Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: The Wii U is dead

Popular Member Certified Skyward Sword's Avatar
    I wish i could read all your comments
    But... Seriously guys? Sometimes i think you guys have a real problem.

Those post are too damn long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Skyward1988
    NIN ID: Vanskez88

https://www.twitter.com/HeroOfTime88

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

The doom is what keeps us going; we feed on it.
    hexskrew likes this.
    Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    forums remind me of the dialogue from the batman vs superman, the ''turns good men,cruel'' dialogue
    jw224 and hexskrew like this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

I certainly don't. But I'm not going to ignore the fact that a couple of years ago Nintendo forgot the first rule of holes. And we're now looking at a four year life span for the Wii U, with the last two of those years being pretty sparse, release-wise. Not particularly happy-dance material...

Maybe you should stick to reading shorter stuff?
    WoodenSaucer, hexskrew and drew79 like this.

Banned
    good

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    cant ignore it no, but it seems people complain about doom stuff,then go and post doom stuff constantly themselves, it just seems weird that Nintendo fans say they're tired of doom talk about nitnendo,but it seems nintendo fans are the biggest culprits of the doomed nintendo talk lol
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    victorcrb
    About the remasters though, one thing is remastering/remaking a 10~15 years old game. Other is remastering a game that was out two years ago. I guess the mocking comes pretty much from that (im looking at you, last of us).
    If nintendo brings N64/gamecube jewells back on NX, im all in!
    I hope they go away from this niche mentality and try to claim the top again, doing whatever is necessary.
    drew79 likes this.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Not only can they reclaim old audience, but I believe it's possible for them to claim new audience.

tl;dr

But you're the one who always says they have no hope no matter what they do.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    SW-3914-3021-9040
    I feel like there's not much more Nintendo can do with WiiU at this point. We can only hope that NX is indeed the better value. Hopefully 2016 will tell the answers.
    I play both first and third party games on Nintendo systems. But I also own a PS3 as well.
    Nintendo Network ID: JTurner82. Friend Code: SE-3914-3021-9040

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    says the person who doesnt like any games at all and always complains lol

but no my perspective is merely based off the fact that majority of games are very fickle. Even if Nintendo gets everything right,the same people that are crying and complaining now, will still be the same way then. Which we've all ready had a disagreement on
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

So do you think there is no possible hope for Nintendo to turn things around? Or if you do, how do you think they can? Because if there is no hope no matter what they do, that's about as depressing as it gets.

And I do like plenty of games. I just have different preferences in some of my gaming than you and drew have. I'll make a deal with you. I'll try really hard to stop complaining about the games I don't like that are coming out, if you try to stop complaining about the games you don't like, too.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Hey, like GNC quoted recently, "if you can change, and I can change,...etc."

Rocky 4 was badass.

I still haven't seen that. I have to watch it sometime. We're probably going to watch Back to the Future 1&2 tonight so we can get 2 in on the day Marty came. He's here somewhere right now.

I don't think so. He's in an alternate reality where the Cubs have won the World Series.
    WoodenSaucer and D Moness like this.

Yeah, it would have been awesome if they were doing better against the Mets, huh?
    the ancient gamer likes this.

You do also remember how people dressed in that 2015 ...

I mean people keep saying hooverboards and flying cars but they forget the fashion in that movie.

Nintendo NID
    dawntoino
    fifth element was so much better

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
    WoodenSaucer and hexskrew like this.
    Comme on a dit de Louise Attaque

Et on fait comme on a dit tu ferais pareil avec lui
    Mais on fait comme on dit toujours la même chose
    Nous les rêves on les multiplie

Et on fait comme on a dit...
    Tu ferais pareil avec lui
    Mais on fait comme on dit...

Nintendo NID
    PK-Ultima
    I wish everybody had this philosophy. As many of the people who have been on this forum for an extended period of time know, the thing that irks me the most is when people go into threads about a certain game just to complain about how much they don't like that game. The saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all" really applies here.

Just so you know Woody, you never really bothered me whenever you said you didn't like a certain game. There were only about 4 people that really got on my nerves. (You guys could probably guess who they are).

Nintendo NID
    dawntoino
    but then some post count would be much lower

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
    Comme on a dit de Louise Attaque

Et on fait comme on a dit tu ferais pareil avec lui
    Mais on fait comme on dit toujours la même chose

Et on fait comme on a dit...
    Tu ferais pareil avec lui
    Mais on fait comme on dit...

Nintendo NID
    PK-Ultima
    Maybe those people would have to actually make well thought out posts that creates meaningful and relevant conversations to increase their post count.

Instead of you know, going into each thread and spamming something like "no currs" to increase their post count.
    jw224, drew79 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    Watch out, a certain someone might report you to death if you're not careful...
    Last edited by aMarioFan64; 10-21-2015 at 04:42 PM.
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    i will when you finally show some improvement

until then, me and you, 1 on 1, fight to the death behind the ol willow tree,3 o clock
    Last edited by GameNChick; 10-21-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    rocky was very wise
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Most of us already learned that lesson from the psp and a great deal of other consoles before that.

If this thread was psvita is dead, it would make more sense, seeing as all support for the system is being closed down to save costs and Indies will no longer be brining games out on the system you can pretty much say that the psvita is well and truly dead.

But saying the wiiu is dead with its huge indie developers front end still very active and games like xenoblade coming out soon plus a great deal of games on the way is nonsensical.

I'll shorten your little rant into one sentence for you.....

"The WiiU is dead because the game I want on it, is not released yet"

The splatoon community pretty much disproves the points you're trying to make and so does Mario makers, the system is very much alive and active.

It's public threads like this that actually prevent us Indies releasing games on the wiiu as by proxy these posts do damage to the system sales and therefore downloads are reduced.

I get what you're saying but the vita still gets games and ports. I've bought more games for my vita this year then my Wii U and it has more games announced (non Sony) than the Wii U does.

The Wii U is a great little system and Nintendo has supported it better than MS or Sony would have by themselves. I'd have hoped when they made the decision that the Wii U wasn't going to climb out of the hole it's in they would have opted to experiment more with it in the vein of Splatoon.

For me the Wii U isn't the Dreamcast of it's generation it's the Saturn. Calling it the Dreamcast is a long shot I think. It doesn't approach the number of great titles the DC had.
    The Saturn was the system that everyone forgot and had a good if not shallow library of good titles.

Regurgitated from my Nokia 3310
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

You haven't seen me complain about games for a long time. I've made the statement that I still don't like all the games coming out, but that statement was relevant to the conversation, and who does like every game that comes out? But I haven't complained about and bashed games for quite a while. I've even had people surprised at me for saying positive things.

...so your turn now.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    @jpd Good point. Maybe I'm misremembering things, but the Saturn was just a slight bump in power. The DC actually tried out new stuff. Bear in mind I didn't have a Saturn or a DC, My cousin had a Saturn and it was relatively kickass. The DC was a big new idea that never reached it's full potential though. Which actually sounds like sort of a cross between Saturn and DC.

One of the biggest criticisms of Nintendo is that they go balls crazy or play it too safe. Either way they can't seem to win.

Try using a laptop or pc, you'll understand why it's so easy to type more than 3 words
    Currently Playing: PC: Unreal Tournament 4 Alpha Wii U: New Super Mario Bros U, Hyrule Warriors Xbox One: Not a thing PS4: Replaying - Infamous Second Son 3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf

Waiting for:
    Wii U: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Legend of Zelda U
    PS4: Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Mirror's Edge 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky
    PC: Star Wars: Battlefront, Unreal Tournament 4, Fortnite, Overwatch, Inner Chains, P.A.M.E.L.A, Serious Sam 4, Doom

Saturn and Dreamcast were great machines. I still remember the netlink for Saturn and playing multiplayer stuff in 1996 on a console. Crazy stuff. I honestly feel the Dreamcast was overrated. I enjoyed the Saturn much more. Panzer Dragoon Saga (man I wish I didn't sell that game, hello ebay prices) Nights into Dreams, Daytona...so many great memories.

Dreamcast had it's share of great titles, I just feel the Saturn is much more overlooked.

Regardless, if the Wii U is being compared to those machines, that's a good thing in some ways. It's quality that people overlooked because it wasn't the popular machine.

Right now I'm content with my PC and Wii U. Xbox One and PS4 don't really do anything for me. And I don't see that changing until next year. I bought way too soon. No more systems on launch day for me. Course, I say that every generation lmao
    Currently Playing: PC: Unreal Tournament 4 Alpha Wii U: New Super Mario Bros U, Hyrule Warriors Xbox One: Not a thing PS4: Replaying - Infamous Second Son 3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf

Waiting for:
    Wii U: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Legend of Zelda U
    PS4: Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Mirror's Edge 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky
    PC: Star Wars: Battlefront, Unreal Tournament 4, Fortnite, Overwatch, Inner Chains, P.A.M.E.L.A, Serious Sam 4, Doom

But I agree that the Saturn was much better than common gamer wisdom makes it out to be. I spent so many hours on Virtua Fighter 2 alone that it's kind of frightening...
    WoodenSaucer and Serotonin like this.

The Sega Saturn.... the first time I seen a 3d game. My mate brought it down and I couldn't believe sonic was not on the tv

My uncle had a Saturn. My favorite memories were Tomb Raider, and D. In its day, D was an awesome game. I didn't know until I looked it up right now that they came out with a D2 that was on the Dreamcast.
    D Moness and Serotonin like this.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    DC still remains one of my favorite systems
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

I don't hate the Dreamcast at all. I played a lot of Quake 3/Unreal Tournament on it, ironically that pushed me toward an exclusive PC gaming-only phase for a long time after I found out those games were ported from PC.

I guess overrated is the wrong word. I'll say I feel Saturn deserves more praise than it gets and personally, I think Saturn did more to move the industry forward than Dreamcast as far as idea's and tech. Didn't the Saturn have a couple of cores back then? And was way more powerful than psone but the dev's just didn't know how to program for it and never got enough time to learn?

I'm still and always will be disappointed Grandia never made it to the states for Saturn. I had to play it on psone years later after the hype had died, but in a time when Square was wiping the floor with anyone else who tried to get rpgs out into the wild, Grandia was a great contender to take on Final Fantasy - like Shinning Force for Sega Genesis. They missed a big opportunity there but I think like the Wii U now, they just kind of considered the system dead and didn't bother to port it from Japan.

Still miss netlink. Paid $100 bucks for that thing and the keyboard to get online in a day when we were too poor to own a real PC. Hey it was 1996, PC's weren't a big deal yet lol.

Waiting for:

The reason I loved the Dreamcast is because it was a huge graphical leap, and the games were very unique and interesting. Like Toy Commander was an awesome concept. The Dreamcast was the first console, other than the N64 that had hardware accelerated 3D graphics. The PS1 and Saturn were both so pixellated that it about burned your retinas out. But then again, I was used to PC gaming at the time, and I was playing the original Tomb Raider with a 3D adapter patch that smoothed out the graphics.

Then came Voodoo and ATI fighting it out in the early days for your PC hardware bucks.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Waiting for:

Banned
    if nintendo died would the become a boring company like what happened to sega?

I don't think so. I think they would focus even more on their games as they would be competing against so many more companies on other platforms. I don't know what the hell happened to Sega. Crazy mismanagement or something.

Waiting for:

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    more than likely
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Those were the days when video cards weren't compatible, and you had to make sure to buy the right version of a game.
    Serotonin likes this.

True thing about 3rd party support. Unfortunately the Wii U doesn't have any remaining first or second party support either

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Not a bad POV, but let's be honest, 3rd parties aren't exactly what they used to be either.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    third party quality have dipped tremendously
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

It's tradition to say something nice about the departed at a funeral...

... I give up

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion

that pic works
    Dustin likes this.
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    I knew right after e3 2015 Nintendo gave up. e3 2015= 3ds show. Im glad I love the 3ds or i'd be way saltier. I think the concept of the gamepad is brilliant and makes consoles way better since there is more functionality and makes games better that have a lot of inventory and map management
    the ancient gamer likes this.

For me, with that, I couldn't agree more. I was stunned. I couldn't believe they had just pulled the plug on the system...
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    eCockpit
    And after in the eyes of many "winning" E3 last year, no less.
    Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034
    XBOX Live GamerTag: aMarioFan64
    3DS Friend Code: 0516-7292-0435
    PM me if you add me!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    i didnt see how they could go from an amazing 2014 E3 to a wtf worthy one that quick in 2015 lol
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Do you feel it?
    Nintendo NID
    BelowZero22 (3ds)
    2014 was Wii u's golden year, that's when they were really trying to get it to sell but it didn't work so they stopped trying. in their shoes it isn't good for business to stick with Wii u anymore. At least Wii u has fantastic games
    WoodenSaucer and Kahhhhyle like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast