Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Glacier
  • 1 Post By Glacier
  • 4 Post By ohmyrob
  • 3 Post By Switch
  • 3 Post By ohmyrob
  • 1 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By Glacier

Thread: Good value prebuilt?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21

    Good value prebuilt?

    Rx 480 build comes with windows and a keyboard and mouse for $720. Damn that's nice. I really want it but I'd need a better job

    I call this the scorpio slapper. I'm sorry I didn't mean to compare things, uh, it's called the budget dream. Yeah let's go with that



    Here's the Amazon link too


    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e053e6868b064f



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    This PC can do Forza horizon 3 at 1080p 60 fps at good settings too.
    Last edited by Glacier; 04-10-2017 at 01:58 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator Switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    15,971
    Mate, I love FH3, but racing games are the worst PC benchmarks since their requirements are so low.

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    NNID: Max_Lazy_10

    3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

    Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 3637849704

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Mate, I love FH3, but racing games are the worst PC benchmarks since their requirements are so low.

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Fh3 requirements are higher than most racing games. Open world helps a lot with those.

  5. #5
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    I don't have time to watch that long of a video. What are the other specs? With a 480, it would do a great job, but it wouldn't really be a Scorpio slapper. Pretty close, though.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I don't have time to watch that long of a video. What are the other specs? With a 480, it would do a great job, but it wouldn't really be a Scorpio slapper. Pretty close, though.
    Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e053e6868b064f

    Scorpio slapper as in a lot more games, and a heck of a lot more freedom rip 2d system emulators on Xbox, didn't last long.
    WoodenSaucer and Mr_Nick666 like this.

  7. #7
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    The link didn't work.

    And a 480 is still a very respectable GPU.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    The link didn't work.

    And a 480 is still a very respectable GPU.
    Specs from Amazon page

    System: Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core | Intel B250 Chipset | 8GB DDR4 | 1TB HDD | 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Drive | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card


    Saw a 480 run the Witcher 3 run at 1080p 60 fps on the higher settings. I think this PC would be comparable to a Scorpio in terms of 1080p gaming performance. It's more expensive but you aren't restricted by console restrictions and the more limited Xbox library


    Hopefully this build stays up for a long time in case I can get the money for it. When a prebuilt is that good of a value I don't need to build but I would check the insides to see the structure so I can know my way around for upgrades or fixing.

  9. #9
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Specs from Amazon page

    System: Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core | Intel B250 Chipset | 8GB DDR4 | 1TB HDD | 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Drive | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card


    Saw a 480 run the Witcher 3 run at 1080p 60 fps on the higher settings. I think this PC would be comparable to a Scorpio in terms of 1080p gaming performance. It's more expensive but you aren't restricted by console restrictions and the more limited Xbox library


    Hopefully this build stays up for a long time in case I can get the money for it. When a prebuilt is that good of a value I don't need to build but I would check the insides to see the structure so I can know my way around for upgrades or fixing.
    It would be a beast at 1080p, and probably get you some 1440p with a few settings turned down if you wanted. It would do as well as Scorpio for 1080p, but not for 4K. That would be a great PC if you could get it.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    It would be a beast at 1080p, and probably get you some 1440p with a few settings turned down if you wanted. It would do as well as Scorpio for 1080p, but not for 4K. That would be a great PC if you could get it.
    I would just be using a 1080p TV anyhow so it will be pretty future proof for me. It seems game graphics are evolving in resolution rather than graphical fidelity so 1080p people will be set it looks like.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  11. #11
    troublémaker ohmyrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    4,641
    Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    you should just get a 2ds. better value and it's prebuilt

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrob View Post
    you should just get a 2ds. better value and it's prebuilt
    Might as well spend the extra $3000 to get a gaming laptop so I can play GameCube games in 1440p

  13. #13
    Moderator Switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    15,971
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrob View Post
    you should just get a 2ds. better value and it's prebuilt
    Best comment you've made in a long time

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    NNID: Max_Lazy_10

    3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

    Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 3637849704

  14. #14
    troublémaker ohmyrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    4,641
    Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Might as well spend the extra $3000 to get a gaming laptop so I can play GameCube games in 1440p
    why stop at $3000? you could just buy people to create a real life game for you to play

  15. #15
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I would just be using a 1080p TV anyhow so it will be pretty future proof for me. It seems game graphics are evolving in resolution rather than graphical fidelity so 1080p people will be set it looks like.
    It would be great for 1080p. You could play anything you want really well.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  16. #16
    Guide Kahhhhyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    20,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I would just be using a 1080p TV anyhow so it will be pretty future proof for me. It seems game graphics are evolving in resolution rather than graphical fidelity so 1080p people will be set it looks like.
    That's why I've gotten so much milage out if my build. No currs for 4K at 120FPS, so my 280X is still doing pretty well for the PC games I've played.

