• 3 Post By Rugmouse
  • 1 Post By Ninja Monkey
  • 1 Post By megamanultra
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 2 Post By ohmyrob
  • 2 Post By megamanultra
  • 3 Post By ohmyrob

Thread: Lego Dimensions is officially over.

Overactive Underacheiver megamanultra's Avatar
    Somewhere, out there, in the vast deepness of.......Ohio
    Nintendo NID
    megamanultra

Lego Dimensions is officially over.

Looks like the last of the real Toys to Life games is finally done. Ending one year earlier than planned, it has been finally confirmed, though long rumored, that the title is finished. Amiibos are all that are left in the field now, though those are not quite the same thing.

From Kotatu:

After two years spent bringing together characters from 30 different cartoon, television and movie properties in one massive virtual playground, Lego Dimensions is officially done. While TT Games will continue to provide server and customer support for the expansive Lego toys-to-life game, no further expansion sets will be produced for Lego Dimensions. Official word was delivered today via the . Originally planned as a three-year cycle, with three seasons of new Lego sets introducing new entertainment properties to the game, rumors of the game’s “cancellation” , following the first couple of waves of . Originally posted on game fansite and more recently in, slow sales of toy sets coupled with a grueling, endless development cycle led to the abandonment of plans for a third season of content.
    The game had a good run, outlasting the and in the toys-to-life genre. One would be hard-pressed to find another game that brought together characters from so many diverse entertainment properties, from Doctor Who to Mission: Impossible, Teen Titans Go! to Sonic: The Hedgehog. And should the servers ever go down, fans who stuck through to the end still have a pretty amazing Lego collection on their hands.
    Ninja Monkey and aMarioFan64 like this.

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #141: Only fools pay retail.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3: Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Now if we can get amiibos to die, then we'll be in good shape.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    Seriously - I'm tired of Nintendo tricking me into giving them $15 for something that has zero value.

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    I'm gonna have you banned next for saying that. Amiibos are!.. are.. what are they even?
    They don't really do much, huh.

Nintendo, drop Amiibos ASAP and make them collectable Nintendo figurines without the NFC ability instead
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

Nintendo NID
    megamanultra
    At least the Dimensions figures can be used with any standard Lego parts. So they weren't completely useless after the game is long done. Just need to hold out till Black Friday to catch the inevitable discount to get the last 5 sets cheaply.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3: Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Exactly. I don't have a problem with collectible figurines for people who are into that.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1

aMarioFan64 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    hey ding dongs...amiibo is already plural. if you put an S on it, there's waaaaaaaaaaay too many and then you already lost the war
    WoodenSaucer and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    megamanultra
    English major I am not. Not worry about thing so trivial. Yoda imitate I do.
    jpd01 and The Cloud Strife like this.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    dimensions looked super cool but i'm a completionist so it was going to be too expensive for me to even kid myself.

Nintendo NID
    megamanultra
    The 2nd year added a Hire a hero system, so you could still complete any unlocked content 100% without buying every single pack. It used studs you collected to rent a character. Then, you could reduce costs some by buying only Story, Level, and then the cheapest of the Team and Fun packs needed to unlock the worlds. Yea, it was still pricey, but there were regular sales as cheap as 50% off. Waiting on the next sale to buy the last 5 packs to complete the set. Spent $697 on the Dimensions setup, which was cheaper than my Amiibo collection, and far cheaper than the suggested retail of $1,088 for everything. It failed due to it's expense, plain and simple. But it was the only one that was truly a 'toy' when you wasn't using it in the game, not just a figurine.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    thanks for reminding me i saved $1000 bucks