Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Why do some of you stick with Nintendo?

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldatrek View Post
    Why would you choose small fries over 10 piece chicken bites?

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Also after getting back on my ps4 more again I see where the pure console crowd is coming from. Yes it would be awesome to basically have a Nintendo x86 box with almost the level of third party support ps4 has with Nintendo exclusives

But then there wouldn't be any hybrid for folks that want it.

Truth be told I wouldn't mind an x86 box, I'd definitely buy it. But I love portable tech do something like switch hits home with me. But I do see the points where people should be able to have one console and play a lot of games on it.

However as the current situation stands I say ps4 is an amazing alternative to a Nintendo box, it does what switchdon't as a TV console. There's no Nintendo games but ps4 has its own up it's sleeve that are legitimately great.
    I wish they would have done it like some of us (especially Darth) were speculating. They could have had a powerful console and a separate handheld. The same games could work on both, only scaled down on the handheld, like how PS4 Pro games scale down to original PS4. That way, the ones of us who wanted a powerful console could have it, and the ones of us who prefer mobile could have that.

But they chose to go the other route and try to cram it all into one 6-inch tablet. It is what it is, and we all have to live with it. At least the mobile people are very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
    Seriously, you are seeing confrontation that doesn't exist. At least from me. Stick around.
    This.

Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ArcticEagle21

Seriously, you are seeing confrontation that doesn't exist. At least from me. Stick around.
    You literally called me a troll over me explaining that a switch will miss more games than a ps4 missing just Nintendo games. And it wasn't in the context of walking into a pro switch site and preaching about the almighty ps4 obviously
    drew79 and golgo13 like this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Why would you choose small fries over 10 piece chicken bites?

I wish they would have done it like some of us (especially Darth) were speculating. They could have had a powerful console and a separate handheld. The same games could work on both, only scaled down on the handheld, like how PS4 Pro games scale down to original PS4. That way, the ones of us who wanted a powerful console could have it, and the ones of us who prefer mobile could have that.

But they chose to go the other route and try to cram it all into one 6-inch tablet. It is what it is, and we all have to live with it. At least the mobile people are very happy.

This.
    Nintendo's vision is that everything is in one place. The handheld and console split you could argue that it would be more expensive to buy both platforms than just one switch. What you are suggesting is very similar.to the Vita and ps4/ps3, there are games that release on both Vita and the consoles and you can transfer saves back and forth, and the consoles get all.the big third party stuff. However you have to have two platforms to make use of this "hybrid" functionality. And in Nintendo's case I doubt they'd have every single one of their own games on both platforms as they have to have exclusives for both to sell them right?

Not trying to fight,
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

Nintendo's vision is that everything is in one place. The handheld and console split you could argue that it would be more expensive to buy both platforms than just one switch. What you are suggesting is very similar.to the Vita and ps4/ps3, there are games that release on both Vita and the consoles and you can transfer saves back and forth, and the consoles get all.the big third party stuff. However you have to have two platforms to make use of this "hybrid" functionality. And in Nintendo's case I doubt they'd have every single one of their own games on both platforms as they have to have exclusives for both to sell them right?

Not trying to fight,
    What I'm suggesting is like Nintendo's very own Wii U and 3DS, only a lot better because they would be able to play the same games. It would be more expensive, but you wouldn't be required to buy both. The way it is now, I'm required to buy a handheld even though I don't want one. Just let people choose what they want. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would buy both.

But it doesn't matter anyway because that's not what they did.
    golgo13 likes this.

What I'm suggesting is like Nintendo's very own Wii U and 3DS, only a lot better because they would be able to play the same games. It would be more expensive, but you wouldn't be required to buy both. The way it is now, I'm required to buy a handheld even though I don't want one. Just let people choose what they want. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would buy both.

But it doesn't matter anyway because that's not what they did.
    That would have been ideal. This thing's mobility novelty is terribly under utilized in my home.
    drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Not trying to fight,
    If Nintendo actually does release all their games for one platform it'll be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    If Nintendo actually does release all their games for one platform it'll be awesome.
    But there's still that darned 3DS out there drowning in all those new games.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

The forced mobility thing is something I've admitted to in the past where I have said that if you weld it to the dock then you are overpaying for the system as you aren't using the screen and battery it came with

It would be like if all the PC gaming in the world magically became laptops and you were forced to get a gaming laptop that costs way more per performance than a desktop even though you were gonna be glued to a desk and comfy chair anyways.

Got to burn through all of those Wii U ports before they can start charging us for deluxe editions of 3DS games. It will happen though.
    Mr_Nick666, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    Got to burn through all of those Wii U ports before they can start charging us for deluxe editions of 3DS games. It will happen though.
    yea the ports of the 3ds ports of wiiU games

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrob View Post
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aMarioFan64 Steam ID: ECOCKPIT89
    NNID: eCockpit
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Most of them are third party man and whatever Nintendo does make it's nowhere near the effort it took when the 3ds was in it's prime. When 2016 ended so did the 3ds's golden run and now it's the budget affordable option with a huge backlog and some new stuff.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

How do you think they'll handle the 2 screens and touch screen stuff?

Now that you mention it, when they port Smash over, it will probably be the 3DS version.
    ohmyrob likes this.

3DS is far from dead. It's getting a Fire Emblem game soon, a full Kirby game in the holiday season, and very likely the 2018 Pokemon game (remember, DS got support into 2012).

And with 3DS II releasing in late 2018/early 2019, the handheld market will be stronger than ever!
    golgo13 and SuperLuigi like this.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3997-7816-3766

3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

3DS needs to die. If they're still dedicating 10 mins of a direct to 3DS in 2019 I'll be pissed.
    Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jw224 View Post
    3DS needs to die. If they're still dedicating 10 mins of a direct to 3DS in 2019 I'll be pissed.
    They won't do that but you don't have to miss out on the mighty 3ds

Nintendo 2DS New Super Mario Bros 2 Console - Nintendo 3DS/2DS/DS UK

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    3DS is far from dead. It's getting a Fire Emblem game soon, a full Kirby game in the holiday season, and very likely the 2018 Pokemon game (remember, DS got support into 2012).

And with 3DS II releasing in late 2018/early 2019, the handheld market will be stronger than ever!
    Especially since they have two handhelds on the market.

Especially since they have two handhelds on the market.
    One handheld and one hybrid

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    riseBLUEsun
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: riseBLUEsun
    Aonuma's Zelda games being compared to Joel Schumacher's Batman movies is the biggest load of crap I've read on the forums in a while. No offense, but come on man.
    Zeldatrek, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    Quote Originally Posted by riseBLUEsun View Post
    Aonuma's Zelda games being compared to Joel Schumacher's Batman movies is the biggest load of crap I've read on the forums in a while. No offense, but come on man.
    It's almost as if people have different tastes and opinions. I don't get the reference since I don't like watching movies (anything scripted on TV is pretty boring to me) but if that analogy means the latest 3D Zeldas sucked, then I agree. Breath of the Wild removed so much cliche Zelda ideas and actually made a fun game with no linearity and very little hand holding. The formula needed to change.

Quote Originally Posted by capnjazz View Post
    It's almost as if people have different tastes and opinions. I don't get the reference since I don't like watching movies (anything scripted on TV is pretty boring to me) but if that analogy means the latest 3D Zeldas sucked, then I agree. Breath of the Wild removed so much cliche Zelda ideas and actually made a fun game with no linearity and very little hand holding. The formula needed to change.
    They took out the cliche Zelda ideas and added Koroks.

Lots and lots of Koroks

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    They took out the cliche Zelda ideas and added Koroks.

Lots and lots of Koroks
    And by taking away the linearity, handholding and "save 3 sages and do 8 dungeons" formula, it ended up being the best received Zelda in almost 20 years.

