Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Edymion PSN ID: bamthedoc Steam ID: DragonAgnstEvil

OFFICIAL: Nintendo Direct 01/11/2018

Fake...

EDIT:

The really real direct:

Last edited by Draco Breach; 01-11-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    2 Hours? That's crazy stuff. It's going to be bigger than E3.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Dragonrider of Nintendo Draco Breach's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

...and now I'm starting to doubt it. I know I found this image on the Nintendo of America Twitter, but now I just can't find it anywhere.

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

You know why I can't find it? Because it's on a troll "parody" account that ripped off NoA's look. Closing thread until/unless it becomes official.

(Decided to look in History rather than search Twitter.)

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

I'mma re-open now... A Direct Mini just went live.

Mostly just ports and DLC.
    drew79 and heimbachae like this.

Lol. So they actually had a Direct without even announcing it at all? I guess Gamestop missed their chance at that 45 minutes tweet.

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

Yeah, but... The World Ends with You! (Yeah, I'm a little excited for that.)

Honestly, they don't need a ton of new announced right now. We already know of a few more new titles coming this year, and they did front-load their new titles in the Direct Mini to the first half of the year - leaving post-E3 wide open.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Lol. So they actually had a Direct without even announcing it at all? I guess Gamestop missed their chance at that 45 minutes tweet.
    Can't blame them for the lack of build up. That was like watching a Wii U direct (probably because half of the content was Wii U content.)

Wow. A lot more Wii U stuff coming. But there were a couple of nuggets in there. I really like this format. No BS, just games. They packed a lot of info in 14 minutes.

Normally I wouldn't be excited for Mario Tennis, but that one actually looks kind of cool. It's also cool that Ys is coming. And I think Fe looks like it might be a fun game. It's interesting that the Dark Souls rumor was correct, and I was pleasantly surprised that they clearly stated it's the remastered version on the Switch, and not just a port of the old game. I really thought everything else would get the remaster, and the Switch would just get a port of the original that can be played in a handheld mode. So that's a cool thing. I'm not aware if Bethesda ever did clearly state that Skyrim on Switch is the Special Edition.

I was also pleased that they didn't waste any time at all on the 3DS, other than to say one 3DS game is coming to the Switch. There was a lot I don't give a rip about, but that's ok. I'm sure they're saving Metroid for E3. If they don't show anything there, I might get a little heated.

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

Metroid is a definite possibility for E3. ...as a trailer. I'm not holding my breath on a 2018 release for it.

As far as Skyrim Switch, I thought Bethesda did definitively state it was the SE, just minus mod support.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Breach View Post
    Metroid is a definite possibility for E3. ...as a trailer. I'm not holding my breath on a 2018 release for it.

As far as Skyrim Switch, I thought Bethesda did definitively state it was the SE, just minus mod support.
    If they did, it was a long time coming. I think I might remember that, and if so, it wasn't until after the game launched.

Wow a bunch of old stuff lol. TWEWY is a welcome one imo, when rumors of a sequel started popping up I really doubted it, but a rerelease makes me think that might be possible now.

The Dark Souls announcement was well done. When he said something wicked this way comes it was easy to assume it was Bayonetta, so that was a nice misdirect.

Personally, there's not much I care about here. I played most of the games I wanted to already so whateves to most of that. I never cared about Mario Tennis before and don't really now, but it looks like that's getting way more TLC then Ultra Smash.
    drew79 and FlamingFury like this.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

Okay, so I watched the Japanese Direct Mini to see if there were any differences.

They are just now getting Stardew Valley, and the SNK trailer was...er...very fanservice-y. Other than that, it was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Breach View Post
    Okay, so I watched the Japanese Direct Mini to see if there were any differences.

They are just now getting Stardew Valley, and the SNK trailer was...er...very fanservice-y. Other than that, it was the same.
    The title of that game is fanservice-y lol

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    Other Gamer IDs

Oh sure, the title is certainly fanservice-y. However, the Japanese trailer has the gals dressed more provocatively, and it shows more of the dress-up (or should I say down?) options.

As soon as Dark Souls is coming out, I was surprised they didn't show any more than that.

Man that felt hollow. I don't think there was one thing in there I'll ever play. I would've rather they just didn't do anything.
    drew79 and heimbachae like this.

Nintendo NID
    Immallama22
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Immallama22
    Pretty solid direct. Looks like they're saving the big stuff for a while which I'm okay with to be honest.

I missed TWEWY the first time around, so that’s interesting to me.
    3ds FC 2251-5240-1611

Wii U ID: MjekuMati

Banned
    Not a lot of amazing stuff for those that were the Wii U faithful, but then again, there's apparently not many of us. From a business perspective I think a lot of this makes sense. Tropical Freeze is a great game and I'm glad more people will get to play it now. As far as Wii U releases go though, I think they should also rerelease the Zelda HD remakes for Switch, I personally know a number of Switch owners that want those real bad, but don't own a Wii U.

Also, this is the first time I've been excited about a Mario Tennis game since they announced Mario Power Tennis for the gamecube, which was a great game. Hopefully Nintendo has learned their lessons from Ultra Smash. TWEWY I got the day it came out forever ago, so I don't care. Blastoise in Pokken is AWESOME though and the Mario Odyssey update looks interesting. I might get Dark Souls depending on the price point

Poor Venusaur.

Forever alone. Not even a bulbasaur support pokemon to be seen.
    DeliciousMalk likes this.
    3ds FC 2251-5240-1611

Nintendo NID
    lelennyfacelel
    Other Gamer IDs

Steam ID: toonlinkofhyrule
    Mario Odyssey DLC with Luigi... but he's not playable

switch FC - 2682-9285-9992

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMalk View Post
    Not a lot of amazing stuff for those that were the Wii U faithful, but then again, there's apparently not many of us. From a business perspective I think a lot of this makes sense. Tropical Freeze is a great game and I'm glad more people will get to play it now. As far as Wii U releases go though, I think they should also rerelease the Zelda HD remakes for Switch, I personally know a number of Switch owners that want those real bad, but don't own a Wii U.

Also, this is the first time I've been excited about a Mario Tennis game since they announced Mario Power Tennis for the gamecube, which was a great game. Hopefully Nintendo has learned their lessons from Ultra Smash. TWEWY I got the day it came out forever ago, so I don't care. Blastoise in Pokken is AWESOME though and the Mario Odyssey update looks interesting. I might get Dark Souls depending on the price point
    I completely get where you are coming from, but I have mixed feelings about all the re-releases and ports. DKTF is a great game, but Funky Kong is F********* lame. That guy sucks. That’s just easy mode but I digress...

While it’s cool more folks get to play these good games, I feel these should be $20-30 digital releases or released as discounted prices. If you want to play TP for example you had the GC version, the Wii version, and the HD version. This feels like milking the fans IMO.

The tennis game... boy I don’t know. I had really high hopes for Ultra Smash and thought Nintendo would add DLC to flesh it out but they didn’t. As I recall you and your wife love that game and that’s great. As far as tennis games go, NPC Power Tennis is crap. The controls are garbage, but apparently the original version is good. For Wii Virtua Tennis and SEGA Superstars Tennis are really good and super cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLuigi View Post
    Mario Odyssey DLC with Luigi... but he's not playable

I like that they felt compelled to say that was free , I mean who on Earth would pay money for that if not? Just a laim hide and seek really?

Nintendo NID
    Hudson_Firesys
    Other Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 4644-0449-7084-3090
    New Mario Tennis !!! Woo hoo

The YS game was a good announcement too. ! I'm a fan since the PC engine games.
    Last edited by Hudson_Firesys; 01-11-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    A message to all haters ,some western sites(like IGN) and etc. :

You can't kill Nintendo!

If you add my FC/ID in some game, please add-me as a contact on this same forum.
    (My ID's/FC's=PM-me).

I'm giving priority to players who have a good online frequency and has the possibility to schedule matches and communicate.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFAN View Post
    I like that they felt compelled to say that was free , I mean who on Earth would pay money for that if not? Just a laim hide and seek really?
    SMO is about costumes and selfies dude! Don’t be a Debbie downer!

It's kinda funny how hyped this direct was on the rest of the internet. Reddit and Resetera were expecting some big stuff. What's weird though is even though they just announced a bunch of ports and DLC I'm still seeing a lot of optimism on those sites. I dunno if this just goes to show how many people didn't buy a Wii U or if the Switch can just announce anything and people would like it... It's weird.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    It's kinda funny how hyped this direct was on the rest of the internet. Reddit and Resetera were expecting some big stuff. What's weird though is even though they just announced a bunch of ports and DLC I'm still seeing a lot of optimism on those sites. I dunno if this just goes to show how many people didn't buy a Wii U or if the Switch can just announce anything and people would like it... It's weird.
    I agree. It’s weird how Nintendo is sort of pretending WiiU wasn’t a thing. It was, and it was pretty cool in many ways. Sweeping it under the rug is a bit insulting IMO.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aMarioFan64 Steam ID: ECOCKPIT89
    Eh, I guess there was nothing wrong with the Direct and what was announced.
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    Eh, it was a thing. It was a bowl of oatmeal. It’s there, but nothing interesting about it, except maybe Darksouls.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Eh, it was a thing. It was a bowl of oatmeal. It’s there, but nothing interesting about it, except maybe Darksouls.
    Yeah, I agree. Nothing really mindblowing.

Man, you know a Nintendo announcement is "meh" when even drew is neutral about it.
    drew79 likes this.
    PM me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    So that's the thing. Nintendo didn't hype this direct in any way whatsoever. The rest of the internet did. Nintendo stealth dropped it and called it a mini direct. Almost to reinforce that we shouldn't have super high expectations for it.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

So that's the thing. Nintendo didn't hype this direct in any way whatsoever. The rest of the internet did. Nintendo stealth dropped it and called it a mini direct. Almost to reinforce that we shouldn't have super high expectations for it.
    Yeah, but pointless speculation and inevitable disappointment are kind of the Internet's National Pastimes.
    PM me if you add me!

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ninja_Monkey32- Steam ID: ninja_monkey32
    I thought there were some interesting things, nothing mind blowing but.
    It was just a mini direct so I'm gonna say it was good for what it was. And plus on them for being straight to the point.
    Now I want to see the next real direct have some bigger announcements and their E3 better be mind blowing, like Half life 3 or Duke Nukem Forever mind blowing
    drew79, cThreep and aMarioFan64 like this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

I still would like a Fire Emblem HD collection of all the GBA, DS, and GCN/Wii Games. Or FE:Fates collector edition release on Switch. Just to hold me over. I think I'd like the latter more.
    drew79 likes this.
    3ds FC 2251-5240-1611

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Nintendo: go buy a Dreamcast or PlayStation.

Drew: waaaay ahead of you buddy.

I will say FE and the chick fighting game looked good, as did Ys. Still, this is all stuff I can buy heavily discounted soon after launch.

Grand Slam Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjeku View Post
    I still would like a Fire Emblem HD collection of all the GBA, DS, and GCN/Wii Games. Or FE:Fates collector edition release on Switch. Just to hold me over. I think I'd like the latter more.
    The only "big" Wii U game I never bought was Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Hopefully Nintendo looks at my game rack and home and realizes that so I can get a port:lol
    Nintendo: go buy a Dreamcast or PlayStation.

Drew: waaaay ahead of you buddy.

I will say FE and the chick fighting game looked good, as did Ys. Still, this is all stuff I can buy heavily discounted soon after launch.

Grand Slam Nintendo.
    I think they were only going for a base hit.
    drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    I'm surprised drew isn't more excited about Hyrule Warriors.

I can safely say I was looking forward to this way too much and built myself up for it way too much as well. I definitely had unrealistic expectations. It didn't help all the hype that had surrounded this thing, though, but 15 minutes is a far cry from 2 hours. Although, I'm sure Nintendo could have stretched this thing for that long if they wanted and lets just be glad they didn't..

I never played Tropical Freeze or Hyrule Warriors, so I am excited for those. I would have rather have had a Mario Maker port announced, but I'll take what I can get. Dark Souls just fits with the Switch. I think that'll be a fun game to have on the go. Hopefully I can get Wu to jump on the game with me some time. I'm disappointed that we are still holding our breath on Animal Crossing. I don't know how much longer Tommy and I can take this.

All in all, though, it was a decent direct that would have been better had it not been hyped to the moon. I am sure Nintendo still has some things up their sleeve, so maybe there will be a large direct for the one year anniversary in March. Either way, I need to stop letting the hype cloud (haha, nice) my judgement and temper my expectations to more reasonable limits going forward.

Remember how people seriously thought Mother 3 was going to be here? Shame shame.
    WoodenSaucer and aMarioFan64 like this.
    3ds FC 2251-5240-1611

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

I'm seriously gonna get Payday 2, no matter how stupid that may ever be.
    Already own it, never played it but eh looks like it could be something I'd be down for in shorts bursts.
    Other than that YS VIII and SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy looked pretty neat.
    Might get Souls Demastered, The World ends with me and SavingHyrule's warriors Legs edition
    Monkeys are coming =0

Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
    I'm seriously gonna get Payday 2, no matter how stupid that may ever be.
    Already own it, never played it but eh looks like it could be something I'd be down for in shorts bursts.
    Other than that YS VIII and SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy looked pretty neat.
    Might get Souls Demastered, The World ends with me and SavingHyrule's warriors Legs edition
    Awesome! I was hoping you'd get Payday 2. We can play that together. You should get Dark Souls also and we can play that too.
    Fox and Ninja Monkey like this.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    Awesome! I was hoping you'd get Payday 2. We can play that together. You should get Dark Souls also and we can play that too.
    Doesn't seem like a whole lot will get Payday 2 but I dun care, I want it. Glad to have ya with me, plus I gotta support my fellow sweds
    I might get Dark souls if mah pals get it. Never were able to get into it but with buddies that may very well change
    The Cloud Strife likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

Banned
    Yeah I think the stealth drop and "mini" label really made people realize they had created far too much hype in their own minds. Also I think the optimism has to do with the fact that Nintendo downplayed the direct big time like you said, BUT then dropped actually a lot of titles. I personally didn't have extremely high expectations but as I watched I was just thinking alright, Nintendo is doing good here. They actually have a lot coming out in the spring and it is clear they didn't have to dedicate a ton of dev resources to it.

This is the difference between how Nintendo managed the Wii U and the Switch in my mind - a re-release of a game they had already made before was a marquee game of the year on Wii U. For the Switch, we've got a little mini direct where they almost just casually give these re-releases a minute or two. To me, that marketing language tells me that they've got a lot more on the horizon, a lot more their devs are creating.

With the Wii U, I was often left wondering after the direct, so what the heck are all of Nintendo's devs doing if a Wind Waker remake is the marquee game of the year? This direct was packed with a number of games, many re-releases, but their marketing isn't trying to make us feel like these are the killer apps of the year by any means. Hence my own personal optimism

I completely get where you are coming from, but I have mixed feelings about all the re-releases and ports. DKTF is a great game, but Funky Kong is F********* lame. That guy sucks. That’s just easy mode but I digress...

While it’s cool more folks get to play these good games, I feel these should be $20-30 digital releases or released as discounted prices. If you want to play TP for example you had the GC version, the Wii version, and the HD version. This feels like milking the fans IMO.

The tennis game... boy I don’t know. I had really high hopes for Ultra Smash and thought Nintendo would add DLC to flesh it out but they didn’t. As I recall you and your wife love that game and that’s great. As far as tennis games go, NPC Power Tennis is crap. The controls are garbage, but apparently the original version is good. For Wii Virtua Tennis and SEGA Superstars Tennis are really good and super cheap.
    I agree with you here. Funky Kong really is just an easy mode. When I watched that, I was wondering how you were going to rail on that. And I also agree that these games should be like $30.

I did think Mario Tennis looks cool, though. DLC or none, there is a lot there with that story mode.

You're right. It is weird how the gaming world hated the Wii U, but they're eating this thing up no matter what.

I'll say this, though: If you force yourself to look at that Direct from the perspective of someone who never had a Wii U, it was flippin awesome! If you never experienced anything about a Wii U, there was a lot to be excited about. I'll say this, too. They fit more in that 14 minute "Mini Direct" than they've fit in much longer full Directs in the past because there was zero BS. It was all about the games. I used to like some of the BS, but seeing it in this format really makes me believe this is a much better way. I don't give a rat's anus about Bill Trinen eating donuts. I don't even need to see any of their faces, or even know who any of them are. Just show me the games.

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DwideSchrude Steam ID: Rugmouse
    My son and I are going to play the hell out of that Kirby game. We've been playing Kirby Superstar on the SNES and it has been a blast. I think it looks delightful.

Kirby, Ys VIII, and The World Ends with You are my top candidates. Jury is still out on Fe and potentially Mario Tennis. Fe visually had my attention, but all I saw was animals riding animals, then they sang and they opened a door. And after the negative reception of the Wii U Mario Tennis, I have a level of skepticism surrounding that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugmouse View Post
    My son and I are going to play the hell out of that Kirby game. We've been playing Kirby Superstar on the SNES and it has been a blast. I think it looks delightful.

Kirby, Ys VIII, and The World Ends with You are my top candidates. Jury is still out on Fe and potentially Mario Tennis. Fe visually had my attention, but all I saw was animals riding animals, then they sang and they opened a door. And after the negative reception of the Wii U Mario Tennis, I have a level of skepticism surrounding that franchise.
    Yeah, Fe has the potential to either be really awesome, or really boring. I always thought Rime was going to be really awesome, but it turned out to get kind of boring after a while.
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I'm glad Hyrule Warriors is coming, but I wish it was a sequel. This will be my third version of the game.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm glad Hyrule Warriors is coming, but I wish it was a sequel. This will be my third version of the game.
    The enthusiasm some of you guys have for Hyrule Warriors has almost inspired me to get this "definitive edition". Is it really that good of a game?
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Other Gamer IDs

I'd say so, and my enthusiasm for a warriors game have been equal to that of zero prior to it
    Kahhhhyle likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast