Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Death

Thread: New Rumor PS4 Dev Kit Specs Again

New Rumor PS4 Dev Kit Specs Again

The dev kits are apparently based on the AMD’s A10 APU series and come with either 8GB or 16GB of RAM, as well as the Blu-ray drivealready mentioned and a 256GB hard drive as standard. This is to ensure that the console will be able to run 1080p60 games in 3D.

State your thoughts if these rumors are true the only thing more powerful wii u would be the ram which will be know were near that amount in the final PS4 unless they are going for a long life cycle.

But Using an APU would cut the cost but the GPU on the APU Would not be as powerful as a dedicated GPU, So if Nintendo Wii U GPU and CPU can match that that we shouldnt be left out in the third party games.

I think there will still be a dedicated GPU. Having an APU just supports this idea that the PS4 will have "dual video cards" as the integrated GPU of the APU will assist the dedicated GPU. This also means that the GPU doesn't have to be a super beast of a GPU in order to push performance.

I say it will be better, just not leaps and bounds as people will think. It sound like Sony is also taking the economical approach to performance - best performance possible at a reasonable cost. I still say 20% - 30% more powerful than Wii U.

Banned
    16GB of ram? In a console? Yeah... right. These specs are fake as hell.

If it's true, then Sony hasn't learned anything. It'll be overpriced and it wont sell.

As for the high amounts of RAM, I seriously doubt these figures will be in consumer models. A majority of the time, development kits have significantly more RAM than the final, consumer release.

I'd be estimating around 3-4GB total RAM (2GB GDDR5 & 1-2GB XDR or DDR3 RAM).
    ceramicsaturn likes this.

Well if this is true, it is just a dev kit which usually has more RAM than the release. I could see 4GB being economical when this thing finally releases.