Anyone else have this problem?

So recently I was downloading and installing Doom and the when it got to around the 40GB or so mark I get this disk write error. I ran disk check and it didn't seem to find any bad sectors. I followed the advice of repairing the steam folder and it seemed to fix it although now the download has to start over. With long downloads I sometimes leave my PC on overnight to help speed things up a bit not sure if that had anything to do with it

Nintendo NID
    link_16_hit
    Other Gamer IDs

Steam ID: link16hit
    disk write error? did you try an another program? (like hdat2) this program need to boot from a USB/CD/DVD. because when you are on a OS there is space already in use (pagefile and other stuff)

if I remember I had it one time...
    3DS FC:1676-3708-5129 Sadly waiting for 7th Dragon III code: VFD and Maybe MHX
    games I'm playing : Lufia I, Etrian Odyssey 4, MH4U, Kamidori Alchemy Meister
    games I'll play after I finished some : Lufia II, continue 7th Dragon and 2020,

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Yeah, I've had that happen, but I'm trying to remember what I did to fix it. I think I probably deleted the folder Steam was saving the game to, and started over. I can't remember for sure. I can tell you it wasn't really a hard drive problem, though.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity