• 1 Post By jrb363
  • 1 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By the ancient gamer
  • 2 Post By GameNChick

Thread: Nintendo Publishing ideas...

Nintendo NID
    jrb363

Lightbulb Nintendo Publishing ideas...

With all the recent talk of 3rd parties making a comeback on Nintendo consoles, partnerships, etc it's gotten me thinking...

At this point I would imagine Nintendo should consider carrying some of the publishing burden. Contract out with strong 2nd or 3rd party studios to develop 3rd party titles on their behalf with true Nintendo quality. That way the games are more 'in house' but using outside ideas and current gaming trends. This will give Nintendo the best of both worlds:

1. More '3rd party' options even if published/financed by Nintendo (but still cheaper due to less $$$ spent on R&D, asset development, etc. Just take the ideas and develop them after buying a 'license' to do so)
    2. Higher quality control on 'outside' games being released (break the 'inferior' 3rd party idea...which has unfortunately been true for years)
    3. Better relationships with 3rd parties due to money flowing both ways, better support, happier customers, stronger gaming line-up for Nintendo, etc.

I think this would help both 3rd parties and Nintendo while simultaneously building stronger relationships. It will get more 3rd party titles in the wild for fans who might finally see greater value in 3rd party titles. In the meantime Nintendo is taking the risk with outside properties but since they are a proven development powerhouse they can put out quality with anything. (See: Xenoblade, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc. Everything they touch is golden 99% of the time! )

This would build 3rd party trust in Nintendo, return some goodwill with the fanbase, give Nintendo additional revenue options for games that do well, put money from Nintendo fans into 3rd party pockets which would, hopefully, give them incentive to consider coming back when the Nintendo NX releases. If we get 2-3 years of solid '3rd party' games published by Nintendo perhaps we can see support come back in a true way with the Nintendo NX.

Thoughts? Arguments? Thread derailing discussions?

Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

But fair warning jrb363, this thread is going to get very weird, very quickly...

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster
    Generally agree for the most part. However they shouldn't really have to at the same time.. Had the PS4 or XBONE been in position as the Wii U is in 3rd parties would still release games for them. That says a little about the gaming industry really. Sure it's known that most 3rd party titles doesn't sell extremely well on Nintendo consoles but still. Sometimes there's a reason behind that as well.

But all in all I agree
    drew79 likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

Nintendo NID
    Crispy95
    Good ideas. It's not going to happen, but I like the optimism

Sent from Zebes

Popular Member Certified Skyward Sword's Avatar
    Why is hard for ppl to understand that third party on a Nintendo console doesn't sell.
    We buy Nintendo consoles to play Mario and Zelda. We have Sony/ Microsoft consoles to play CoD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Skyward1988
    NIN ID: Vanskez88

https://www.twitter.com/HeroOfTime88

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

A whole lotta nothing Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    Psomaster

COD is great!

That quick enough for ya? ;D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the ancient gamer likes this.
    Monkeys are coming =0

3DS FC: 3282 4343 3420
    Switch FC: SW 6458 0633 8794

lol no, that's why we have gaming pcs.
    Metal, video games, and Lego are best things.
    Current setup

House Biscuit - We do not Preorder.

Or gaming pc or your OUYAS doesn't matter the point is that ppl buy Nintendo consoles mainly to play their games (first party)

Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

So you think Nintendo should just pay out for the third party games? Or license them out and develop/publish the third party games?
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

I think they need to focus on their ips and getting at least one game per month.

I agree they should try to get out one game per month... But they'll need some new IP for that without annualizing stuff.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    they have 5 games with no release dates with 6 months remaining in the year
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    The bolded part. That way Nintendo is more in control of what game(s) are hitting their system while giving themselves a large number of industry standard titles that will bring back some of the core user base they've lost. Meanwhile, developing/publishing some of these titles via direct partnerships will help them to better control the quality giving their fans (console owners) a better image of what 3rd party games are capable of.

I know it's a long shot and we'll probably never see it happen but at this point, what do they have to lose?
    Boopin likes this.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

I wouldn't have any problems with that, but I'd want Nintendo to expand before doing so. Right now they can't even get thier own games out quick enough to be worrying about other companies games
    Boopin likes this.

That's incredibly hard, for anyone, to do, though. And if they'd all be your normal, Nintendo type games, there may be some diminishing returns with something like that.

It's far easier for them to get third party games on their system (including those staples western consumers really want) than it is to produce more stuff themselves, though.
    Boopin likes this.

No I get that. But I'm saying Nintendo doesn't even satisfy what their fans want, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Zelda...

If Nintendo is making all these games plus some third party additions they need more people... Or more Nintendo IP's will go further without release.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    they could give fans ''what they want'' and they'd still cry
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Well yeah, my point is just that with their current staff they couldn't take on any other publishers games with all their own content that we want to see.

If you mean manpower going towards the third parties, it wouldn't necessarily take much. Although doing something like Adelman proposed--following the Microsoft model and having a dedicated port team--would work wonders. So yeah, that would be a bit of an expansion there. I do agree they need even more expansion to their core teams, whether any of that other stuff goes down, or not.

But...sadly...let's face it--a lot of them not satisfying what their fans want is them merely telling their fans what they should want. Although I'm optimistic we'll see an Animal Crossing and a Metroid, I could--gasp!--be wrong about that, and even if I'm not, there are a bunch of titles that may well be neglected this gen. It's not particularly good planning on their part.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Yeah, I don't necessarily mean Nintendo should develop the 3rd party titles themselves. I'm suggesting partner with outside parties to ensure the 'must have' 3rd party titles selected by Nintendo are done well. (See: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Wii U dedicated port)
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

I agree with this overall--the broken physics and gameplay in Madden '13 have been an onion in my ointment for a long time now--but I think in a lot of cases quality control could be much simpler than you make it out to be. If Nintendo aids in porting, advertising, things like that, with the caveat that the games cannot be screwy, or lacking in content, that would probably do the trick. (Often, not always.) And we had those recent quotes from that Nintendo dude about how the company wants shooters and sports games on the Wii U, provided the quality is high. So, they may already be looking into methods like we've been proposing...

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    guarantee that when animal crossing or metroid is announced, fans will not be happy
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Of course! They'll be all, "I wanted another Hotel Mario!", or something. Just how it goes...

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    well then again, who DOESNT want hotel mario?
    the ancient gamer and jw224 like this.
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Okay, you've got me there. Bad example, I guess...