Nintendo NID
    jrb363

Lightbulb Final Fantasy XV frame rate test

Interesting. I didn't realize the Xbox One struggled this much with the demo. Of course neither system is optimized and I'm not hating on the game or Square Enix at all. To be honest, this is the most fun I've had with a demo in a long time and it has me really hyped about the games potential.

A video for your enjoyment! *Warning: Potential spoilers about 2 minutes in!*

Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Wii would like to play with U

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    I've noticed some framerate drop on PS4,but for the most part it wasnt a big issue
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Yeah, I've only noticed slowdowns when it's trying to catch up and render images in the distance if I pan the camera around while moving or if I'm fighting more than 3-4 enemies at a time. I once was fighting off 20 enemies at once in the caves because my team members decided to run ahead and then were like 'Oh, he's back there!' and came running back with two more waves of enemies.

I was like 'Thanks guys!!!'
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    I don't like the team AI in the game really. They seem to be pretty useless and don't seem to serve and a specific job purpose other than just ''lets run in and just attack!''
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Dragonrider of Nintendo Draco Breach's Avatar
    Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    The one part of the preview I actually thought I'd see "Game Over"... The AI isn't all that bright at times. I really wish that "smart guy" would use his recovery moves more. Though, he doesn't seem to have anything to cure poison. As of the preview, poison was the most annoying status effect. It doesn't seem to have a duration, and auto-revive at the end of battle leaves you lingering at 1HP until you actually use an antidote and either wait for HP to slowly restore or use a potion.

The gobilns were kinda annoying in the cave and at night, but they were easy to kill when you caught them. Dat poison, doe...

Regardless, I did notice frame drops when I played through Episode Duscae on my PS4. Based on that framerate test, it verifies that PS4 is the lead development platform.

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    The buff guy seems to have shades of templar, and he draws agro pretty well. He may be a blood knight or knight templar?

The smart guy seems to have healing spells, and I think I saw some elemental usage. He seems to be the mage.

The skittish guy just seems to have speed over power, and he seems to steal items. I think I see shades of ninja or rogue.

We don't know much about their abilities or what they are truly capable of because we didn't get to see the skill and ability progression. It may even bee implied that the Duscae area is early. Though, I hope level ups aren't nearly as easy in the final product. By the time I beat the area boss, all my party members were around 30, and they started at 8. It felt like entirely too much progression in such a short period of time.

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Yeah I'm not gonna fully judge the game based off the demo,but there are a mix of things I like and really dislike in it. I don't see any of the characters having a specific role at this point in time.

But this demo,is not in the actual game. I couldve sworn I read that episode Duscae is not in the final game. I think that as just a rumor though
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Just curious but what level are you in the demo? I'm currently level 31 and have done pretty much everything except beat the final boss. I've spent lots of time just running around and finding secrets.

Also, I agree. The AI is very hit-or-miss, no pun intended.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    I'm low level, I've just been exploring and wandering around and taking screenshots lol

Been jumping from FFXV to Xenoverse since I have my friend and cousin who play it. I'll play more of it soon. Maybe find more glitches or attempt to lol
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Yeah, I saw you've been playing that a lot! (Xenoverse) I added you on PSN and it was the only game that showed under 'recently played' lol. I enjoyed the demo in Best Buy but it was kind of embarrassing because they had the volume way up and folks kept looking at me like 'what the hell is this guy playing?'

If you find any more glitches in Final Fantasy XV PM me to let me know so I can try them out if you don't mind. I want to hit level 50 or so and try to beat the big monster at the end. I haven't seen any spoilers yet so I dunno how it officially ends. I didn't even watch the video all the way once it got past the 2 minute mark because I saw the end boss in the demo.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Nintendo NID
    DracoBreach
    You can beat the boss monster at your current level. Just use what you found at the end of the cave with the goblins.

EDIT:
    Also meant to reply to this...

I didn't say you were judging Like you, I have my reservations. The preview had some high notes, but there were some negatives to take away and be a bit wary. I was just pointing out what I thought I saw of the characters

As far as Duscae not appearing in the final game, I don't recall hearing that. Also, text in the preview seems to indicate that it will =/

Curious indeed.

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Thanks for the info, I might try to beat it tonight then.

I'm pretty sure right now they plan on Duscae being in the final game. I imagine this is true based on what folks have found once breaking out of the demo barrier and other things found within the demo area. There are too many 'extra' assets for it to be a one-off demo. Plus, I remember reading one of the developers said that Duscae was a demo taken from a small part of the overall game.

Who knows with Square Enix though. We've been waiting nearly 10 years for this game.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    lol that sounds funny and yeah every time I think I might be done with Xenoverse, I find something else to do. I'm trying to complete all training with the mentors in the game, only need 3 more and only need to unlock one more character(omega shenron) so i gotta collect the dragonballs again
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Well that sounds fun. I really enjoyed the battling in the demo I played but based on past experiences with DBZ games and a greater desire to play the FFXV demo I picked up Type-0 instead of Xenoverse.

Since you seem to like Dragon Ball have you ever seen this?

Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363

#ConsoleEquality

Xbox One:

Cloud Power!!!

Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion

yeah team four star is pretty funny :O
    booga booga
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Banned
    I also read that this demo is not in the game. This was specifically built to push Type-0 sales, and give people a glimpse of what to expect. I think maybe the world we see may be in the game, but the missions and such are not.

I think it pretty much like Ground Zeroes.