Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Switch
  • 3 Post By Zeldatrek
  • 1 Post By cThreep
  • 2 Post By WoodenSaucer

Thread: Ea confirms new need for speed will be out in next fiscal year

Ea confirms new need for speed will be out in next fiscal year

A new Need for Speed is currently in development and is set to be launched during EA's fiscal year 2018, the publisher has revealed.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson revealed during its quarterly earnings call that the team behind the upcoming Need for Speed game "is pushing the boundaries of action driving."

"We’ve given this game an extended development cycle to focus on innovation, and the Need for Speed team is pushing the boundaries of action driving with what we believe is the most exciting and best-looking Need for Speed game we’ve ever produced," Wilson said during the fiscal year 2017 third quarter call.

Wilson said the title will launch in the company's 2018 fiscal year, which begins on April 1, 2017 and ends on March 31, 2018.

Developer Ghost previously revealed that a new Need for Speed game would be coming during 2017. The last Need for Speed game released on November 3, 2015, and came to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. IGN gave the game a 6.3, saying that it "looks the part, sounds the part, and is surprisingly reverent to real-world car culture" but that "beneath its flashy exterior it's not quite firing on all cylinders."

Source:
    Rugmouse likes this.

No1Currs

Switch version maybe please?

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    They are taking their sweet time. The product should be really good then. They went from a NFS every year to a 3 year gap.

Nintendo NID
    ZeldaTrek
    Switch, please refer to your previous post.

Link_16_hit, Switch and cThreep like this.

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    I really don't like the pessimism train, but let's get real - if the Switch was actually an upcoming Sony or Microsoft console we would already have this new NFS confirmed to be on the console.

Edit: My theory also makes sense because EA would have used the opportunity to announce this NFS game just a few weeks ago when the world was watching the Switch presentation. Why announce it low key just a few weeks after?
    Last edited by cThreep; 02-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Probably even if the hardware were exactly the same as it is.
    savinghyrule and cThreep like this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

I'll remain optimistic, but I'm scared of what we'll get without Criterion.
    The Switch is a Vita 2017. It didn't work for the Vita after the first year.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    Good point. The Switch seems to be portable in two ways: portable as in mobile, and portable as in "able to have games easily ported to it".

Yet that may not be enough this time for 3rd parties, they're still timid about it and rightfully so. It's gotta sell well.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    I quite liked last Need for Speed, even got a plat on it. It isn't as good as their old games, but good and fun nonetheless. Interested to see what they will do with the next one. I want to be able to drive cop cars again! It would be perfect with my red and blue joycons.