    I should boot Andromeda and see where it defaults my settings.
    jw224 likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Here's a 1050 ti one for a little cheaper too. I don't know the power difference but I'd imagine they are close ish.

    https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-...owerpc+1050+ti

  18. #18
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Here's a 1050 ti one for a little cheaper too. I don't know the power difference but I'd imagine they are close ish.

    https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-...owerpc+1050+ti
    The 480 is quite a bit better. It's more like a 6GB 1060.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    The 480 is quite a bit better. It's more like a 6GB 1060.
    I'm not too aware of GPU lines except for the super duper popular ones. I guess the 480 one would be better considering the price gap isn't too much


    I'm gonna guess that there will be sales on 480 prebuilts later this year around the time Scorpio comes out to sway some people into PC instead.

  20. #20
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I'm not too aware of GPU lines except for the super duper popular ones. I guess the 480 one would be better considering the price gap isn't too much


    I'm gonna guess that there will be sales on 480 prebuilts later this year around the time Scorpio comes out to sway some people into PC instead.
    At the moment until the 490 comes out, the 480 is AMD's top of the line consumer video card. It's pretty popular because it's pretty comparable to the 6GB 1060, but you can get it a lot cheaper. It also is pretty comparable to the GTX 970 from last gen. It's a great choice for 1080p and some 1440p.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    At the moment until the 490 comes out, the 480 is AMD's top of the line consumer video card. It's pretty popular because it's pretty comparable to the 6GB 1060, but you can get it a lot cheaper. It also is pretty comparable to the GTX 970 from last gen. It's a great choice for 1080p and some 1440p.
    I see, so it's the perfect choice to jump into PC with because it leaves a good impression by running everything at good settings at 60 fps and isn't too expensive.


    I've seen some rx460 performance videos too. It's the lowest end of the line but it runs Witcher 3 fine. It does medium at 1080p with 50 fps but the video I watched used an i3 which may prevent it from going to 60.

  22. #22
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I see, so it's the perfect choice to jump into PC with because it leaves a good impression by running everything at good settings at 60 fps and isn't too expensive.


    I've seen some rx460 performance videos too. It's the lowest end of the line but it runs Witcher 3 fine. It does medium at 1080p with 50 fps but the video I watched used an i3 which may prevent it from going to 60.
    I don't know. My son built a PC with an i3 6100 and my old GTX 970, and he pretty much kills everything at 1080p on Ultra settings.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I don't know. My son built a PC with an i3 6100 and my old GTX 970, and he pretty much kills everything at 1080p on Ultra settings.
    What games I might ask? Witcher 3 is a popular benchmark, if you have it then that would be a golden game to test

  24. #24
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    What games I might ask? Witcher 3 is a popular benchmark, if you have it then that would be a golden game to test
    I don't have it. I actually got a free Steam code for it back when I bought my GTX 970, but I gave it to Vector because I wasn't interested in the game.

    I'm not sure what all he's playing. He's bought a ton of games. Some I can think of are Skyrim SE, Just Cause 3, Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, and Fallout 4. Oh, and it can play Quantum Break pretty well at 1080p.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I don't have it. I actually got a free Steam code for it back when I bought my GTX 970, but I gave it to Vector because I wasn't interested in the game.

    I'm not sure what all he's playing. He's bought a ton of games. Some I can think of are Skyrim SE, Just Cause 3, Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, and Fallout 4. Oh, and it can play Quantum Break pretty well at 1080p.
    That sounds like a great system, I wonder if he brags to console people at school

    "Ps4 is better Cuzz it haz more grafx"

    " Nuh uh, it's like the same, and you don't have Forza"


    " Like you guys could compete with having the entire steam library, Xbox games and 1080p 60 fps on every game"


    ( Yes I'm stereotypical about how schoolers sound based on my experience)
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

  26. #26
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31,572
    I was very pleasantly surprised with how well an inexpensive i3 6100 can pull of AAA games at 1080p when paired with my old 970. It might start to choke at 1440p, though. But it busts out 1080p on Ultra settings really well, and he only has a 1080p TV, anyway.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    8,197
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ArcticEagle21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I was very pleasantly surprised with how well an inexpensive i3 6100 can pull of AAA games at 1080p when paired with my old 970. It might start to choke at 1440p, though. But it busts out 1080p on Ultra settings really well, and he only has a 1080p TV, anyway.
    I think 1080p will be considered a good enough basic resolution for a very long time, it looks clear enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •