Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 1 Post By Death
  • 1 Post By Death

Thread: The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305

The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles

The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles

After 8 March 2019
    PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Beyond 8 March 2019, Monthly Games will only include PlayStation®4 (PS4™) titles. All other features and benefits of the PlayStation Plus service will remain unaffected.

What this means for you

As a PlayStation Plus member, you will continue to receive Monthly Games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for every month of your membership until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, PS3 and PS Vita titles will no longer be included in your Monthly Games allocation.

Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.
    Further actions
    If you do not wish for your PlayStation Plus membership to continue after this change has taken place, cancel your subscription or turn off auto renewal so that your membership period ends by 8 March 2019. When you cancel your membership, your subscription will end at the conclusion of your current billing cycle and you will not be charged additionally. You can use these direct links to check when your next subscription payment is due and manage your account. You’ll need your Sony Entertainment Network sign-in ID and password to log in to your account:

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Hopefully this will mean that the PS4 offerings will be a lot better moving forward, like this month's.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    they have been getting better. so long as they do not go backwards I am happy.

rime last month was a game i really wanted but could not afford, and now I have it so I am happy.

Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    This is a non-issue for me, but sucks for those affected by it. If it means we get more PS4 games, I'm all for it then. (I'll also take better ones as an alternative, Rise of the Tomb Raider pleaseee.)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Wii U NNID: Satsedude

I still use both my PS3 and Vita, but I'm not surprised that this is happening. The PS3 and Vita offerings have seemed like an afterthought to me for months now and when there have been some recently higher-profile titles on one of the platforms (like Grand Kingdom or Psycho-Pass in the last two months) they've also been made available for PS4.

I've liked every month so far this year, but the cynic in me wonders if Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank this month are included to overshadow discussions about this upcoming change to the service. It's not as if Sony has much of an incentive to include more value in its service when it's so far in front of Microsoft and Nintendo's not getting all the same software that Sony is.

It doesn't, at least not at the moment anyway. A Sony representative told that the line-up will only consist of 2 PS4 games each month from March 2019.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    If i remember correctly the PS3 game used to be one. so I am happy with what we now get. when it first started on the PS4 there was nothing and nothing to offer.

Sort of. It didn't have a rigid structure in the early days and the line-up usually consisted of 1 or 2 native PS3 games coupled with 3-4 PS1 Classics that were playable on PS3 and PSP (and later Vita). There were other months that were like 5-8 native PS3 games too. The line-ups were different between North America and PAL regions too.

It did actually start with games on the PS4. Contrast and Resogun were both made available on launch. That's when the line-up started getting more rigid too with usually 1 PS4, 2 PS3 and 2 Vita games each month before later expanding to the current 2-2-2 split. It's only really been changed up recently when Sony offered additional games for PlayLink and PSVR.

I'm mostly just waiting to see what'll happen going forward. I would like to see the PS4 titles remain strong from now on.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    going backwards would be bad with Game Pass now a real working thing. I want good games, because I have stopped buying all my games.

I don't think Game Pass is much of a threat due to the discrepancy in install bases between PS4 and Xbox One. Sony reported 76.5 million shipped as of December 31, 2017 whereas Microsoft's last official figure was 10 million in November 2014. Estimates from EA in January 2016 put the Xbox One at half of the PS4's sales and VGChartz' estimates as of February 3rd put it at 36 million (still roughly half of the PS4's sales). Sony doesn't need to add value to its platform and services when it's already dominating its competition, unfortunately.

I too want good games. I think I'd prefer if the PS4 line-up was expanded to 4 games each month once the PS3 and Vita games are dropped. It's still a reduction in quantity, but with the PS4 library being very large now it should be possible to offer 2 bigger budget games alongside 2 smaller games each month.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Well said.

Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    What does it matter if they keep the legacy games available? It gives more choice to the end user and it's a lot of redundant games for them.