Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By aMarioFan64
  • 2 Post By hbeb9786

Thread: NVIDIA says Switch is “doing incredibly well”, lots of praise for Nintendo

NVIDIA says Switch is “doing incredibly well”, lots of praise for Nintendo

NVIDIA reported its latest financial results yesterday, and the company had a rather good quarter. Part of that was due to Switch, which has taken off in its first few months.

NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang commented on Switch’s performance during a financial call with analysts and investors yesterday. Huang noted that the system is a “major component” of the company’s business along with self-driving car platforms and AI.

As for Switch, Huang pointed out how the console is “doing incredibly well”. He also had plenty of praise for Nintendo, noting that “they’re risk takers” and “innovators.”

Huang’s full words:

“We don’t break out the automotive from the rest of the Tegra business. The Tegra business consists of basically three parts at the moment. One major component of it is the Nintendo Switch gaming console, and it’s just doing incredibly well. I’m so happy for Nintendo because they’re risk takers. They’re innovators. They’re not influenced by what other people do, and they’re original thinkers. And I just love the way they invented the Switch and the way they’ve taken it to market. I’m so happy for them. And it’s doing really well.”

NVIDIA is powering Switch with a custom Tegra processor. It was previously said that “development encompassed 500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform”.

NVIDIA says Switch is "doing incredibly well", lots of praise for Nintendo - Nintendo Everything

Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    I'm sure it didn't hurt their business when all of these darned bitcoin miners bought out all of their video card stock and ran the prices up.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

I wonder what the chances are of them selling more Tegra's in the Switch then they have ever other device so far
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I'm sure it didn't hurt their business when all of these darned bitcoin miners bought out all of their video card stock and ran the prices up.
    I kinda wonder if it'll effect their stock now that the miners are trying to resell all the cards now.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jrb363 PSN ID: jrb363 Steam ID: jrb363
    When you breakout the history of the company, divided by the number of employees, the "500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform" quote really doesn't sound that impressive.

Not saying it isn't impressive but come on now...we all know that life, especially technology, is constantly building upon itself. To claim otherwise is disingenuous at best.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Equal-Opportunity Mocker aMarioFan64's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aMarioFan64 Steam ID: ECOCKPIT89
    In the article they call Nintendo "risk Takers" and innovators". I can just hear some people going...

Kahhhhyle likes this.
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    In the article they call Nintendo "risk Takers" and innovators". I can just hear some people going...

Well to quote your picture... Making a new hand held console is not a risk when you dominate that market... it is a safe move
    WoodenSaucer and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    Well to quote your picture... Making a new hand held console is not a risk when you dominate that market... it is a safe move
    I find it to be more of a home console than a handheld.
    I barely use it as one. 3DS is my go to handheld when I'm going on car trips etc. I don't want to play Splatoon or Breath of the Wild in the car, plus if it's really sunny the glossy screen makes it difficult to see things. The 3DS is much better in that department, since the screen is more matte. And it has more games that are fitting for short gameplay sessions. (Pokémon, Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing etc.)
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I find it to be more of a home console than a handheld.
    I barely use it as one. 3DS is my go to handheld when I'm going on car trips etc. I don't want to play Splatoon or Breath of the Wild in the car, plus if it's really sunny the glossy screen makes it difficult to see things. The 3DS is much better in that department, since the screen is more matte. And it has more games that are fitting for short gameplay sessions. (Pokémon, Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing etc.)
    So you're telling me it sucks as a console and a handheld?
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    So you're telling me it sucks as a console and a handheld?
    It's a wondeful console.
    I can play Splatoon 2 on it with my friends over Discord. I can't do that on a PS4 or Xbox One. Plus the pro controller is delicious
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Didgeridoo Master Flash hbeb9786's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's a wondeful console.
    I can play Splatoon 2 on it with my friends over Discord. I can't do that on a PS4 or Xbox One. Plus the pro controller is delicious

but you could play BF1 or CoD with your friends on Xbox/PS4/PC and you can not do that on the Switch.

Also regardless of how you use it and how I used it as I also keep it docked, it is still a hand help that Can be played on the TV Via EXTRA hardware, supplied or not at the time the console is purchased. There is not penalty for for having the DOC where there is a penalty for not having a HDMI cable or TV for the PS4/PC.