Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By Skyward Sword

Thread: I'm New to Wii U as of December 25th, a new gift.

I'm New to Wii U as of December 25th, a new gift.

I have had the original Wii and was given a new Wii U for Christmas. I also have a couple of Xbox 360's, PlayStation 1, 2, 3 and an NES. I hooked up my brand new Wii U to the HDMI input into my television. The sensor bar is hooked up and the power supply is hooked up. I plugged the Gamepad into the power supply for it and waited for it to get a full charge. I turned on the television and Wii U logo showed up on the screen. I pushed the sync button on my console, first once and pushed the sync button on the back of the Gamepad with the stylus. The Gamepad screen changed and gave me the message to place the same characters that were on the television in the same order on my Gamepad. A problem occurred when trying to synch. The television screen never changed. The Wii U logo was still the same, unchanged, and no characters to put into my Gamepad from the television display. I read that if the screen doesn't change trying syncing the console again. I also read push the sync button twice on the console. I did and waited, nothing changed. The Gamepad changed by wanting me to place the symbols in the correct order that were on the television screen but still noting on the television changed. I then read to unplug the console. Hold the power button for 10 seconds, plug the power back on and turn on the Gamepad, don't turn on the console, let the Gamepad turn the console back on. That didn't work. I also read hold both synch buttons down for 20 seconds at the same time which should reset them. That didn't work. I have tried every combination that I found to read so far on how to resolve this issue, and I believe the synch button on the console is NG.

Has it ever happened where a synch button doesn't work? I have another question, I bought the Xbox 360 Halo Reach console that came with two controllers. Both controllers were factory set to work with my console. Why wouldn't Wii U also factory set their console and Gamepad together. I understand if you bought other peripherals you'd have to sync them, but when the Gamepad is in the same box as the console, why couldn't it also be factory synced together. Brand new out of the box and I can't do any of the setup on it. Just the first screen with the Wii U logo and nothing happens to synch the two components together.

Thank you for any help!!

Sincerely,
    Starlabs

IMG_2395.jpgIMG_2396.jpg

These are two screen images; 1st my television, and 2nd the gamepad. The television screen has never changed except dimmed when it sat for to long waiting to sync. When I pressed the sync button, it was reawakened, but only when I pressed the sync button on the console. Still no syncing.

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    If you haven't even synced it, it's pretty much straight out of the box. I'd probably box it back up and take it to Walmart or somewhere and see if they'll trade it for another one. It shouldn't give you that kind of problem.
    Starlabs likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

NNID: WoodenSaucer, I live 1 1/2 hours from the nearest Walmart (one way). It's one of the drawbacks of living isolated, sort of speak in Montana. If I can't find another resolution than I'll have no other choice. It's the Super Mario 3D World Deluxe Set.

Thank you!
    Starlabs

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Wow! That sucks, man. I hope you get it figured out. My only advice would have been things you've already tried. Although, I will suggest one thing if you didn't try it. When you unplugged the Wii U, did you unplug it on both ends, from the Wii U and the wall? If not, try that, and leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds, then plug it all back in and turn it on with the GamePad. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
    drew79 likes this.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Popular Member Certified Skyward Sword's Avatar
    Worst gift ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    savinghyrule likes this.

PSN: Skyward1988
    NIN ID: Vanskez88

https://www.twitter.com/HeroOfTime88

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the coolest posters on here and he's down right hilarious. He's like a rebel, that follows his own way. Don't care about popular opinion or try to jump on the what's trendy bandwagon. He stands on his own and not afraid to show it. I salute. Much respect for that.

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Did you try calling Nintendo? Their customer service is usually great.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Good luck man! It seems a lot of people have issues getting the WiiU up and running but once they do it works just fine. Hopefully that'll be the case here.

Merry Christmas!