Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By the ancient gamer
  • 1 Post By scotto46
  • 1 Post By Bob Singh

Thread: Supposed PlayStation 4 Marketing leaks online, revealing possible slogan.

Supposed PlayStation 4 Marketing leaks online, revealing possible slogan.

A leak has revealed the supposed marketing slogan for PlayStation 4.

Full Article below.

The PlayStation 4 may be marketed with the slogan "Greatness Awaits", according to a leaked commercial script.
    reports that was obtained from a company working on the campaign, and denotes that a planned commercial will start off showing an empty road in a small town. It'll follow a lone man walking down the road towards the camera, slowly being joined by others as the following words are said:

“Who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god.

“Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead...

“Who are you to be anonymous? You, whose name should be spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers.

“Who are you to be afraid? You, who can serve as judge and jury while hoarding infinite lives.

“Who are you to be a slave to the past? You who can travel time like the oceans and rewrite history with a single word.

“Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you deny it to the entire world.”

Following this the “Greatness awaits. PlayStation.” slogan will supposedly appear.

Is it real? We've reached out to Sony for comment, but it seems unlikely the company will confirm or deny anything. Interestingly, towards the end of the trailer a flag bearing the Destiny symbol is meant to be unfurled from a window; perhaps the commercial is linked into the game more than the console?

Regardless, Siliconera is saying the source for the script is the same source that leaked the PSP "Step Your Game Up" campaign that later turned out to be true. What do you reckon?

Source:

Wow. If this is true, they'd be better off going the Nintendo route--and not advertising at all.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Lol, I'd love to see this commercial.

Insert customized Tapatalk signature

just what every parent wants ... their kids murdering the pets and then raisin em from the dead...
    great...
    Last edited by scotto46; 05-10-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    princess likes this.
    Rabbid gamer since the pong days, drummer for Sonic Chaos, computer geek, Nintendo fan...

Nintendo Id "whee_U"
    3ds code
    3067-6428-5258
    Official sponsor of PWii4U this gen...
    Disclaimer : All posts made by scotto46 are for entertainment purposes only.
    hear me at
    https://www.reverbnation/sonicchaos

I think it's interesting that Sony and Nintendo both have somewhat of an image problem when it comes to certain audiences, Nintendo has image problems with more "Core" gamers from other parts of the industry due to the casual focus of Wii, but the PlayStation brand doesn't have a very good public image when it comes to more casual stuff from what I've seen, and there marketing usually reflects it I think.

Especially with PS3, PSP and PSVita I noticed it, Obviously PSone and PS2 were very popular but I really think Sony's PS3 launch price really hurt there public image and they are having trouble recovering it with casual audiences. Not that PS3 and PSP sold badly but obviously not up to previous PlayStation standards in the 90's and early 2000's

I do think that both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 could possibly pass Wii in sales if they continue to market the platforms at a low price for several years to come like Sony did with PSone and PS2 . I don't see Wii selling much more than maybe 1-5 million units before it's discontinued and Sony has always been pretty good at marketing their previous console along with their new one. I'm not sure if Microsoft will continue with Xbox 360.
    Last edited by sJagstang; 05-10-2013 at 10:01 AM.

i just had this flashback of my mom reading something like that on a toys r us ad or something when I was a kid.
    no chance I would get it, lol.
    Rabbid gamer since the pong days, drummer for Sonic Chaos, computer geek, Nintendo fan...

Nintendo Id "whee_U"
    3ds code
    3067-6428-5258
    Official sponsor of PWii4U this gen...
    Disclaimer : All posts made by scotto46 are for entertainment purposes only.
    hear me at
    https://www.reverbnation/sonicchaos

I know one person on this forum that would love to see this marketing being real.

Nintendo NID
    DeviousOne
    That sounds like sony ish type of advertising I love sonys brass lmao
    (((Post King)))

Nintendo ID: DeviousOne

DeviousOne's Reviews:
    Wii U: Nintendo Land New Super Mario U

the ancient gamer likes this.