How do you guys feel about achievements on the swtich?

I love my switch, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the lack of a network level achievement system is a bit of a bummer. I know myself that the systems are kinda stupid. Why should a trophy or achievement influence the games I play and have any sort of impact on whether the game is fun or not, but it absolutely does for some reason. In saying this, I have completed breath of the wild twice now and didn't think about achievements, but for Mario Odyssey I did.

Going back to collect all the moons was not something that sounded fun to me unless I was going to have some sort of stamp on my profile that let me see forever that I had gotten that 100%. In 10 years time, and my switch breaks or whatever, that 100% completion will always be there on my profile.

How do you guys feel about the lack of a proper achievement system on the switch?

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    i would tell you to just enjoy the game. why do you need achievements? the only thing that i could see coming out of it is bragging rights and the last thing the world needs right now are braggers

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    if this was a thing i would buy a new switch

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    I’d be down for it but I don’t find it too necessary.