, and Phases is listening to the community and quickly trying to address the situation. Please have patience. Things should look quite different by the end of this month. By next weekend however, we should have the staff expansions, and members hopefully won't have to wait long for responses during the day and night.

Nintendo NID
    Derpy_Dude
    Now how do you pick or find mods?
    I love Jesus, don't h8 meh bruhz! Skype: Isaid...XD yeah Ik, it literally is lol. Twitter: @Derpy_Dude7
    NNID: Derpy_Dude
    PSN: WiiU_Derpy_Dude

I don't. Administrators handle promotions. Moderator selection varies. If you'd really like to know, you might want to ask Phases. However, keep in mind that it isn't a position that is verbally requested, rather Phases asks standout members who fit the moderator mold whether or not they'd be interested. I don't want to go into details because this is not my area. Promotions are a tricky subject, and they can upset certain members who feel their behavior, etc. warrants a promotion. I'm treading carefully here by not revealing anything.
    The Detonator likes this.

Nintendo NID
    test
    Hey I meant to add:

Note: This new section does NOT index new posts in the "Top 10 Stats" box at the top of the home page. This is by design.

p.s. Thread views update hourly.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    What do you mean update hourly?
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal

I hope you included Phases in the list of 3 moderators. I only just now noticed NightAngel was a moderator because I happened to view the forum leaders. So in other words, there are 2 moderators.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    There are three moderators and one administor that are active here.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

I did not. He is an administrator.
    There are regular members. They contribute the most to this site via posting. They also report posts. That should be it. There's no need to attempt arbitration or get engaged in rules violations.
    The next level contains Guides. They report posts and keep things organized, i.e. merging, moving, splitting threads. Guides don't have authority. They only ease the moderators's jobs, but we don't have any Guides.
    The next level is the moderators. Moderators moderate the forum. We have the rights to do what regular members and Guides do, but we also have the authority to close, unapprove, and delete threads, give infractions, and suspend or ban users, etc. Moderators are an authoritative body of people. We are the police.
    The most important position is administrator. They modify and moderate the forums. Notice the addition of the word modify. All technical aspects should be referred to administrators. They also have the last say on major moderation decisions that moderators struggle to decide. When we all do our jobs correctly, members can focus on posting and having a good time, Guides can focus on reporting and keeping threads where they belong, Moderators can focus on keeping things civil, and administrators can focus on keeping the site updated.

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    Wait a second! I understand why steven,fortissamo and presidente aren't mods anymore by why not rob not on the forum leaders?

edit. i see it at the bottom never mind. before wasn't he under admin by phases?
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Forum Leaders/Staff

The administrators are divided into 3 categories. Phases has a universal role, he is second in command here but can make most major decisions himself. rob is the site owner and trusts Phases to manage the site. The third category is site developer. I don't know what Morgan does, but since she's still listed, I assume she helps modify the forum. Site Developers are administrators that only modify the forum as instructed; they're lower-tiered administrators.
    The Detonator likes this.

Nintendo NID
    DeviousOne

New Section: Private Chat with Staff, More staff inbound, legend added.

Yay for moderation!!!!!

It all sounds good! Good work by the staff.

However I think one of the post did show up on the new post in the top 10 section earlier for me however obviously I couldn't access it
    (((Post King)))

DeviousOne's Reviews:

Thank You. Phases' post confuses me too. I interpret it as saying that posts on the new board should not appear in the Top 10 Stats, but several members have seen the Free Cookies thread's title there.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    I was being sarcastic again. I never see NightAngel and had no idea he was a moderator on the forum is all.

He's been busier lately, and pastafarian will have limited activity here while he's on vacation.
    I didn't want to cause a panic, but there, I said it. pastafarian will be on vacation this coming week.
    No need to panic since Phases should be introducing tremendous support to replace those we have lost.

I predict Phases delays introducing the new moderators and other forums spread the word on how weak we are and that we're not a next-gen message board.

It's MODERADOOOOOM people!!!
    Madara, Switch and DeviousOne like this.