Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 1901
Like Tree1601Likes

Thread: BotW impressions.

  1. #1851
    Senior Member jpd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,227
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: jpd0184
    drew79 and hbeb9786 like this.

    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

    Gammechick made me do this.


    Nintendo Id: jpaton09


  2. #1852
    Ultimate Switch Insider FlamingFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    4,491
    Nintendo NID
    BlazeDog
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kippykipp Steam ID: flaminfury
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    Loved reading this mate. I hate how Nintendo get away with evrything and Fan boys just over look the obvious and the facts then trash the original concept.

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk
    ?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!​​​​​​
    Feel free to add me (just let tell me your forum username so I know who you are):
    NNID: BlazeDog | 3DS (FC):
    0860-3362-4053

  3. #1853
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFury View Post
    ?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    !

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

  4. #1854
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    !

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk
    #@$&!

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  5. #1855
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    #@$&!

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Settle down mate

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

  6. #1856
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFury View Post
    Ok so the thing about Hyrule Warriors that infuriates me is that it plays exactly like a Dynasty Warriors game just with a Zelda skin - Zelda enemies, characters, animations etc.

    If Dynasty Warriors wasn't a thing I'd probably call Hyrule Warriors a Zelda game. But it is a thing. Which is why it's a Warriors game with Zelda elements. Not the other way round. Nintendo themselves call it a spinoff. Like Link's Crossbow Training, except on a much bigger scale. If anything, it's more akin to Mario and Rabbids and how that isn't a Mario game in the sense of Mario 64 or New Super Mario Bros.


    Also Super Luigi isn't a Mario game. It's a standalone expansion pack. With the invention of DLC I understand if you've forgotten about expansion packs. It was like the only one in the past decade

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    A game shouldn't infuriate you, matey. Wait, is that pirate or Australian? Either way, we are moving on. I'd say you are worrying about this too much. Dynasty Warriors doesn't invalidate HW, not at all. It's a beautiful union. How did John Dunne put it? "No man is an island, complete unto himself?" Something like that. Previous Zelda games have thrown in chain chomps, goombas, and I think Wart was in a game. Hell, Capcom made a couple. If not for Capcom, fewer games. Embrace the change and enjoy it for what it is, you'll be much happier once you drop your hangups.

    Crossbow Training is about $1 here, which probably means it's $30 in your part of the world. Great, goofy fun! I highly recommend it for what it is, sort of an epilogue to Twilight Princess.

    With NSLU, it's also great fun. I saw it as a spiritual sequel to the Japanese Super Mario 2, but given a slight update. It's hard mode, and once you learn the challenges, the flow is actually quite beautiful. Plus once you beat it you can play as Mario. Good stuff.

    I'd like to recommend Excitebots for the Wii if you haven't tried it yet. I believe it's on the Wiiu eshop, and it's great fun. I'm not sure where it fits in with he Excitebike/ExciteTruck timeline or chronology, but maybe you can enjoy it nonetheless.

    Seriously, it's a fantastic game.
    Lunkhead.

  7. #1857
    Ultimate Switch Insider FlamingFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    4,491
    Nintendo NID
    BlazeDog
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kippykipp Steam ID: flaminfury
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    A game shouldn't infuriate you, matey. Wait, is that pirate or Australian? Either way, we are moving on. I'd say you are worrying about this too much. Dynasty Warriors doesn't invalidate HW, not at all. It's a beautiful union. How did John Dunne put it? "No man is an island, complete unto himself?" Something like that. Previous Zelda games have thrown in chain chomps, goombas, and I think Wart was in a game. Hell, Capcom made a couple. If not for Capcom, fewer games. Embrace the change and enjoy it for what it is, you'll be much happier once you drop your hangups.

    Crossbow Training is about $1 here, which probably means it's $30 in your part of the world. Great, goofy fun! I highly recommend it for what it is, sort of an epilogue to Twilight Princess.

    With NSLU, it's also great fun. I saw it as a spiritual sequel to the Japanese Super Mario 2, but given a slight update. It's hard mode, and once you learn the challenges, the flow is actually quite beautiful. Plus once you beat it you can play as Mario. Good stuff.

    I'd like to recommend Excitebots for the Wii if you haven't tried it yet. I believe it's on the Wiiu eshop, and it's great fun. I'm not sure where it fits in with he Excitebike/ExciteTruck timeline or chronology, but maybe you can enjoy it nonetheless.

    Seriously, it's a fantastic game.

    Hyrule Warriors doesn't infuriate me. People on this forum talking about it do.
    I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!​​​​​​
    Feel free to add me (just let tell me your forum username so I know who you are):
    NNID: BlazeDog | 3DS (FC):
    0860-3362-4053

  8. #1858
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFury View Post
    Hyrule Warriors doesn't infuriate me. People on this forum talking about it do.
    Why is that? It's a valid game with a lot of fans. Maybe it's not for you, but that shouldn't mean others can't enjoy it.
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    Lunkhead.

  9. #1859
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFury View Post
    Hyrule Warriors doesn't infuriate me. People on this forum talking about it do.
    I find on here a lot of people talk about a game from Nintendo likes it's the best thing since sliced bread, over looking the fact the game is not original and ripped of a better more polished version of itself.

  10. #1860
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,972
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    I find on here a lot of people talk about a game from Nintendo likes it's the best thing since sliced bread, over looking the fact the game is not original and ripped of a better more polished version of itself.
    Well, it IS a Nintendo forum. So, of course people will be biased.
    I'm sure if you went on a Sony or Xbox forum, you would find biased opinions there as well.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  11. #1861
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I'm biased towards SEGA.
    Mr_Nick666 likes this.
    Lunkhead.

  12. #1862
    Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,005
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    I'm biased towards SEGA.
    so you like things that were cool like 20 years ago but crashed and burned a long time ago and are basically a shell of the company they once were?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

  13. #1863
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,972
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I don't understand why the Mario and Sonic fanbase are so hostile against each other?
    Both are on the same platform, and they even have a game together!
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  14. #1864
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    33,407
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
    so you like things that were cool like 20 years ago but crashed and burned a long time ago and are basically a shell of the company they once were?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He must just really like Sonic.
    FlamingFury likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  15. #1865
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
    so you like things that were cool like 20 years ago but crashed and burned a long time ago and are basically a shell of the company they once were?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drew79 and heimbachae like this.

  16. #1866
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    For me, it's like appreciating a really good old album. Black Sabbath isn't really around anymore, but Paranoid still holds up. And you can play pretty much any SEGA game even now and it's still solid. They might be past their prime, with their best days behind them, but SEGA certainly made a mark.

    Heimbachae is just trying to stir me up.
    Mr_Nick666 and heimbachae like this.
    Lunkhead.

  17. #1867
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    2,561
    There's no skool like old skool! It was all about playability back then.
    drew79 likes this.

  18. #1868
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    There's no skool like old skool! It was all about playability back then.
    Apparently Sonic Mania is really good. Maybe SEGA will take the hint if it sells well. I'd like a new Outrun or Space Harrier.
    Lunkhead.

  19. #1869
    Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,005
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    i own a dreamcast, chill out bra :P


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    inquire within

  20. #1870
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Apparently Sonic Mania is really good. Maybe SEGA will take the hint if it sells well. I'd like a new Outrun or Space Harrier.
    I want a sequel to Alien Isolation.

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

  21. #1871
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
    i own a dreamcast, chill out bra :P


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    heimbachae likes this.

  22. #1872
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    Me too

    Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

  23. #1873
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    It is a game that has been outsold by Arms and that should tell you enough...

  24. #1874
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    It is a game that has been outsold by Arms and that should tell you enough...
    once again, wrong as usual
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  25. #1875
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    once again, wrong as usual
    lol...

  26. #1876
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    lol...
    you so silly
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  27. #1877
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    you so silly
    no you are...

  28. #1878
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    no you are...
    i know
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  29. #1879
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    i know
    Good. finally we agree.

  30. #1880
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    It is a game that has been outsold by Arms and that should tell you enough...
    So ARMS has legs?
    Lunkhead.

  31. #1881
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    So ARMS has legs?
    you no I think not. Don't the characters just sorta float on a pivot point? like a spinning top?

  32. #1882
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    So ARMS has legs?
    does the hand from adams family count as an arm having legs but with fingers
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  33. #1883
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    does the hand from adams family count as an arm having legs but with fingers
    no THING does not have finger legs.

  34. #1884
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    no THING does not have finger legs.
    it has finger legs, it walks with fingers,its finger legs

    #Fingerlegs
    hbeb9786 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  35. #1885
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    it has finger legs, it walks with fingers,its finger legs

    #Fingerlegs
    I guess it really depends if thing is actually a Hand or is a creature that looks like a hand.... If the latter then they may be legs that he has and not fingers...

  36. #1886
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    IMG_0680.jpg

    Don't assume his species!
    savinghyrule and GameNChick like this.
    Lunkhead.

  37. #1887
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91,223
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    IMG_0680.jpg

    Don't assume his species!
    omg you're right, that was insensitive of us
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  38. #1888
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    IMG_0680.jpg

    Don't assume his species!
    cute

  39. #1889
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    cute
    Great movie.

    The original movie is good too, as is the story it's based on, Who goes There? It's about fear and distrust and isolation. Metroid owes some elements to that.
    Lunkhead.

  40. #1890
    Pony 4 Life hbeb9786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,471
    Nintendo NID
    SW-1719-7432-8305
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hbeb9786
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Great movie.

    The original movie is good too, as is the story it's based on, Who goes There? It's about fear and distrust and isolation. Metroid owes some elements to that.
    the adams Family? You no "Doc from back to the future is in it? amazing.

  41. #1891
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,972
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    When is the next Zelda game coming out?
    I'm used to yearly releases now.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  42. #1892
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeb9786 View Post
    the adams Family? You no "Doc from back to the future is in it? amazing.
    The Thing.
    Lunkhead.

  43. #1893
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,972
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Wind Waker HD 2013
    A Link Between Worlds 2013
    Hyrule Warriors 2014
    Majora's Mask 3D 2015
    Tri Force Heroes 2015
    Twilight Princess HD 2016
    Breath of the Wild 2017
    Skyward Sword HD 2018?
    WoodenSaucer likes this.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  44. #1894
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wind Waker HD 2013
    A Link Between Worlds 2013
    Hyrule Warriors 2014
    Majora's Mask 3D 2015
    Tri Force Heroes 2015
    Twilight Princess HD 2016
    Breath of the Wild 2017
    Skyward Sword HD 2018?
    That list is largely remakes.

    IMG_0496.JPG
    Lunkhead.

  45. #1895
    Loafer Lemony Iced Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,130
    Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NewbCentra1
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    That list is largely remakes.

    IMG_0496.JPG
    Only half are? One's non-existent too.

    But anyway, I'd love to see SSHD. Knowing Nintendo, they'll make SSSD instead. *New* Nintendo 2DS bundle exclusive.

    Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Wii U NNID: Satsedude

  46. #1896
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Iced Tea View Post
    Only half are? One's non-existent too.

    But anyway, I'd love to see SSHD. Knowing Nintendo, they'll make SSSD instead. *New* Nintendo 2DS bundle exclusive.

    Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    I never said half. You did. Remakes aren't new games. Tommy's list is dishonest although I don't believe that was his intent.

    But what exactly is SSSD as opposed to SSHD?

    I'd like a SS remake, I might even actually buy it. It's a good game that is sometimes brilliant and sometimes stupid. From talking to people I can say the motion controls are a huge turn off, even though I think they worked pretty well.
    Lemony Iced Tea likes this.
    Lunkhead.

  47. #1897
    Loafer Lemony Iced Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,130
    Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NewbCentra1
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    I never said half. You did. Remakes aren't new games. Tommy's list is dishonest although I don't believe that was his intent.

    But what exactly is SSSD as opposed to SSHD?

    I'd like a SS remake, I might even actually buy it. It's a good game that is sometimes brilliant and sometimes stupid. From talking to people I can say the motion controls are a huge turn off, even though I think they worked pretty well.
    I did. You said the list was largely remakes, when only half of that list is. Sorry for any confusion. I think Tommy is just speculating Skyward Sword HD with that list for 2018.

    SSSD is Skyward Sword SD instead of HD. I guess I could have called it regular Skyward Sword, but then it wouldn't have been as obvious that it was a 2DS remake/joke.

    I'd buy SSHD for sure. It's one of, if not my favorite, Zelda games. It has one of my favorite stories, quirky characters, and I also enjoyed the motion controls, even if they didn't work so well sometimes.

    Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Wii U NNID: Satsedude

  48. #1898
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    15,146
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Iced Tea View Post
    I did. You said the list was largely remakes, when only half of that list is. Sorry for any confusion. I think Tommy is just speculating Skyward Sword HD with that list for 2018.

    SSSD is Skyward Sword SD instead of HD. I guess I could have called it regular Skyward Sword, but then it wouldn't have been as obvious that it was a 2DS remake/joke.

    I'd buy SSHD for sure. It's one of, if not my favorite, Zelda games. It has one of my favorite stories, quirky characters, and I also enjoyed the motion controls, even if they didn't work so well sometimes.

    Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Largely versus half is a minor quibble. Easily mended. Sorry I missed out on the joke, I'm guilty of doing the same.

    I like SS a lot. The story is pretty rote for a JRPG , but I actually felt Link and Zelda had a relationship for once, that was nice. It felt genuine, and that's difficult to do, even if she did try to kill Link twice.

    I'd like if Nintendo dropped the emphasis on "creativity " because they aren't and just focused on the game itself.

    "Let's make a new DK game, but you can only play it with bongos!"

    That sort of thing is fine, and funny to a certain extent, and that's the whimsy Nintendo is known for, but maybe that stuff has no place in something like Zelda.

    Pick your battles. I love LoZ TP on Wii. It feels good, it feels natural. But why not offer options for folks who disagree?
    Lunkhead.

  49. #1899
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,972
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    They are still Zelda games, even if they are remakes
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  50. #1900
    such pretty skin savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    11,153
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Largely versus half is a minor quibble. Easily mended. Sorry I missed out on the joke, I'm guilty of doing the same.

    I like SS a lot. The story is pretty rote for a JRPG , but I actually felt Link and Zelda had a relationship for once, that was nice. It felt genuine, and that's difficult to do, even if she did try to kill Link twice.

    I'd like if Nintendo dropped the emphasis on "creativity " because they aren't and just focused on the game itself.

    "Let's make a new DK game, but you can only play it with bongos!"

    That sort of thing is fine, and funny to a certain extent, and that's the whimsy Nintendo is known for, but maybe that stuff has no place in something like Zelda.

    Pick your battles. I love LoZ TP on Wii. It feels good, it feels natural. But why not offer options for folks who disagree?
    TIL Skyward Sword is a JRPG in which Zelda tries to kill Link

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •