Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 3 Post By The Cloud Strife

Thread: Ubisoft's New Type of Campaigns

Ubisoft's New Type of Campaigns

For Honour has begun getting reviews and is the first glimpse of Ubisoft's new style of single player campaigns. In case you forgot they mentioned in the past (I'll add a link to that thread later) that they are focusing more on gameplay than story...and they've done just that!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    I guess you could describe For Honor's single-player campaign as a training ground for the main event. A place to get to grips with each of the game's heroes and their distinct fighting styles, without the pressures of competition and voice chat. You could make that argument. But gosh, it's a boring place to be.

This is a campaign that feels like an afterthought, an effort to justify the game's AAA price tag. The story is entirely inconsequential - one mission has you slaying fellow Vikings to reclaim four barrels of potatoes, for example - and after 30 minutes playtime, I'm not convinced there's much more to these characters outside of their passion for fighting and stabbing folk. I've already had my fill.
    Can't wait to see 2018's Assassin's Creed reboot and it's campaign!

Source: For Honor feels bold, even if its single-player doesn't • Eurogamer.net

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Last edited by Switch; 12-14-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3997-7816-3766

3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    That sucks. That's exactly what I don't want to happen. If all single player campaigns just become training for the real multiplayer game, I won't be participating. Hopefully this type of thing doesn't spread throughout all of Ubisoft.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    That sucks. That's exactly what I don't want to happen. If all single player campaigns just become training for the real multiplayer game, I won't be participating. Hopefully this type of thing doesn't spread throughout all of Ubisoft.
    I agree. That is honestly what has ruined games like Call of Duty. I play games for story, not for multiplayer. If I do play multiplayer it's almost always co-op just because I don't feel like getting owned by 12 year olds who I will never catch up to because I play more than one game and don't have the time lol.

Ubisoft shouldn't be doing anything drastic right now, especially given their current situation and circumstances. I really hope Assassin's Creed doesn't follow suit. I know they've already discussed it but I really hope there is at least somewhat of a story.
    WoodenSaucer, Switch and drew79 like this.

I think it makes more sense for a game like For Honor to be structured like that, the game is heavily multiplayer focused isn't it? I wouldn't assume games with more emphasis on single player to be like that.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    I think it makes more sense for a game like For Honor to be structured like that, the game is heavily multiplayer focused isn't it? I wouldn't assume games with more emphasis on single player to be like that.
    Let's hope not.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity