Dragonrider of Nintendo Draco Breach's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach

Review: Ni No Kuni ... and why it would be better on Wii U

I received my copy of Ni No Kuni Monday January 28, 2013 from Club Namco and pretty much secluded myself for two nights and a day to play it. Specifically, I purchased the Wizard's Edition, and I'm pretty well pleased as punch at the purchase.

Now, this review is rather unique. Why? First of all, it is [currently] available as a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Second, though I am not reviewing a Nintendo console title, I am explaining how the Wii U would bring much needed enhancements to the game. Third, I give the score before fully stating my opinion. Finally, it may very well be in the wrong section, and I leave it to a mod to determine if it needs to be moved.

I will emphasize this.

I am not trolling. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an excellent game. It easily deserves an 83/100 for story, art, and sheer epicness. It is a stellar game that I sincerely hope nobody misses out on because of a snobbish adherence to fanboyism for any console.

That said, I am and always will be a Nintendo fanboy. I do not make any statements in my review that should be misconstrued as a hatred for any one company. I only offer constructive criticism [that I know Bandai Namco will never read or at least ignore]. While the game is stellar, I feel it falls short in a few graphical and gameplay areas. I feel the game could earn a few additional points (5~8) simply taking advantage of everything the Wii U has to offer.

For reference, I will post some of my favorite role-playing games of last generation, including Ni No Kuni. I will post home console titles only. If anybody is curious about how I rank a specific game, do not hesitate to ask.

Xenoblade Chronicles: 93/100
    The Last Story: 91/100
    Dragon's Dogma: 84/100
    Ni No Kuni: 83/100
    Fallout 3/New Vegas: 81/100
    Borderlands: 80/100
    Mass Effect Trilogy: 79/100
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope: 79/100
    Lost Odyssey: 78/100
    Kingdoms of Amalur: 74/100

I make no claims that the following review and analysis are in any way, shape, or form spoiler free.

Don't have the time to read the whole review right now, but dang do I want this game... Just for the simple fact that it was made by Level-5. I've never played a game of theirs that has steered me wrong. (Though White Knight Chronicles was a bit weaker than Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud.)
    Nintendo ID - Rainmaker
    3DS Friend Code - 0946-2543-8206
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040604163
    Feel free to add me on any. (Just let me know)

So I have a Let's Play channel now. That's cool... I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbN...nW2wumA/videos

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Still, White Knight Chronicles 2 was good. I learned from my mistakes in the first game, and I rather enjoyed how Level-5 rebalanced and tweaked the game. Also, Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud are rather awesome.

Also, you should read at some point It took me a while to write.

Still haven't gotten around to playing the second, I'll try it out at some point.

Also, don't you worry. I'm gonna read it, it's just late right now and I'm tired. I'll definitely check it out tomorrow since I'm really interested in the game.
    Nintendo ID - Rainmaker
    3DS Friend Code - 0946-2543-8206
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040604163
    Feel free to add me on any. (Just let me know)

So I have a Let's Play channel now. That's cool... I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbN...nW2wumA/videos

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    I admit; it is rather long. I meander a little, and I cannot say for absolute sure that it is spoiler free. Still, I do not state anything that isn't discovered after meeting the third party member.

If you have a PS3 or are thinking of picking one up, this is a must have game.

EDIT:

Also, White Knight Chronicles 2 includes the first game. In case you did not know, I thought it would be helpful.

Nice review. I'll definitely be picking this up when I get paid next week.

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    If Club Namco has any is stock, you should really look into the Wizard's Edition

I'll understand if the $99 US price tag drives you away, but I really think it's worth it.