Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hbeb9786 PSN ID: hbeb9786

Driver’ And ‘Driver 2’ Voted As The Best PlayStation 1 Games

Driver’ And ‘Driver 2’ Voted As The Best PlayStation 1 Games

Driver 1 Trailer

Driver 2 trailer

There's no denying that playing video games these days is an unreal experience. Depending on what game you chuck in, most take users on an emotional and physical journey and the graphics couldn't be more realistic.

But that's not to say that old school consoles weren't bad - in fact, they were anything but terrible.

via GIPHY

There were thousands of games produced for the legendary PlayStation 1 (5,103 to be specific), which debuted in Japan more than two decades ago.

While everyone will have their favourite, there is one that has been crowned as the best.

Drum roll please.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Best Ever PlayStation 1 Game, according to Ranker, is Driver and it's sequel Driver 2.

Looking at the trailer for the original game it's hard not to be impressed by the quality of the game, considering when it was produced. Younger gamers would laugh at the pixelated cars and characters, but for people who grew up with this technology, it was bloody amazing.

Driver was produced by GT Interactive Software and was first released in June 25, 1999 in Europe before making its way to America five days later.

You get to play as a getaway driver in Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.

It was an open world environment in the same way Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption is, but Driver was one of the first to creating this style of game playing. It was supposed to mimic to epic chase scenes from movies made in the 1960s and 70s and gave you the chance to re-watch your mission in 'Film Director' mode.

In reviewing the game, IGN's Douglass C. Perry wrote: "In the history of driving games for PlayStation, there is nothing that comes close to the comprehensive, deep, and thoroughly pleasurable experience that's embedded deep in the heart of Driver.

Credit: GT Interactive Software/PlayStation
    Credit: GT Interactive Software/PlayStation

The game was redesigned for smartphones in the late 2000s

"It fulfils driving enthusiasts' deepest desires to drive as fast as possible through major US cities and to slam into just about anything without any repercussions. In that sense, Driver is a dream come true."

If you're wondering what other games made the list, wonder no more.

Digimon World 2003 scored the silver medal, followed by Dreams, then Pop'n Music 2, Pop'n Music: Animation Melody, 1xtreme, 2Xtreme, 3, 2, 1... Smurf! My First Racing Game, 3D Baseball and 3D Bouncing Ball Puzzle.

While some people might not agree with that top 10, it's hard to argue against Driver and its sequel being pretty bloody amazing.

‘Driver’ And ‘Driver 2’ Voted As The Best PlayStation 1 Games - LADbible

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

I love this game. It was always great to cont the number of hub caps that could roll of your car as you speed away from the coppa's.

Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    I have misty-eyed nostalgia for the original Driver. I used to love just driving around without really doing anything!

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I didn't understand what to do in Driver.
    I felt like I was on the same mission all the time.

I was like under 6 when I played it and I didn't understand English, though.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    I have misty-eyed nostalgia for the original Driver. I used to love just driving around without really doing anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I didn't understand what to do in Driver.
    I felt like I was on the same mission all the time.

I was like under 6 when I played it and I didn't understand English, though.
    I loved the challenge free roam mode. the one where the cops chased you. Me and my brother would pump up the difficulty up to the highest and just see if we could last a minute. It was never about winning, just about surviving.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    They aren't the best games, obviously, just look at my avatar. They are, however, amazing games and I really miss them. I wish they would come to PS4 in some capacity.
    hbeb9786 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    how did these win best games....
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    how did these win best games....
    It may come down to a few things, but these games had great music, great stories, graphics that were ahead of their time (even if not really impressive). I guess it just hits all the check boxes for the time period they existed in.