• 2 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By Rugmouse
  • 3 Post By rm2000
  • 1 Post By GameNChick
  • 2 Post By the ancient gamer
  • 1 Post By Star and Moon
  • 1 Post By GameNChick
  • 1 Post By Skyward Sword

Thread: Console gaming has me frustrated...

Nintendo NID
    jrb363

Console gaming has me frustrated...

Welp...this has officially been the most disappointing console generation of all time.

Is it any wonder why folks (me) are jumping to PC in large numbers?

If the Xbox Slim S starts at $299 how much will the all-powerful Scorpio cost?

I'm beginning to think both consoles will cost $499+ and they will justify it by saying 'But it has VR!!!'

I just don't know anymore guys...I really don't.

I can tell you one thing though. If and when Nintendo announces the NX...if they can prove, somehow, that they're more focused on games and long-term success for their console beyond a 4-year, remaster filled, half-assed generation? They'll get my money. Full Stop. However, if Nintendo puts out another under-powered, gimmicky console with no real difference other than it costs a lot just because they're trying to be 'unique'? No. Hell no!

I'll use the hundreds I'll save by skipping out on consoles to upgrade my PC. I mean, for ****s sake, I already own 364 PC games thanks to Steam and GOG. Yes, I counted. That number will probably be over 400 by the time the GOG and Steam Summer Sales end this year.

So, please tell me Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, why should I pump more hundreds of $$$ into a console when I can enjoy a superior experience on my PC and pay a much cheaper cost? (As long as I'm patient...and yes, I can wait. My current Wishlist is around 40 games deep.)

Note: I'll never abandon Nintendo completely. I still love my Wii U and will eventually get the NX of course because I'd be a fool to skip out on Nintendo's 1st party quality for an entire generation. The launch of Zelda would probably do it, whenever it drops.
    Last edited by jrb363; 06-13-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    cThreep and aMarioFan64 like this.

Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    But how many of those 360 steam games do you really play? lol
    heimbachae and aMarioFan64 like this.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    I feel your pain. I've been trying to diversify my interests myself, like watching TV shows and Movies, LEGO, and reading comics. The NX I'm taking the approach of "hope for the best, prepare for the worst". And I probably won't be getting it at launch, unless a killer new 3D Mario comes out for it.

Sent from Grandma's House
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    All of them.

At. The. Same. Time.

(Nintendo is exempt from the 'console peasant' comment...they're kind of like the court jester. Everyone loves them. )
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

I'm pretty frustrated with gaming in general. PC including, gaming is becoming so stagnant that it's rare I get excited anymore, and when I do it almost always leads to disappointment. Heck looking at my recent gaming habits, I played through ME 2 and 3, with some fallout sprinkled in. Then Infamous 1 and 2 and I just started an new Skyward Sword game...

I know I'm not outgrowing gaming because of how much I enjoy the games mentioned, but I'm just so bored of what's happening. But even if I don't ever want to play a new game ever again, I have my backlog. I could easily see myself transitioning to that for the rest of the year. To be honest, the last time I felt this way Skyward Sword swooped in and saved the day. Maybe Zelda U will have the same effect.

Nintendo NID
    SpareChnge
    It's not the console that has me frustrated, it's the people bitchin' about the console that has me frustrated.

Everyone feels like they have to 1-up others, but it is business, I don't need Joe Schmoe telling I can't like a console because he doesn't.

Asinine.
    Last edited by SpareChnge; 06-13-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Spacebar broke

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    You can't like any consoles. Get a PC.
    Darth Praxis and SpareChnge like this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    SpareChnge
    I really love you sometimes Woody

That's what she said...
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Yeah. The '1-Up' stuff from Sony and Microsoft this generation has really gotten on my nerves. Not to mention nearly every message board or website comparing the two and counting a handful of pixels or framerates like it's the worst thing ever.

Why can't it just be about the games??? That's why I'm so interested in PC Gaming right now. There are so many wonderful Indie titles and new experiences (survival games, epic stories, retro titles, etc) that aren't available on consoles which is why I'm starting to prefer it.

Back in the day the 'walled garden' and specialized tech of consoles is what set them apart. But now that they're mid-range PC's from 2-3 years prior to their own launch and come with the unnecessarily massive resolution/fps pissing contest from every corner of the internet? No thanks.

I miss the days where the biggest argument was whether Mario could kick Sonic's ass or vise versa.

Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

GLA
    The good thing is we have choice. PC gaming just doesn't appeal to me - Nintendo are my jumping off point (if Sega stayed in the console market and had managed to thrive with the same level of software output in their hey day, then I'd absolutely feel the same way about them), and until I don't enjoy one of their consoles I can't see my stance changing.

And the VR visor will cost you another $400.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Right. Which brings me back to my original point:

Why not just build a PC? It'll last longer, do more things and give you a superior gaming experience with both standard and VR options. Plus, when they release the PS5/Xbox Two in 2022 you can reinvest in a new GPU and still get better performance than the newer consoles*.

*Don't forget to buy the NX kids! It'll be worth it. I hope.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Besides some vanilla wow I don't get into PC gaming.
    Personally I just like the ecosystem and I dunno the "flavor" of console gaming.
    PC just seems kind of generic.
    Nintendo and Sony just have their own style with PC gaming being everything in between to me.
    I've got nothing to complain about with console gaming besides the toxic fanboys that get attached to them and PC has their fair share of frothing maniacs as well.

Regurgitated from my Nokia 3310
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

WiiU will become legendary. It'll be like the dream cast. Low sales but happy campers all round

Popular Member Certified Skyward Sword's Avatar
    in what world?

Nintendo is Dead

PSN: Skyward1988
    NIN ID: Vanskez88

https://www.twitter.com/HeroOfTime88

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

Sega died too but it's still legendary

Maybe in your country

Sega is trash

Nintendo is Dead

Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

GLA
    Their brand needs re-stored, but until DC took them down many of their games are Nintendo levels of untouchable.

It's probably because that's what you remember when you were young. But like I have said before, there have always been console power wars from the very beginning. We used to brag about Intellivision having a better resolution and more colors on the screen than the Atari 2600. I was a big part of the C64 vs NES wars where we argued about better sprites, sound chips, voice synthesis, etc. Obviously, I was on the C64 side. Then there were the pissing contests between the Genesis and SNES. And on and on...

It has always been like that clear back to the Magnavox Odyssey. The only difference is that the internet age has blown it up, and it's in our faces. Back in the C64 vs NES days, the way we argued was to send letters to the editor of C64 and gaming magazines, and you just waited until the next month's magazine came out to see people's counter arguments. Then you would send in your next letter. Now instead of waiting a couple of months, we're waiting a couple of minutes to argue with people. It has always been this way; it's just magnified now.

That's exactly why I like PC, though. I can make it what I want, instead of what the console companies tell me I want. Plus, I get the best of all worlds, to an extent. I get most of the multiplats. I now get all of the Xbox games. And I even get some of the PlayStation exclusives, like No Man's Sky, and Shenmue 3. If I want to, I can play every Nintendo game up to the Wii on emulators, and they're getting close to competent Wii U emulation. And about every quality indie/kickstarter game is going to be on the PC with almost a 100% guarantee that they won't decide to cancel that version because of generation changes or whatever.

But I understand that's just my preference, and that PC gaming definitely isn't for everyone. That's why it's good that we have choices for all of the people with different preferences.
    jrb363 likes this.

Yesterday's conferences spurred some hope in me. Xbox and PS both had very strong shows and made me excited for the future. Which I haven't felt for a while. And today Nintendo is going to show Zelda...

Nintendo is going to look like a ****ing ant today compared to the two giants

Nintendo is Dead
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

Nintendo only has to have one game to be better than the rest: Zelda.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.

As someone that wants to like Zelda but doesn't that's a whole bag of nopedy nopes.

Regurgitated from my Nokia 3310
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

You have no soul
    FlamingFury and jpd01 like this.

Console gaming has me frustrated...

Yeah thats according to a Nintendo fan go ask the rest of the gaming community

Nintendo is Dead

Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    I'm not getting home until like 7 tonight so please no spoilers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

Nintendo is going to win E3

Nintendo is Dead

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    Your signature insults me. You also missed my birthday again, but you start celebrating capnjazz's a day early.
    ohmyrob likes this.

I don't know your birthday man im sorry.

I tried to keep up with you, I even followed you on Twitter but you never followed back.

Nintendo is Dead

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    rip console gaming
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Microsoft won the show for me with one game - Forza Horizons 3. It was the first time I preordered a game that quickly upon seeing the trailer and it releases THIS YEAR (unlike Zelda which will be shown but cannot be had until March 2017).

More to the topic - don't take gaming too seriously and just enjoy what you enjoy.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Very true words.
    PM me if you add me!

Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Microsoft was on point. people are saying that project Scorpio was less hyped due to Sony already announcing project neo beforehand. I'm just excited that consoles are now going to be on par with PC because I now I can say this #consolemasterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    we must burn console gaming to the ground
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Except for Ouya.
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    well that goes without question
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Eh I like my ps4

PS4 is nothing compared to Ouya

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    it can still be burned
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

WoodenSaucer and aMarioFan64 like this.

Breathless in the Wild Star and Moon's Avatar
    Here's my saying for any game I could possibly want; If it's not on Nintendo, it's on the PC.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    its not nice because its true :O
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    Not anywhere near as bad as wii u.

PS4 is the best console out there

Nintendo is Dead

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    You spelled Wii Pii on U wrong

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    And you spelled OUYA the One True Console wrong.

Sent from Grandma's House
    PM me if you add me!

Pee U is doomed for lyf

Nintendo is Dead
    heimbachae likes this.