Results 1 to 42 of 42
Like Tree24Likes
  • 4 Post By savinghyrule
  • 2 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 2 Post By Mr_Nick666
  • 2 Post By GameNChick
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By savinghyrule
  • 2 Post By savinghyrule
  • 2 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 1 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 1 Post By GameNChick
  • 1 Post By The Cloud Strife
  • 1 Post By Mr_Nick666
  • 1 Post By Mr_Nick666

Thread: Wolfenstein 2 Switch vs PS4 comparison

  1. #1
    Bringer Of Bantz jw224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    7,702

    Wolfenstein 2 Switch vs PS4 comparison


    Proud winner of the unofficial 2016 "most likely to bring the bantz" award.

    Quote Originally Posted by aMarioFan64 View Post
    No, Bantz is life.


  2. #2
    The ultimate newbie jrb363's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    10,153
    Nintendo NID
    jrb363
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jrb363 PSN ID: jrb363 Steam ID: jrb363
    The Switch holds up very well outside of some framerate issues of course!

    All in all I never thought we'd see games of this quality (AAA 3rd party) on any other Nintendo system again so, considering how lacking their support has been, this is nothing short of a miracle, especially with the quality, time and effort being put forth into these ports.
    Add me folks!
    Nintendo ID:
    jrb363
    3DS Friend Code: 3308 - 5572 - 2631
    PSN: jrb363
    Steam: jrb363
    Origin: jrb363
    UPlay: jrb363
    Xbox Live: jrb363

    #ConsoleEquality

    Xbox One:



    Cloud Power!!!


    Wii would like to play with U

  3. #3
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    I have three thoughts about this:

    1) It reminds me of old Wii vs 360 comparisons. The resolution is horrible on the Switch. It looks a lot sharper on the PS4.

    2) This confirms that the character models and animations look like crap, even on more powerful consoles, which is really disappointing. That woman's plastic hair looks like something out of 2011. I'm disappointed in these guys for not doing better than that.

    3) I am happy that they feel like the Switch is worth porting games to, even though they have to downgrade them.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  4. #4
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94,049
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    switch version looking really goooood
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,816
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Fun fact. We played Mario Party 7 on the GameCube, upscaled on my 4K TV and it looked like crap lol
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  6. #6
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    switch version looking really goooood
    Game kind of looks like crap, even on the PS4.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  7. #7
    Cuban Pete savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    12,973
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Game kind of looks like crap, even on the PS4.
    We didn't hear you the first few times!

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    We didn't hear you the first few times!

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    THE GAME KIND OF LOOKS LIKE CRAP, EVEN ON THE PS4.





    Mr_Nick666 and Rugmouse like this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  9. #9
    Senior Member wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    THE GAME KIND OF LOOKS LIKE CRAP, EVEN ON THE PS4.





    WHAT?! I still can't hear you

    Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  10. #10
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    WHAT?! I still can't hear you

    Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    wu_wei_lion likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  11. #11
    Moderator Kahhhhyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    23,210
    To me it looks like pretty much everything made it over besides the resolution.

    The guy playing on switch sucked though, it looked like he never played an FPS with a controller in his life hahaah
    GameNChick likes this.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

  12. #12
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94,049
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    We didn't hear you the first few times!

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    maybe another 5 or 6 times would help
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  13. #13
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    To me it looks like pretty much everything made it over besides the resolution.

    The guy playing on switch sucked though, it looked like he never played an FPS with a controller in his life hahaah
    We can't all be as awesome at games as you, though.
    Kahhhhyle likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  14. #14
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94,049
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahhhhyle View Post
    To me it looks like pretty much everything made it over besides the resolution.

    The guy playing on switch sucked though, it looked like he never played an FPS with a controller in his life hahaah
    yeah the guy playing sucked pretty bad
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  15. #15
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    3) I am happy that they feel like the Switch is worth porting games to, even though they have to downgrade them.
    This is why I see the Switch becomming the new Wii. It's going to strugle as the gap in game's technical and graphical boundaries widen and end up with hobbled ports. Your choice is, ultimately, to opt for the worst version.

    Also, did anyone mention the game doesn't look great on any format?
    WoodenSaucer and Rugmouse like this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,816
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I long for the day where video games will look like CGI
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  17. #17
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I long for the day where video games will look like CGI
    Computer games are CGI!

  18. #18
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    This is why I see the Switch becomming the new Wii. It's going to strugle as the gap in game's technical and graphical boundaries widen and end up with hobbled ports. Your choice is, ultimately, to opt for the worst version.

    Also, did anyone mention the game doesn't look great on any format?
    One thing the Switch does have on the Wii with 3rd parties is the handheld factor. It's not for me, but it's important to a lot of people. For people who like handheld gaming, having an inferior version might be worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I long for the day where video games will look like CGI
    You'll have to look somewhere other than Nintendo when that happens.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  19. #19
    Survival Horror fanatic jFug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    1,351
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: jfugs2394
    Honestly, on a 720p handheld screen, that will look really nice.
    PSN: jFugs2394

  20. #20
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94,049
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by jFug View Post
    Honestly, on a 720p handheld screen, that will look really nice.
    game looks great
    jw224 and jFug like this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  21. #21
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    I don't know. To me, this model looks like crap. And it's not even the Switch version, as far as I know. The hair is just pitiful looking.

    Mr_Nick666 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  22. #22
    Cuban Pete savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    12,973
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I don't know. To me, this model looks like crap. And it's not even the Switch version, as far as I know. The hair is just pitiful looking.

    Do you really think about this stuff when you're playing?

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    Do you really think about this stuff when you're playing?

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Actually, yes. It's so bad it's jarring. It's like a really bad special effect in a film. Suddenly you're not immersed in it you're thinking "What the hell am I looking at!?"

  24. #24
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    Do you really think about this stuff when you're playing?

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I actually quit playing Human Revolution because the characters looked like plastic toys.

    Edit: But I did say this game might still be fun. I'm just making a point that it does not look great.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  25. #25
    Cuban Pete savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    12,973
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    Actually, yes. It's so bad it's jarring. It's like a really bad special effect in a film. Suddenly you're not immersed in it you're thinking "What the hell am I looking at!?"
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Yeah. I actually quit playing Human Revolution because the characters looked like plastic toys.

    Edit: But I did say this game might still be fun. I'm just making a point that it does not look great.
    Sounds like you guys prioritize realism over anything else in your gaming. I like to play in order to escape reality, lol.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    +Sounds like you guys prioritize realism over anything else in your gaming. I like to play in order to escape reality, lol.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Not at all. But if a game's art direction is realism, then they need to try to not make it look like crap, in accordance with current technology. Personally, I think Mario Odyssey looks better than this because they actually did an excellent job with the art style they were going for.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  27. #27
    Cuban Pete savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    12,973
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Not at all. But if a game's art direction is realism, then they need to try to not make it look like crap, in accordance with current technology. Personally, I think Mario Odyssey looks better than this because they actually did an excellent job with the art style they were going for.
    That's what I meant - that you prioritize realism in games that are going for realism. Personally I couldn't care less how realistic my hero's hair moves in the wind.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    That's what I meant - that you prioritize realism in games that are going for realism. Personally I couldn't care less how realistic my hero's hair moves in the wind.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Don't forget I wasn't arguing about the game's fun factor. I was only making a point because everyone is salivating about how great it "looks," and it really doesn't look that great. If you forget about that argument, I think it will probably be a fun game. I've been wanting a good single-player Natsi killing game for a long time. I just wish it was set during WWII, instead of an alternate history in the 60's. I might pick it up for PC when I find it cheap sometime.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  29. #29
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    I just watched some older non-Switch footage that shows a lot more. I'll somewhat change my opinion. There are indeed a few characters that don't look great, but overall, the game does look good, and most of the other characters I saw do look really good. It's just weird that those 2 or 3 bad looking characters look out of place.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  30. #30
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,075
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I just watched some older non-Switch footage that shows a lot more. I'll somewhat change my opinion. There are indeed a few characters that don't look great, but overall, the game does look good, and most of the other characters I saw do look really good. It's just weird that those 2 or 3 bad looking characters look out of place.
    See, this is another reason I don't choose to play on PC. It seems to have desensitized you. You are so used to these ridiculous graphics, that many games are not going to meet your standards. You have to realize, Woody, not every game is going to blow us away. Games have different focus points. For example, "The Order 1886" was a ridiculously amazing-looking game. However, according to many (since I actually enjoyed it) it lacked everywhere else. It was a very short game with not a lot of replayability, so many felt robbed that they spent $60 on it. The devs, however, pushed the limits of what the PS4 was capable of at the time and they certainly succeeded in making it an absolutely gorgeous game to look at.

    I am totally for that in a lot of games. However, I wouldn't want every game to go that same route. Some games just don't need to knock your socks off graphically. Role-playing games don't typically look as good as games of other genres, for instance. Fallout 4 doesn't look nearly as good as The Order 1886, but I would say without a doubt it is a better game. It's been that way for a while now, and it really just depends on the developers and what they are going for.

    As for everyone here talking about how good it looks, that is simply because it looks that good on Switch, a system with a portable screen. While I get that you pretty much hate handhelds, I still believe that is something everyone needs to consider when comparing Switch games to console games. The fact that we have Wolfenstein 2 releasing on a portable system is something I find pretty fascinating.
    savinghyrule and jFug like this.
    Cloud's Wall of Fame:

    Quote Originally Posted by jw224
    I haven't been particularly careful when putting it in and I've had no problems. It slides in and finds its way to the middle if you put it in slightly to the side or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
    it's easy for me to slide in and out unnoticed.

  31. #31
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    See, this is another reason I don't choose to play on PC. It seems to have desensitized you. You are so used to these ridiculous graphics, that many games are not going to meet your standards. You have to realize, Woody, not every game is going to blow us away. Games have different focus points. For example, "The Order 1886" was a ridiculously amazing-looking game. However, according to many (since I actually enjoyed it) it lacked everywhere else. It was a very short game with not a lot of replayability, so many felt robbed that they spent $60 on it. The devs, however, pushed the limits of what the PS4 was capable of at the time and they certainly succeeded in making it an absolutely gorgeous game to look at.

    I am totally for that in a lot of games. However, I wouldn't want every game to go that same route. Some games just don't need to knock your socks off graphically. Role-playing games don't typically look as good as games of other genres, for instance. Fallout 4 doesn't look nearly as good as The Order 1886, but I would say without a doubt it is a better game. It's been that way for a while now, and it really just depends on the developers and what they are going for.

    As for everyone here talking about how good it looks, that is simply because it looks that good on Switch, a system with a portable screen. While I get that you pretty much hate handhelds, I still believe that is something everyone needs to consider when comparing Switch games to console games. The fact that we have Wolfenstein 2 releasing on a portable system is something I find pretty fascinating.
    I have a couple of things to say about this. First off, it's not necessarily that I'm completely desensitized. I was just too quick to judge the game. The game does have a couple of characters that really look half-assed. Really crappy looking. They didn't do a good job making those 2-3 characters. That was one of the first things I noticed from the footage, and it turned me off. But I should have looked further. When I watched footage that showed a lot more, I saw that those 2-3 characters are out of place compared to the rest of the game. The rest of the game looks great. So I was just too quick to judge because my first impression had to be of the few crappy looking characters. (I will say that several of the characters have heads slightly too big for their bodies, which is kind of annoying. )

    But secondly, you saw what I said earlier, right? I said that, in my opinion, Mario Odyssey looks better than this because they did an exceptional job with the art style they chose. I don't need, or even want, everything to be realism. But when the game makers choose realism, they need to do their best, or it's going to be obvious.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  32. #32
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,075
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I have a couple of things to say about this. First off, it's not necessarily that I'm completely desensitized. I was just too quick to judge the game. The game does have a couple of characters that really look half-assed. Really crappy looking. They didn't do a good job making those 2-3 characters. That was one of the first things I noticed from the footage, and it turned me off. But I should have looked further. When I watched footage that showed a lot more, I saw that those 2-3 characters are out of place compared to the rest of the game. The rest of the game looks great. So I was just too quick to judge because my first impression had to be of the few crappy looking characters. (I will say that several of the characters have heads slightly too big for their bodies, which is kind of annoying. )

    But secondly, you saw what I said earlier, right? I said that, in my opinion, Mario Odyssey looks better than this because they did an exceptional job with the art style they chose. I don't need, or even want, everything to be realism. But when the game makers choose realism, they need to do their best, or it's going to be obvious.
    I definitely agree with you, I saw the models too and I can agree that some... are less than satisfying. Like you said, that is mostly in general though and not exclusive to the Switch version. It is still pretty cool that it is up and running pretty smoothly on the Switch, but I think both of us agree with that.

    I agree with your second point as well, the only thing that I would counter with is I believe Bethesda was going for fluidity and were afraid if they pushed the boundaries too much that they would lose some of that. Who really knows, though? To be fair, I wasn't really interested in this game other than the fact that it is a FPS I can take on the go. I probably wouldn't buy it on the PS4, simply because there are things for that price I would be more interested in. At the same time, I have kind of cooled a bit on the Switch, to be honest, because I am pretty frustrated with all the "rumors" and how games like Spyro will most likely come to the system but Nintendo isn't letting anyone announce it so that they can announce it themselves. Or maybe those games aren't coming at all, which is more disappointing.

    Either way, yes, you were too quick to see the flaws of this game, Judge Judy.
    Last edited by The Cloud Strife; 1 Week Ago at 03:01 PM.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.
    Cloud's Wall of Fame:

    Quote Originally Posted by jw224
    I haven't been particularly careful when putting it in and I've had no problems. It slides in and finds its way to the middle if you put it in slightly to the side or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
    it's easy for me to slide in and out unnoticed.

  33. #33
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94,049
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    and all is now well in the world
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    booga booga
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  34. #34
    Monstah Huntah capnjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    Posts
    9,045
    Game looks fine on Switch, nothing like a 360 or PS3 game. I don't really like the new Wolfenstein but I think this is a nice way to show off that the Switch is capable of handling current generation games that are pretty demanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    See, this is another reason I don't choose to play on PC. It seems to have desensitized you.


    What a weird thing to say. That's like saying you don't want to drive around in a Lamborghini because it would be hard to go back to your daily commuter Honda or something. Having a high end PC won't magically make you into a console hating fanboy, I would know since I don't have an irrational hatred/fear PC or consoles.

  35. #35
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,075
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by capnjazz View Post


    What a weird thing to say. That's like saying you don't want to drive around in a Lamborghini because it would be hard to go back to your daily commuter Honda or something. Having a high end PC won't magically make you into a console hating fanboy, I would know since I don't have an irrational hatred/fear PC or consoles.
    Whatever.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.
    Cloud's Wall of Fame:

    Quote Originally Posted by jw224
    I haven't been particularly careful when putting it in and I've had no problems. It slides in and finds its way to the middle if you put it in slightly to the side or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
    it's easy for me to slide in and out unnoticed.

  36. #36
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    +Sounds like you guys prioritize realism over anything else in your gaming. I like to play in order to escape reality, lol.
    Odd thing to say. I reckon that's probably why most people play games. If you saw my collection you'd see realism isn't a factor as much as the developer doing a good job. As I said previously, bad graphics (in an otherwise not ugly game) are jarring. It's 2018 and not too much to expect things to have moved on from PS2 style hair.

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Not at all. But if a game's art direction is realism, then they need to try to not make it look like crap, in accordance with current technology. Personally, I think Mario Odyssey looks better than this because they actually did an excellent job with the art style they were going for.
    Well said.

    Quote Originally Posted by savinghyrule View Post
    That's what I meant - that you prioritize realism in games that are going for realism. Personally I couldn't care less how realistic my hero's hair moves in the wind.
    It's distracting when it's a real world scenario and it looks like a character has a plastic wig. Good for you if you don't notice it. Some people look but don't see and I don't fall into that category.

    Quote Originally Posted by capnjazz View Post
    What a weird thing to say. That's like saying you don't want to drive around in a Lamborghini because it would be hard to go back to your daily commuter Honda or something. Having a high end PC won't magically make you into a console hating fanboy, I would know since I don't have an irrational hatred/fear PC or consoles.
    Amen!
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  37. #37
    Senior Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,816
    Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    Computer games are CGI!
    I don't feel like they are.
    They aren't as smooth as a Pixar movie.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811


  38. #38
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I don't feel like they are.
    They aren't as smooth as a Pixar movie.
    CGI just stands for Computer-Generated Imagery so all computer/console games are! Obviously there's quite a spectrum of quality out there...
    Tommy likes this.

  39. #39
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by capnjazz View Post
    What a weird thing to say. That's like saying you don't want to drive around in a Lamborghini because it would be hard to go back to your daily commuter Honda or something. Having a high end PC won't magically make you into a console hating fanboy, I would know since I don't have an irrational hatred/fear PC or consoles.
    Capnjazz is the perfect proof that what Cloud said is wrong. Jazz has a beast of a computer, and he still prefers to play on his 3DS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nick666 View Post
    It's distracting when it's a real world scenario and it looks like a character has a plastic wig. Good for you if you don't notice it. Some people look but don't see and I don't fall into that category.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice. Most of the characters look pretty good, though. It doesn't make sense why 2 or 3 look so bad when they obviously are capable of better, based on how good the rest look.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  40. #40
    Straight outta Midgar The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,075
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Capnjazz is the perfect proof that what Cloud said is wrong. Jazz has a beast of a computer, and he still prefers to play on his 3DS.
    It had nothing to do with Capnjazz, it was about you. For you, personally, I feel PC has ruined you. I never once said "PC desensitizes everyone" I simply said it about you and what I have seen you say, and while it was perhaps a bit exaggerative, I stand by it. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you people about something so arbitrary, though, so I will stick by my original comment of "whatever".
    Cloud's Wall of Fame:

    Quote Originally Posted by jw224
    I haven't been particularly careful when putting it in and I've had no problems. It slides in and finds its way to the middle if you put it in slightly to the side or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
    it's easy for me to slide in and out unnoticed.

  41. #41
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37,536
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    It had nothing to do with Capnjazz, it was about you. For you, personally, I feel PC has ruined you. I never once said "PC desensitizes everyone" I simply said it about you and what I have seen you say, and while it was perhaps a bit exaggerative, I stand by it. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you people about something so arbitrary, though, so I will stick by my original comment of "whatever".
    If you want to get picky about what was said, you said, "See, this is another reason I don't choose to play on PC. " That implies that you don't play on PC because you're afraid you'll become spoiled, or whatever, too, and you don't want that to happen.

    I'm just pointing out that you don't really need to worry about that happening to you.

    You're not taking this whole exchange too seriously, are you?
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

  42. #42
    Vetus-schola venatus Mr_Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    3,768
    Never be afraid of better!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •