Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Boopin
  • 1 Post By Death
  • 1 Post By Boopin
  • 1 Post By JTurner

Thread: Square Enix hosting press conference at E3 2015

Square Enix hosting press conference at E3 2015

Square Enix has announced that it will be hosting its own press conference at E3 2015 on June 16 at 9AM PDT.

It's unknown exactly what Square Enix will be showcasing during its press conference, but already announced titles like Bravely Second, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy XV, Just Cause 3, Kingdom Hearts III, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness seem like likely candidates.

Fans will be able to watch the conference on and .

Source(s): , .

--

I wouldn't be surprised to see PlayStation 4 and Xbox One compilations of Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD Remix and II.5 HD Remix announced, especially since Kingdom Hearts III is the first entry in the franchise scheduled for Xbox platforms. Additionally, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Final Fantasy XII HD announced for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

It's also likely that we'll see a full reveal of IO's new Hitman entry given that the studio has previously teased a full reveal this year.

What are your thoughts on Square Enix hosting its own press conference? Is there anything you're particularly interested in seeing? Anything you're hoping will be revealed?

Nintendo NID
    SpartaGaming
    Kingdom Hearts 3 or it's a bust.
    WoodenSaucer and jw224 like this.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    yawn to any remasters or remixes, i just hope we see FFXV(release date) and KH3 D:

but KH3 is scheduled to be shown off at the end of the year in japan, so we prob wont see it at E3

id like to see some Star Ocean as well
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Deus Ex!

Nintendo NID
    SpartaGaming
    Seriously though, KH3 better have star wars and toy story characters. #justsaiyan

I'm pretty much with you there on the remaster front, but Square Enix has teased Final Fantasy XII HD numerous times already (and many fans have been asking about it). SE's also publicly discussed porting both Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD Remix and II.5 HD Remix to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen before Kingdom Hearts III releases on both of those platforms.

Not to mention that Square Enix has been pretty extreme with remasters/remakes/remixes in comparison to pretty much every other publisher. Since 2013 we've seen Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Hitman: Contracts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider all receive such treatment on various platforms.
    GameNChick likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SpartaGaming
    I'm ready for the reveal of The Last of Us REMASTERED: Re:Mastered Edition.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    They're coming out with their own console, called the SE One. And from now on, no one else gets any of their games.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm sure it will be there. They just had that big teaser thing. I don't think that, alone, really warrants their own PC, though.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Well with the announcement of Dragon Quest Heroes and after the fact that they said to expect more Dragon Quest news in the future, hopefully there'll be Heroes there along with new Dragon Quest games revealed for localisation. Like the remake of VII on 3DS or X.

It'd also be sweet to see Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second announced too.

Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    I want to say bring me FFVII, but every time they trick me with a dick slap...

FFXV should be good...Kingdom Hearts news is welcome. SE doesn't do too much more that interests me these days.

Nintendo NID
    SW-3914-3021-9040
    **Hopes the Tantalus port will be one of their games**
    I play both first and third party games on Nintendo systems. But I also own a PS3 as well.
    Nintendo Network ID: JTurner82. Friend Code: SE-3914-3021-9040

Nintendo NID
    SpartaGaming
    What if it's a port of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix?

Nintendo NID
    SW-3914-3021-9040
    I would be absolutely delighted. Though at this point I'm willing to fight for KH3 on Nintendo's next system as opposed to WiiU, especially since it seems to be taking much too long.
    Boopin likes this.
    I play both first and third party games on Nintendo systems. But I also own a PS3 as well.
    Nintendo Network ID: JTurner82. Friend Code: SE-3914-3021-9040

24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    I'm not really interested since it's not going to be a Wii U game and I don't care about any of their games besides Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    but thats not square-enix
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

I'm ready for shenmue!

A lot of the Eidos stuff -- Deus Ex, Hitman, Just Cause and Tomb Raider -- is pretty much guaranteed in my view. Deus Ex was recently teased, Hitman is scheduled to be shown this year and both Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are scheduled to release later this year.

It's just a question of whether or not Rise of the Tomb Raider will be shown at Microsoft's conference or Square Enix's. It could either way, especially since Phil Spencer has recently stated that he wants to focus on first-party content for both E3 and Gamescom this year.

Regardless, it's going to be really interesting to see both Square Enix and Bethesda hold conferences this year. I just hope they're not as cringe-worthy as Konami's E3 2010 conference.

You better hope that Sega holds a conference then since you won't be getting Shenmue from Square Enix.