Nintendo NID
    riseBLUEsun
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: riseBLUEsun
    People having different opinions wasn't the issue. The comparison was what I have a problem with. And seriously, Aonuma has been a part of the Zelda series since OoT, and you guys think every title since sucks? To each his own.
    drew79 likes this.

And by taking away the linearity, handholding and "save 3 sages and do 8 dungeons" formula, it ended up being the best received Zelda in almost 20 years.
    Hey I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm in the teeny tiny minority and that I probably won't get another Zelda game that made me love the series again... Where was I going with that?

I'll be over here crying.
    Mr_Nick666, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

I do find it odd that Zelda went from a vision of completely open world but took many games to get back to that. But I enjoyed the games I played before botw anyways. I just don't see them as the same types of games since they aren't the sandbox open world games you can mess around in like botw.
    Last edited by Glacier; 04-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Other Gamer IDs

Well it's about time I closed up shop, all I wanted to do was defend myself from people who didn't bother properly reading any of my posts.

Goodbye.

Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Hey I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm in the teeny tiny minority and that I probably won't get another Zelda game that made me love the series again... Where was I going with that?

I'll be over here crying.
    We can cry together!

Well it's about time I closed up shop, all I wanted to do was defend myself from people who didn't bother properly reading any of my posts.

Goodbye.
    Erm. Bye? If we all had the same opinions on things nothing would ever change. Just keep being yourself. Life's motto: "Non illegitimi carborundum".
    Kahhhhyle, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae

Why do some of you stick with Nintendo?

i feel like glacier threw a candy bar in a pool with this thread and walked away.
    my take on it: why do any of us care what the other does with his or her money? who. cares. what you people do is none of my business. also, starting a thread to prove a point... twist anything any way you want and i'm sure you'll get whatever it is you needed out of it. like a piece of paper. you can use it to write ideas down, or into a ball to throw at your sister's head.
    at the end of the day it's also ok to have multiple opinions of 1 company. stating that a company is all good or all bad really doesn't take into account all their decisions to your life. it's like voting, you should be critical not only of the opposition party but of your own.
    and no, i don't read what you write because i like monologuing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

Sony doesn't have smash bros.

Once last of us 2 is out though things turn different....
    heimbachae likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I don't see myself replaying Breath of the Wild like I do with other Zelda games.
    It doesn't have that Zelda charm.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Goodbye.
    I don't think anybody misread your posts.
    Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.

It's great now. Now it's changed up to "do 4 dungeons and save 4 champions." Instead of going on a collectathon for 12 Tears of Light, you get to go on a collectathon for 120 shrines and 900 Korok seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by jw224 View Post
    I don't think anybody misread your posts.
    He said goodbye at the beginning of this and came back after a day. He'll be back.
    Dustin and drew79 like this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I will be really depressed if the rest of the Zelda games will be like Breath of the Wild.
    It really doesn't feel like a Zelda game.
    Dustin and Mr_Nick666 like this.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTLG View Post
    I will be really depressed if the rest of the Zelda games will be like Breath of the Wild.
    It really doesn't feel like a Zelda game.
    I'm somewhat with you on that. I don't want every LoZ to be just like Horsey Zelda because that'll end up being just as boring as what they were doing before, which was just regurgitating the same old nonsense over and over.

Unfortunately they seem to be taking the wrong lesson from the great sales of BotW, and to a lesser extent HW. I think a lot people just wanted the Zelda series to try something new (in a way) and that's why sales were strong. The series had gotten stale af.

So instead of seeing the sales of HW and concluding people want more combat oriented Zelda, Nintendo concludes we want more DW games, which I think is erroneous. With BotW, we got less linearity and hand holding and Nintendo thinks it did well because it was open world.

That certainly helped, as did being the only Switch game currently worth a damn, but I think Nintendo is missing the point.

Maybe people don't want a lot of BS and just want to explore a cave and fight monsters.

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Anyways, it was my genuine pleasure to compare some LoZ to Schumacher Batman. I think it's accurate, in the sense that the guy in charge figured if he just threw all the things people expected to see into a box it would turn out well.
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    ohmyrob
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
    i feel like glacier threw a candy bar in a pool with this thread and walked away.
    my take on it: why do any of us care what the other does with his or her money? who. cares. what you people do is none of my business. also, starting a thread to prove a point... twist anything any way you want and i'm sure you'll get whatever it is you needed out of it. like a piece of paper. you can use it to write ideas down, or into a ball to throw at your sister's head.
    at the end of the day it's also ok to have multiple opinions of 1 company. stating that a company is all good or all bad really doesn't take into account all their decisions to your life. it's like voting, you should be critical not only of the opposition party but of your own.
    and no, i don't read what you write because i like monologuing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i mean it was probably a piece of shit in the pool. instead of buying a candy bar he would emulate it with higher graphics and then throw money to the emulators. or maybe he would have purchased another $80 2ds since there is more value in it.
    drew79, heimbachae and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule

Nintendo stated awhile ago that the reason the hybrid idea appeals to them is because it halves the time and cost of game development by putting everything on one platform. Once the 3DS is phased out, their vision with Switch will become much more realized.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    Nintendo stated awhile ago that the reason the hybrid idea appeals to them is because it halves the time and cost of game development by putting everything on one platform. Once the 3DS is phased out, their vision with Switch will become much more realized.
    It would be the same with the way I was talking about. They only need to develop one SDK/API where a game can be programmed once, and scaled to the hardware. That's exactly what MS and Sony are doing right now.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

It would be the same with the way I was talking about. They only need to develop one SDK/API where a game can be programmed once, and scaled to the hardware. That's exactly what MS and Sony are doing right now.
    Then we'd be back to two Nintendo options. Since the Switch has been a thing, going back to dedicated home consoles and dedicated handhelds seems SOOOO 2016

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Then we'd be back to two Nintendo options. Since the Switch has been a thing, going back to dedicated home consoles and dedicated handhelds seems SOOOO 2016

I've heard the idea that the Switch Mini, if that's going to happen, could essentially be a Switch you can't dock, but plays all the same games as regular Switch. That's so stupid it's brilliant. Nintendo gets a console and a handheld and they run the same software.

Japan gets a handheld, every one else gets a home console, and Nintendo only has to make one game to cover both, plus it's not region locked, so if they don't want to port Toilet Adventures from Japan they don't have to but savinghyrule can still buy it.

Personally, I'd rather see a Switch that drops the portable aspect and the stupid HD Rumble in favor of a price drop, a pack in game and either a pro controller or a charging grip.

If Nintendo doesn't have one of these waiting in the wings, I'd say they have at least considered it, they'd be dumb not to.

It's very consistent with how they have treated their handhelds in recent years, and are starting to do with software. Offer a game, than sell another updated version for full price and watch the money roll in. The 3DS versionsand WiiU ports, especially one game in particular, prove this is where their collective head is at.

They want you to buy a game, than buy it again because this new version is portable, or supports Amiibo, or has features that really should have been in the original...whatever, it doesn't matter because some people will do it.

I've seen the argument that offering a version of the Switch that is either/or defeats the purpose of the name "Switch" but I'm not sure I agree with that if you look at it from a software perspective. You can Switch your gameplay style by simply moving the cart, correct?

Bait and Switch.
    Lunkhead.

I've just come to the realization that I'm never going to get anything I want out of Nintendo, other than a good Zelda game every 6 years.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I've just come to the realization that I'm never going to get anything I want out of Nintendo, other than a good Zelda game every 6 years.
    Well, it took me longer than that, so I guess a winner is you?
    Lunkhead.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

And you'll just blame your family wanting the Switch for any other situation you find yourself enjoying the Switch in amirite

And you'll just blame your family wanting the Switch for any other situation you find yourself enjoying the Switch in amirite

Exactly!

I have to admit, though, they did a good job with that Pro Controller.

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Exactly!

I have to admit, though, they did a good job with that Pro Controller.
    If that's your silver lining than that sucks.
    Lunkhead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123