Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Glacier
  • 1 Post By Mr_Nick666
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 2 Post By hotchy

Thread: My stance on PC graphics (please read thoroughly)

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)

My stance on PC graphics (please read thoroughly)

In a previous thread I stated I thought the best looking ps4 titles look better than PC games. Of course not in top of the line resolution (4k) or framerate (60+ fps) but actual in game stuff. It's a close call for me though, it's not a significant pummeling of one or the other. Crysis 3 still looks fantastic on ultra!

Yes, if I saw rise of the tomb raider on Woody's master race PC at 4k ultra settings I'd have a heart attack. And PC titles DEFINITELY beat console graphics in LARGE SCALE open world titles. Arma 3 comes to mind.

Overall PC is the best graphical experience if you are rich enough to afford the top of the line display and card,processor and ram. But isn't uncharted 4 pretty cutting edge too? Especially driveclub in the racing genre

If you guys want to share beautiful PC games I'll be happy to watch videos since I love amazing graphics. One game I love the look of is kingdom come deliverance which looks absolutely photo realistic with it's world.

Include graphics mods too if you want. I want to see the best of gaming.

One day I might have a master race PC with a master race monitor and a master race keyboard and a master race mouse but as of now I'll have to watch from the sidelines
    The Cloud Strife likes this.

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Minecraft graphics mods are absolutely insane btw. I'd love to play the game looking like an unreal 4 game.

Nintendo NID
    BOBIROC
    Honestly I am impressed on what some developers pull out on the PS4 and XB1 to compare to games that are also made for PC. Most of the time it is hard to tell when you are playing the game and not pausing and looking at pixels or trying to pick out the differences. In order to truly see more than the subtle differences you need to see both the x86 consoles and PC on the same 4K monitor with the PC being capable of 4k output ultra settings. But if you compare the consoles to the average gaming PC they are remarkably close. Other than that the main difference I notice is frame rate. 30 FPS is horrible for most high paced games and that happens a lot on the X86 consoles or they dip lower than 30FPS.
    I brought the Awesome. What did you bring?

Switch Friend Code
    - 2893-9606-9975
    NintendoID (Wii U) - bobiroc
    XBLive GamerTag - bobiroc
    SteamID - bobiroc
    3DS Friend Code - 1134-7717-4295
    Super Mario Run Player ID - 7352-6985-2096
    Anyone sensing a pattern here?

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    It just comes down to optimization for consoles. When you squeeze every ounce of power out of ps4 and make a game out of it the results end up being amazing.

You'd see legit CGI level gaming if there was a game made only for a GTX 1080 too. It would look almost like kingsglaive FF XV movie.

Nintendo NID
    BOBIROC
    Definitely agree on optimization. If the game engine being used is flexible and scalable a good developer can make almost any game look good on a variety of hardware types and power levels even if some features have to be reduced or eliminated due to hardware constraints.

Of course this takes time and that is why we see some games (specifically in the PC world) have various performance levels amongst hardware of similar power. I see it less and less now but sometimes developers will only code on Intel or nVidia and AMD and Radeon graphics get the shaft.

At the end of the day it is a wonderful time to be a gamer. We have so many choices and options to play games and have fun and yet I see more hate and bitching about games than conversation about enjoying them. Not pointing out anything specific or nothing related to your thread so I apologize for that. I just find it a bit sad on the attitudes of some around this forum and people on the internet in general.
    I brought the Awesome. What did you bring?

Switch Friend Code
    - 2893-9606-9975
    NintendoID (Wii U) - bobiroc
    XBLive GamerTag - bobiroc
    SteamID - bobiroc
    3DS Friend Code - 1134-7717-4295
    Super Mario Run Player ID - 7352-6985-2096
    Anyone sensing a pattern here?

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    As a console lover, I realize my games don't look as good as most PC games running with ultra settings. That's okay though, because I don't give a damn about PC. Consoles>PC all day every day 24/7 for lyfe. Why did I spell it with a y? I dunno just for emphasis. But ya know what, I personally think it is awesome and hilarious that you had the... Pecans (?) to tell that to a bunch of PC gamers lol. I don't care what anyone says, I would defend you in this just because I am a console fanboy and don't care what PC gamers think about consoles.

Uncharted 4 looks amazing. Final Faneasy XV looks amazing. I really think consoles are closing the gap on PC and so what if PC still looks better. They have their own problems to deal with.

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Started horizon zero dawn and it looks even better than uncharted 4. It definitely rivals the best looking PC games in terms of in game visuals. All it's missing is 60 fps but that's not what I am getting at. Watch the first hour of gameplay on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Again, you can't compare console specs to PC because they use their hardware differently. PC doesn't get games that will only run on one specific set of hardware to get the most possible out of it. It's a scalable platform that needs to work with many different rig configurations.

The best showcase of what a PC can do is star citizen, which could never work on a ps4, at least a base one. A PC simply has the overwhelming combination of GPU power, CPU and RAM to produce a game as cutting edge as that.

For multiplats. PC stomps console but multiplats don't let a console shine unless the developer works really hard to properly use the hardware. Ark survival evolved is an example. It runs poorly on a base ps4 but I don't believe it's due to ps4 not being able to take it, but simply they dumped an already unoptimized PC game into console with little optimization, I don't think that's the most demanding game in the universe that appeared on a console.

Again with star citizen. Because it's PC only and has no plans for a console release, it can go nuts and get the most out of the platform , so it kinda works the same in both worlds but in different ways I guess.
    Last edited by Glacier; 02-28-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    The only reason I was even going on about it was because you were being cocky. I agree that UC4 has pretty great visuals. Naughty Dog is a talented game company, and I'd love to see them put their games on the PC.

Like Bob said, though, frame rates do make a huge difference. I didn't realize how much you get used to 60+ fps until my wife pulled out the Wii U a couple of weeks ago. I've actually started playing all of my games at 1440p, rather than 4K, just to get higher frame rates, and I'm preferring it that way.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I've played Minecraft with shaderpacks, and it's pretty stunning to look at.
    But it's really unoptimised, so it won't play well unless you have a really great PC.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    If you get into STEAM I'd totally recommend getting a STEAM Link. I can play my "Master Race" PC in two other rooms now!

I've been playing through Darksiders 2 (having played it first on WiiU) and it looks great, in comparison, but I REALLY miss the Gamepad screen's map and shortcuts!
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

When I saw the benefits of PC horsepower, it didn't take me long to get over missing the GamePad. Plus my 360 controller is just so comfortable.
    Mr_Nick666 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    It's really relaxing to play Steep with the 360 controller, but my fingers get tired very quickly from tapping and holding in the jump button so often (Right trigger). I would have prefered to use the PS4 controller.
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

If my pc wasn't already connected to the only tv I game on I'd have one of those instantly. Once I buy my new house later in the year this shall be purchased!

Along with a lapdog for couch play.

Master race ftw.

I have a PS4 controller for my PC, too. But for some reason, the DS4Windows software quit working right, and I haven't taken the time to figure it out. Microsoft's controllers just work without any hassle in Windows.

Before you buy it, just make darned sure you get a great WiFi signal in whatever room you'll be using it in.

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Nioh (ps4 game) lets you play in 720p 60 fps or 30 fps 1080p. I'd always go for the 60 fps option because that's more important to me.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Even the Xbox One controllers? Cause I have those as well.
    But they are wireless
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    I'd definitely get a xb1 controller if I built a PC. I could use ds4 but then I'd have to keep syncing back and forth and it wouldn't be seamless as I'd have to constantly keep booting up inputmapper ( I use this to game on my windows tablet)

Yeah. As long as you have Windows 10 and the official wireless dongle, the XB1 controller is plug-n-play. It just works out of the box.

I think anything pre-Win10, it only works wired, though.

I use the Xbox One S controller, works great through Bluetooth with my PC

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    You have a juan ese? If you have a master race PC.

Why do you need it over a ps4?????

???
    ????

!!!!!!

We need to talk about this

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    pcs should only be used for bitmining and facebook.

Naw man. Not the console, the controller yo!

Nintendo NID
    DooMed
    I didn't bother reading the OP just because it says, "please read thoroughly" in parentheses lol.
    - I saw six men kicking and punching my mother-in-law. My neighbor walks over and says, "Are you going to help?" I said, "No, six should be enough." -

Nintendo ID: DooMed

3ds Friend Code: