Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Why do some of you stick with Nintendo?

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ArcticEagle21

Why do some of you stick with Nintendo?

Possibly my final thread

I mean the ones that clearly show they don't really like Nintendo all that much anymore due to the Wii u disaster and the direction they choose to take their systems. But what I don't understand is why stick to a company that doesn't provide what you need when there are ones like Sony that provide everything you could ask for in a power box?

Wu made a post once stating that he simply moves to companies that provide his gaming needs and abandons ones that don't. I think that's the most logical approach, brand name loyalty is not gonna help anyone. If Sony became something I didn't like like say, they started to be all about "them shooters and sports games for the bros" instead of their "fit all kinds of gamers" mentality then I'd move to something else. Or if Nintendo went the direction of making hand holding ultra easy games instead of core games like botw and Odyssey then I'd move to something else.

I was going to jump ship to Xbox one earlier this gen because they were providing what I wanted, only recently ish did ps4 become my game heaven.

Those of you who want Nintendo to make something similar to a ps4, just seriously consider a ps4 because it has one of the best game libraries in history and you are not going to miss out on third parties. Or maybe you'd rather an Xbox or gaming PC, all options are good.

If I could only have one game system, console wise it would be a ps4 pro and even though I couldnt play Mario kart,botw,Splatoon and Xenoblade 2 I would have far more than that anyways and limitless variety. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it's worth giving up a few things to enjoy plenty with something you'll enjoy more overall.

The systems have certain games franchises that I like that are exclusive to it

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Last edited by Switch; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:04 AM.
    Death, Kahhhhyle, drew79 and 4 others like this.
    NNID: Max_Lazy_10

3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 3637849704

Nintendo NID
    kennyjohnson
    Other Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dodgingcars
    I don't think think this question is for me. While I can be disappointed in some of Nintendo's choices or their lack of 3rd party support, they are pretty much the only thing I use for gaming. I have an outdated gaming PC, but my son is mostly on that.

I choose Nintendo because I like Nintendo games... Gameplay, anesthetic, and as a parent mostly family friendly. They are one of the few publishers putting out AAA titles that are not mature. If I'm playing games, it's usually in front of my family, so very mature games aren't really an option. Ironically, the Switch would make playing those games easier.

But I just like the type of games Nintendo makes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Kahhhhyle, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.
    Nintendo ID: kennyjohnson
    Nintendo 3DS: 4012-4819-5619
    Wii Fit U: Wii U Forums Gym Community: 2974-4499-2133

Because Sony and Microsoft don't have Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. This has been explained to you before by other folks.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Those of you who want Nintendo to make something similar to a ps4, just seriously consider a ps4 because it has one of the best game libraries in history and you are not going to miss out on third parties. Or maybe you'd rather an Xbox or gaming PC, all options are good.
    It's not Nintendo making a PS4 clone that's an appealing idea. It's Nintendo making a system powerful enough to get the big multiplats alongside their first party stuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I stick with Nintendo because I like their games and like their hardware. Do I like every game they make,
    ?
    No. Do I like every hardware decison? No. However I like most of what they do. I have a ps4, I use it mostly to play movies. Yes there are some good games on the ps4, but I greatly prefer most of Nintendo's offerings to what the ps4 offers. Given that I have limited time in my life to play games (career, kids, ect) I prioritize the games I prefer the most and for the most part that list contains Nintendo published titles.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
    Because Sony and Microsoft don't have Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. This has been explained to you before by other folks.
    And Nintendo doesn't have GTA,red dead,star wars,the Witcher,fallout,battlefield,call of duty,dirt,overwatch,final fantasy

See what I mean here? A few titles vs many more titles. It seems people are more burned by missing all these games than if they had to miss Nintendo games.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by fzeroplaya View Post
    I stick with Nintendo because I like their games and like their hardware. Do I like every game they make,
    ?
    No. Do I like every hardware decison? No. However I like most of what they do. I have a ps4, I use it mostly to play movies. Yes there are some good games on the ps4, but I greatly prefer most of Nintendo's offerings to what the ps4 offers. Given that I have limited time in my life to play games (career, kids, ect) I prioritize the games I prefer the most and for the most part that list contains Nintendo published titles.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    You are fine, I mean the folks that really want a power box but don't do anything about that for themselves and ignore what are generally considered great options for pure TV play.

And Nintendo doesn't have GTA,red dead,star wars,the Witcher,fallout,battlefield,call of duty,dirt,overwatch,final fantasy

See what I mean here? A few titles vs many more titles. It seems people are more burned by missing all these games than if they had to miss Nintendo games.
    You are either an A grade troller or incredibly obtuse. Not sure which, and not really sure it matters.
    jw224, drew79, ohmyrob and 3 others like this.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    It's not Nintendo making a PS4 clone that's an appealing idea. It's Nintendo making a system powerful enough to get the big multiplats alongside their first party stuff.

These are your answers. We still like their games, and there is only one place to get them. You really need to get it out of your head that it's one or the other. The PS4 wouldn't provide my needs, either. As far as exclusives go, I'd choose Nintendo over Sony every time. But I still want my multiplats. I'm lucky enough to have a PC, but there was a time that I wasn't, and there are many other people who aren't lucky enough to have multiple platforms.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you to comprehend.
    Death, Sharkz, drew79 and 2 others like this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Overactive Underacheiver megamanultra's Avatar
    Somewhere, out there, in the vast deepness of.......Ohio
    Nintendo NID
    megamanultra
    Other Gamer IDs

Steam ID: megamanultrax
    Because i'm old and set in my ways.......

And i was on computers before the nes was a thing. Use them for gaming just as much. I miss Raid on Bungling Bay.....
    Kennyj likes this.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #141: Only fools pay retail.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3: Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by megamanultra View Post
    Because i'm old and set in my ways.......

And i was on computers before the nes was a thing. Use them for gaming just as much. I miss Raid on Bungling Bay.....
    Don't forget Wizardry.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

You are either an A grade troller or incredibly obtuse. Not sure which, and not really sure it matters.
    You are one of the reasons why I consider this to be a shitty place to talk about games now. All I did was ask a question and explain why I asked it in a fair manner. Learn to be respectful
    drew79 and golgo13 like this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    These are your answers. We still like their games, and there is only one place to get them. You really need to get it out of your head that it's one or the other. The PS4 wouldn't provide my needs, either. As far as exclusives go, I'd choose Nintendo over Sony every time. But I still want my multiplats. I'm lucky enough to have a PC, but there was a time that I wasn't, and there are many other people who aren't lucky enough to have multiple platforms.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you to comprehend.
    If your favorite modern game is Skyrim which is a multiplat only now coming to Nintendo then doesn't that say there's a lot more chances of another platform providing what you like than a Nintendo one due to the sheer number of releases? Not sure why that's so offensive to ask

Anyways bye.

If your favorite modern game is Skyrim which is a multiplat only now coming to Nintendo then doesn't that say there's a lot more chances of another platform providing what you like than a Nintendo one due to the sheer number of releases? Not sure why that's so offensive to ask

Anyways bye.
    My favorite franchise is Zelda. That's the one series I don't want to go without. Zelda is why I stick with Nintendo and wish other multiplats would come.

If they'd put Zelda on PC, I'd never buy a Nintendo console. But they won't.
    Zeldatrek and golgo13 like this.

You are one of the reasons why I consider this to be a shitty place to talk about games now. All I did was ask a question and explain why I asked it in a fair manner. Learn to be respectful
    jw224, Zeldatrek, Sharkz and 3 others like this.

My favorite franchise is Zelda. That's the one series I don't want to go without. Zelda is why I stick with Nintendo and wish other multiplats would come.

If they'd put Zelda on PC, I'd never buy a Nintendo console. But they won't.
    Too many to count, Zelda, mario, DK, Metroid... Nintendo's IP are second to none.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    It's not an if/or sort of thing. I had an NES, loved it, but went to Genesis and SEGA CD, than PS1 and than Xbox and then Wii, WiiU, 3DS. The Wii looked interesting, had backwards compatibility with GNC, which was also a factor in buying a WiiU, all my games still worked. That's a huge accumulation of games, especially when you throw in the VC. I like variety and options.

The 3DS is something I bought too soon, but it plays all the DS games. That's tremendous. With handhelds, Nintendo mops the floor with everybody, so that wasn't a competition.

Sony and MS do some interesting things, but I'm simply not interested in the types of games those systems typically offer. When the dudebox came I was especially harsh on the DRM practices. Woody and I clashed quite a bit. But it was never personal. When MS fought back to turn the system around than I gave them points for that, and I've done so numerous times.

I don't hate any console, except the N64 because it is crap. With the Switch it looks like Nintendo is making the same mistakes over again, but worse this time and I'm concerned. It's nice to swap stories, talk shop, and have a community I have a lot in common with.

Honestly I'd probably be better off going pure retro and buying emulators/old consoles and scooping up cheap games. I've talked about it before and several members here such as Jpd and Ancient have been very helpful with their suggestions. But Nintendo has a certain allure that's hard to explain. I don't have to cheer when Nintendo does dumb anti-consumer things in order to be a true fan or whatever. Actually I'd prefer to not be labeled as a fan.

That's the long answer.

The short answer is because SEGA doesn't manufacture consoles anymore.

You can like Nintendo AND criticize them you know.
    Lunkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    The short answer is because SEGA doesn't manufacture consoles anymore.
    There is some truth right there.
    jpd01 and SuperLuigi like this.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    There is some truth right there.
    Sonic and SEGA Racing were and are pure heaven for me.

Back in the day SEGA gave Nintendo a harsh lesson in humility, a lesson they have forgotten even though Sony and MS are kicking their ass.

I have deep respect for the departed Iwata, but I think his non-confrontational stance isn't a good long term strategy.

Asshole Nintendo makes better games than non- competing Nintendo.
    Lunkhead.

Sonic and SEGA Racing were and are pure heaven for me.

Back in the day SEGA gave Nintendo a harsh lesson in humility, a lesson they have forgotten even though Sony and MS are kicking their ass.

I have deep respect for the departed Iwata, but I think his non-confrontational stance isn't a good long term strategy.

Asshole Nintendo makes better games than non- competing Nintendo.
    I'd take a lot of Sega's IP over Nintendo's. Virtua Fighter, Daytona (all of AM2's racers), Altered Beast, Panzer Dragoon, Golden Axe, etc. Great stuff. I miss Sega.

Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    This quote is very apt "moves to companies that provide his gaming needs and abandons ones that don't".

I've owned all Nintendo's consoles, barring the Virtual Boy, because they offered me games I wanted to play (I've also owned most of Sega's, Sony's and Microsoft's too!). The Switch came along and offers me nothing. The first party efforts on Wii U were all rushed to market. Nintendo isn't my friend, I don't particulary like them, but they offered me something no one else did and that was enough to take my money. They're not in that position any more. I don't like the direction of the new Zelda, Mario is getting Tired, Mario Kart is a port and there's currently no Metroid.
    drew79 and golgo13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    This quote is very apt "moves to companies that provide his gaming needs and abandons ones that don't".

I've owned all Nintendo's consoles, barring the Virtual Boy, because they offered me games I wanted to play (I've also owned most of Sega's, Sony's and Microsoft's too!). The Switch came along and offers me nothing. The first party efforts on Wii U were all rushed to market. Nintendo isn't my friend, I don't particulary like them, but they offered me something no one else did and that was enough to take my money. They're not in that position any more. I don't like the direction of the new Zelda, Mario is getting Tired, Mario Kart is a port and there's currently no Metroid.
    The future looks bleak indeed.
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

I'd take a lot of Sega's IP over Nintendo's. Virtua Fighter, Daytona (all of AM2's racers), Altered Beast, Panzer Dragoon, Golden Axe, etc. Great stuff. I miss Sega.
    Didn't you recently say in this same thread that Nintendo's IPs are second to none? lol

Didn't you recently say in this same thread that Nintendo's IPs are second to none? lol

Yep.. active IPs. Sega's are lost forever I'm afraid

Nintendo's are better than Microsoft's and WAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than Sony's. There is not a single Sony IP I'm excited about.
    Last edited by golgo13; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:51 AM.

As others have said even if Nintendo's hardware has no or very little appeal to me what so ever, their games are still awesome...

Granted none of those games are here right now, but I'm assuming they will come eventually.
    Death and golgo13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    As others have said even if Nintendo's hardware has no or very little appeal to me what so ever, their games are still awesome...

Granted none of those games are here right now, but I'm assuming they will come eventually.
    I was saying the same thing during the beginning of the Wii U generation. They never came. I'm not sure I'm counting on them this time.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Oh sure.

I'm always a bit non-plussed when people say how rich Nintendo is in IP. Sure, I guess they are, but compared to SEGA? Not even close.

Something that struck me is that a lot of the games Nintendo gets credit for they didn't actually make.

NES had Ninja Gaiden 1-3. Made by Tecmo. Genesis had Shinobi 1-3 and Shadow Dancer, made by SEGA. Nintendo had Double Dragon 1-3 and Final Fight, a weak arcade port, and Final Fight Guy. Made by Tradewest/Technos and Capcom.

SEGA had Streets of Rage 1-3, Alien Storm, and Golden Axe 1-3. All were 2 player. And made by SEGA.

Nintendo had Rad Racer and RC Pro am. I think Rare made RCPM. Meanwhile SEGA made Outrun, Super Hang On and Super Monaco GP.

Konami made Top Gun for NES, a game that's generally considered crap. SEGA had Afterburner and Super Thunderblade.

I could probably go on and on but I won't.

Point being, a lot of Nintendo's cache is based on third party efforts, not what they actually made in-house.

SEGA, as far as I understand it, recognized the consumers wanted certain types of games and did their best to respond to that.

Does Nintendo do that, even now?

Before I get any flack for comparing the Genesis to the NES, the Genesis launched 2 years before the SNES so direct comparisons are fair IMO.

And SEGA took on the SNES very competitively. I think that deserves a lot of respect.

And Altered Beast is pretty underrated IMO.

Everyone laughs at the "wise fwom your grawve! " But the rest of the game is a very solid arcade port.
    Mr_Nick666, golgo13, jpd01 and 1 others like this.
    Lunkhead.

I was saying the same thing during the beginning of the Wii U generation. They never came. I'm not sure I'm counting on them this time.
    Agreed.

The Wii U hardware offered something I thought was cool though. Playing ZombiU was enough incentive to get me to buy one on day one. With Switch I don't care about portability very much, so the hardware doesn't sell me. That means I'll be waiting for the games this time. If they come swell! If not, well I still have my $300.
    Mr_Nick666 and golgo13 like this.

Agreed.

The Wii U hardware offered something I thought was cool though. Playing ZombiU was enough incentive to get me to buy one on day one. With Switch I don't care about portability very much, so the hardware doesn't sell me. That means I'll be waiting for the games this time. If they come swell! If not, well I still have my $300.
    Smart man, I was weak and bought one anyways. Now the waiting game begins for worthwhile games.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

Something that struck me is that a lot of the games Nintendo gets credit for they didn't actually make.
    Kinda like how you give Nintendo credit for Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SweetCosmicPope PSN ID: SweetCosmicPope Steam ID: SweetCosmicPope
    It's hard for me to say "stick with," because I'm not a brand whore. I play the systems that have the games I want to play. Currently, I have all of the current-gen systems because they all have stuff I want to play. That being said, I haven't skipped on a Nintendo system yet, because I greatly prefer their games. Mario and Zelda are must-haves for me, so if I have a choice between that and whatever is on offer from Sony or Microsoft, those other companies have a very tough sell.
    savinghyrule likes this.

Some where in between your dreams and nightmares!
    For me personally. It's because of their IPs. If Sega was in the hardware business. I would feel the same way towards them. Part of it is nostalgia and part of it is they make quality fun addictive games. Also back in the day, a system was mainly looked at by its First party titles, not 3rd party multiplats. So I'm just stuck in my old school ways.
    drew79 and megamanultra like this.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    just out of curiosity, why did you create this thread? do you lay awake in bed wondering why people who are on the shittiest selling nintendo system board stick with nintendo? or do you think you are beginning to love nintendo and want to see if your feelings are normal?

i know i pick on you all of the time, and i'm not trying to pick on you now, but i just genuinely want to know what value the responses in here bring to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post

Well, he's been constantly running and jumping to save that darned woman for the past 36 years.

At least we know for a fact a good free roaming 3D Mario is coming.
    golgo13 likes this.

At least we know for a fact a good free roaming 3D Mario is coming.
    This was the thing that probably pushed me over the edge to buy the damn thing. I'm not sure Nintendo would have won me back so soon if Mario didn't looks so damn good.
    WoodenSaucer and drew79 like this.

Nintendo NID
    link_16_hit
    Other Gamer IDs

Steam ID: link16hit
    I am a PC & Nintendo gamer. I play what I want to play. I've fun playing sonic on PC (a port of genesis ver), or on emulator some japanese game like Fire Emblem 4. I played a lot on the N64 with Mario Party 2 or Goldeneye!

now I'm stuck with ton of game I need to finish
    WoodenSaucer and megamanultra like this.
    3DS FC:1676-3708-5129 Sadly waiting for 7th Dragon III code: VFD and Maybe MHX
    games I'm playing : Lufia I, Etrian Odyssey 4, MH4U, Kamidori Alchemy Meister
    games I'll play after I finished some : Lufia II, continue 7th Dragon and 2020,

This was the thing that probably pushed me over the edge to buy the damn thing. I'm not sure Nintendo would have won me back so soon if Mario didn't looks so damn good.
    Other than Zelda, that's the only other game I really care about that we know is coming. My boys will like ARMS, Splatoon 2, and maybe Xenoblade 2. But I've already played Skyrim, and Mario is about all I'm personally interested in. Hopefully we hear about more upcoming games at E3. Not holding my breath, though. It's more than likely going to be a bunch of new information about games we already know about, and maybe some indies we don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_16_hit View Post
    I am a PC & Nintendo gamer. I play what I want to play. I've fun playing sonic on PC (a port of genesis ver), or on emulator some japanese game like Fire Emblem 4. I played a lot on the N64 with Mario Party 2 or Goldeneye!

now I'm stuck with ton of game I need to finish
    Yeah, that's me, too. Unless you're into Madden and/or Sony exclusives, PC + Nintendo is the way to go.
    megamanultra and Kennyj like this.

Other than Zelda, that's the only other game I really care about that we know is coming. My boys will like ARMS, Splatoon 2, and maybe Xenoblade 2. But I've already played Skyrim, and Mario is about all I'm personally interested in. Hopefully we hear about more upcoming games at E3. Not holding my breath, though. It's more than likely going to be a bunch of new information about games we already know about, and maybe some indies we don't know about.
    I'd be stunned if we don't hear about Metroid. And at some point Retro's game has to come out right?

Nintendo NID
    BOBIROC
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BOBIROC Steam ID: BOBIROC
    I find their games fun to play. That is all. The same applies for pretty much all game publishers no matter the platform.
    drew79 likes this.
    I brought the Awesome. What did you bring?

Switch Friend Code
    - 2893-9606-9975
    NintendoID (Wii U) - bobiroc
    XBLive GamerTag - bobiroc
    SteamID - bobiroc
    3DS Friend Code - 1134-7717-4295
    Super Mario Run Player ID - 7352-6985-2096
    Anyone sensing a pattern here?

Because Nintendo are the only ones that make fun games.
    You will never see anything resembling Mario, Zelda, Kirby or Pokémon on any other systems.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT

Nintendo NID
    SpareChnge
    I like Nintendo and their games. I have not played a grand theft auto since 3, and i am not missing it. I'm ok with that. I have not played CoD since, Black Ops 1, they have flooded the market. Assassin's Creed, while being on a Nintendo system, I still have not played a single one. Too many games on other systems that are too similar. There really wasn't a variety there. As I grow older in my gaming years, I know what I want to play, Nintendo delivers that.

Other than these words, I fell I don't have to solidify why I like playing Nintendo and their games.

It's fun.

That's all I need.

Now to find some more Korok Seeds.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Kinda like how you give Nintendo credit for Hyrule Warriors

Sure. It was their original creation. They handed off the Zelda series to Capcom for a lot of the handhelds, and Grezzo for the remakes. They also gave Rare/Retro a shot to further develop their IP with Metroid and DK to make them relevant again.

There is nothing wrong with delegating as long as quality games roll out in a timely fashion.

SEGA didn't delegate for the most part as I understand it, they developed in-house. That led to more consistency IMO.

Nintendo directly asked SEGA to make FZERO GX, generally considered the best in the series, because SEGA excelled at fast paced arcade games.

Likewise, Nintendo asked Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that was action oriented and might find a broader audience. That isn't a bad thing. Asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of wisdom. Auonoma recognized he couldn't make a compelling action heavy Zelda game and asked for help. And like it or not, HW was a huge success.

It's a Nintendo IP as interpreted by an outside agency. It was a breath of fresh air and IMO lead to BotW focusing more on combat than Japanese goofiness. Incidentally, BotW got a lot of help from Monolith.

HW IS a game from a Nintendo IP, created and supervised by the producer of the LoZ series and with his oversight and blessing.

You can be stubborn and a hater all you want, but if Minish Cap, the Oracle games and Four Swords "don't count" because of arbitrary BS reasons that you made up, well, that's on you.

If you want to apply those standards than go ahead. But I think you are being silly, not unlike those people who say LoZ 2 isn't a "real" Zelda game.

At a certain point it's just nonsensical.

HW is a Nintendo published game made with their blessing, permission and cooperation. I think that says it all.
    Mr_Nick666 likes this.
    Lunkhead.

Likewise, Nintendo asked Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that was action oriented and might find a broader audience. That isn't a bad thing. Asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of wisdom. Auonoma recognized he couldn't make a compelling action heavy Zelda game and asked for help. And like it or not, HW was a huge success.
    I think Koei Tecmo approached Nintendo with the idea. Not the other way around.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I think Koei Tecmo approached Nintendo with the idea. Not the other way around.
    Does that really make a difference? Nintendo thought it sounded legit, and helped make it. It's a Zelda game. Not the Zelda game you wanted, but the one, well, you know the rest.

It heralded the end of wuss Zelda. After 20 years or so, Zelda might be back on track.
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    Does that really make a difference? Nintendo thought it sounded legit, and helped make it. It's a Zelda game. Not the Zelda game you wanted, but the one, well, you know the rest.

It heralded the end of wuss Zelda. After 20 years or so, Zelda might be back on track.
    actually, the end of wuss link

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrob View Post
    actually, the end of wuss link
    Good point.

Anyways, the series swung away from say Enya and Depeche Mode and Barney and more towards...well, not Motörhead, but maybe Aerosmith when they were good? Or Led Zeppelin?

The series needed to re-gain its edge after losing it for long.
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jrb363 PSN ID: jrb363 Steam ID: jrb363
    Honestly, I don't really have any interest in picking up a Switch right now so, for me, the Wii U will be my final Nintendo console for a long while.

But what a system it is though! Despite lacking 3rd parties and having a frustrating online system the 1st party titles were all top-notch from Nintendo. Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, LoZ: BotW, DK: Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade, etc. It really reminds me of the Dreamcast in the best way possible.

I will say that my favorite game on the Wii U is Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. I just can't stop playing it. It is, for me, one of the best side-scrolling games of all time. The music from David Wise is nothing short of spectacular and really helps draw me into each level more than any game I've ever played. (Xenoblade Chronicles is close but open world + soundtracks don't go together in quite the same way)

Anyway...I will be sticking with Nintendo. Just not their current system. I plan on getting a 2nd Wii U so the kids can start to enjoy gaming from a more family friendly environment and keep my original since it has so many memories.
    Kahhhhyle and drew79 like this.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    Good point.

Anyways, the series swung away from say Enya and Depeche Mode and Barney and more towards...well, not Motörhead, but maybe Aerosmith when they were good? Or Led Zeppelin?

The series needed to re-gain its edge after losing it for long.
    drew, come on. depeche mode is not the same level as enya or barney. they have a lot of good stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast