2.8.1.2 - Thread Tools
    2.8.1.3 - Search Thread
    2.8.1.4 - Rate this Thread
    2.9 - Replying to a Post
    2.9.1 - Editing/Deleting your Post/Reply
    2.9.2 - Attaching Image to a Post/Reply
    2.9.3 - Quoting/Reporting a Post/Reply

Part 1 - Introduction/Greetings

Hello fellow members. Firstly, I'd like to welcome (and to some, greet) all members to Wii U Forums; the #1 Forum for Wii U enthusiasts -- it is a pleasure to have you here. The sole purpose in the creation of this thread is to ensure that all members are familiar with this forum's features, functions, interface, and significant/useful information; thus, making navigation much smoother and the way we interact amongst each other more fun! This guide will essentially cover any forum-related questions and/or concern you may have about something. Here are some links that you should read.

* Honestly, this takes less than 10 minutes to read. Become Familiar with the rules to avoid violating any of the rules -- whether it's intended or not.

*: Want to see how many posts you need to achieve a particular rank? Read This!

Part 2 - Utilizing and Understanding Wii U Forum's Features And Functions
    2.1 - Logging In
    If you've registered for an account (and have activated your account if required), then you should be able to login by typing your username and password. If you check the box "Remember Me?" you'll stay logged in -- as long as your cookies aren't deleted. If you have any trouble logging in or registering, send an email

2.2 - Interface
    Wii U Community

Wii U Discussion

Wii U Game Series & Title
    (Games Will Descend)
    Other Consoles

Site Updates & Feedback

Featured Articles
    : Featured articles are on the right side, posts made on the website will be posted there and in the "Wii U Featured Articles" section.

Popular Topics
    : Threads recently created with the most replies will appear here.

2.3 - News
    By clicking "News," you'll be directed to the main website:

2.4 - Forum
    By Clicking "Forum," you'll be directed to the index page of the the forum:

2.4.1 - New Posts
    Upon clicking "New Posts," new threads/replies will be displayed descending from the most recent (if a thread is bold, it means that you haven't viewed it since the most recent reply/or it's a new thread that you haven't viewed).

2.4.2 - Private Messages
    Upon clicking "Private Messages," you'll be directed to your inbox.
    2.4.3 - Calender
    Upon clicking "Calender," you'll be directed to the Forum's Calender. You can see upcoming birthdays and/or events.

2.4.4 - Community
    A drop-down menu will appear for Groups, Albums, Friends & Contacts, and Member List.

2.4.4.1 - Groups
    Upon clicking "Groups," you'll be directed to a page where you can creat your own gropu, joine a group, search a group(s), and view the latest or newest groups.

2.4.4.2 - Albums
    Upon clicking "Albums," you'll be directed to a page where you can view recently updated albums, view your
    own album(s), or create a new album.

2.4.4.3 - Friends & Contacts
    Upon clicking "Friends & Contacts," you'll be directed to page where you can see who you've added, add a friend(s), or remove a friend(s).

2.4.4.4 - Member List
    Upon Clicking "Member List," you'll be directed to a page displaying all members, descending in alphabetical order.

2.4.5 - Forum Actions
    A drop-down menu will appear for Mark Forums Read, General Settings, and Edit Profile.

2.4.5.1 - Mark Forums Read
    Upon clicking "Mark Forums Read," you'll be asked to confirm the function you wish carry out, if you click yes, all
    forums will be read -- simply meaning that you've read all new replies/threads.

2.4.5.2 - General Settings
    Upon clicking "General Settings," you'll be directed to a page where you can adjust forum settings/functions.

2.4.5.3 - Edit Profile
    Upon clicking "Edit Profile," you'll be directed to a page where you can alter/input personal information.

2.4.6 - Quick Links
    A drop-down menu will appear for Subscribed Threads, Open Contacts Popup, View forum leaders, and Who's online.

2.4.6.1 - Subscribed Threads
    Upon clicking "Subscribed Threads," you'll be directed to a page where you can view threads that you've subscribed to

2.4.6.2 - Open Contacts Popup
    Upon clicking "Open Contacts Popup," a minimized window will appear in the upper-left corner of you screen. This
    window will display your contacts, showing who's online and who's not. You can also choose to sent a p.m to more than one contact
    at the same time.

2.4.6.3 - View Forum Leaders
    Upon clicking "View Forum Leaders," you'll be directed to a page where you can view members who are in any of
    the groups that have a legend key for it.

2.4.6.4 - Who's Online
    Upon clicking "Who's Online," you'll be directed a page where you can view who's online, the most recent activity they
    were doing, and when.

2.5 - What's New
    What's new is exactly the same as "New Posts." Refer to section 2.4.1 for further details.

2.6 - My Profile

Upon clicking "My Profile," you'll be directed to your profile. On this page, various things are displayed, such as friends, albums, visitor messages, and even some quick-function tools. You can also customize your profile. Here's a tutorial on how to add an image to your background page:

2.7 - Settings
    Upon clicking "Settings," you'll be directed to a page with various options, such options will be explained below.

2.7.1 - My Messages
    Options include checking inbox, checking sent items, sending a new message, tracking messages, and editing folders.

2.7.1.1 - Inbox
    Upon clicking "Inbox," you'll be directed to a page where you can view message sent from other recipients.

2.7.1.2 - Sent Items
    Upon clicking "Sent Items," you'll be directed to a page where you can view message that you've sent to recipient users.

2.7.1.3 - Send Message
    Upon clicking "Send Message," you'll be directed to a page in preparation for sending a message.

2.7.1.4 - Track Messages
    Upon clicking "Track Messages," you'll be directed to a page to view messages that you're tracking.

2.7.1.5 - Edit Folder
    Upon clicking "Edit Folder," you'll be directed to a page where you can create and/or rename a folder. You move
    can move messages a desired messages to a folder by going to your inbox or sent items, clicking "Selected Messages," (just below
    your messages), and click "Move to folder...."

2.7.2 - My Subscriptions
    Upon clicking "My Subscriptions," you'll be directed to a page where you can view view subscribed threads, empty current folder you're viewing,
    or view all subscribed threads.

2.7.2.1 - List Subscriptions
    List subscriptions is exactly like "My Subscriptions." For further details, refer to section 2.7.2.

2.7.2.2 - Edit Folders
    Upon clicking "Edit Folders," you'll be directed to a page where you can remove, rename, or create a folder(s).

2.7.3 - My Settings
    Options include Edit Profile, Edit Profile Picture, Edit Avatar, Edit Signature, Profile Privacy, Edit Email & Password,
    General Settings, Edit Ignore List, Friends & Contact, Event Reminders, and Attachments

2.7.3.1 - Edit Profile
    Edit Profile is exactly the same section 2.4.5.3, refer there for further details.

2.7.3.2 - Edit Profile Picture
    Upon clicking "Edit Profile Picture," you'll have the option altering your profile picture. Your profile picture is not the same
    as your avatar; your profile picture is the image that will be displayed on your profile.

2.7.3.3 - Edit Avatar
    Upon clicking "Edit Avatar," you'll have the option of uploading an avatar.

2.7.3.4 - Edit Signature
    Upon clicking "Edit Signature," you'll have the option of adding a signature. Note, the img code is disabled.

2.7.3.5 - Profile Privacy
    Upon clicking "Profile Privacy," you'll be directed to a page where you can adjust who's enabled to view your profile
    information.

2.7.3.6 - Edit Email & Password
    Upon clicking "Edit Email & Password," you'll be directed to a page where you can edit your email, or password.

2.7.3.7 - General Settings
    General Settings is exactly like 2.4.5.2, refer there for further details.

2.7.3.8 - Edit Ignore List
    Upon clicking "Edit Ignore List," you'll be directed to a page where you can add or remove a user from your
    ignore list. To remove a user, uncheck their name and click "save changes."

2.7.3.9 - Friends & Contacts
    Friends & Contacts is exactly like section 2.4.1.3, refer their for further details.

2.7.3.10 - Event Reminders
    Upon clicking "Event Reminders," you'll be directed to a page where can view upcoming events that you've
    added to the forum's calender.

2.7.3.11 - Attachments
    Upon clicking "Attachments," you'll be directed to a page where you can view all of the attachments you've uploaded.

2.8 - Creating A Thread or Poll/Posting
    To create a thread, click "Post A New Thread," which is located the topics in a forum. To create a poll, click "Post A New Thread," then scroll down and check the box "Post A Poll." Set the number of options you wish to have in the 'Additional Options sections'
    then click "submit new thread." You'll be directed to another page to setup your poll;afterwards, click submit and you'll have your poll.

2.8.1 - Viewing A Post

2.8.1.1 -

2.8.1.2 - Thread Tools
    Upon clicking "Thread Tools," you'll have the option of subcribing, viewing the thread in print forum, or emailing the page.

2.8.1.3 - Search Thread
    You can use this function to search a particular thread.

2.8.1.4 - Rate This Thread
    You can rate a thread with one star, two stars, three stars, four stars, or five stars.

2.9 - Replying To A Post

There are two way of replying to a post. One, quick reply (which is located at the bottom of a page), and lastly, reply to thread/go advanced -- by chosing this option, you're enabled to utilize more features in your post(s).

2.9.1 - Editing/Deleting Your Post/Reply

In order to edit/delete your post, you must click the button "Edit," located at the bottom of each post. Upon editing your post, you'll also have the option of deleting your message. To do so, you must choose the option "Delete This Post," then submit your message. Note: You'll have a specific duration to edit/delete your post; afterwards, you will no longer be able to edit/delete your post.

2.9.2 - Attaching Image To A Post/Reply
    In order to attach an image to a post/reply, simply click the portrait icon. Upon clicking, a dialog box will appear giving you the options to upload a file from your computer or an url. If you choose to upload from your computer, click select file, choose your image, then upload (it'll load). Afterwards, you may exit the dialog box. If you choose to upload from an url, past the url in the provided box, then click OK.

2.9.3 - Quoting/Reporting A Post/Reply
    In order to quote a post/reply, click "reply with quote," located at the bottom of each post. If you want to report a post/reply, click the warning icon, located on the lower-left side (same side as avatar). Upon doing so, the moderators and administrators will be notified.
    Last edited by Javon; 06-30-2011 at 09:30 AM.

"The Wisest Are Wise Because They know They're Fools."
    The Ultimate Guide To Wii U Forums (Recommended For New Members)
    If you have any questions and/or concerns; please, feel free to send me a message.
    Open Your Eyes: http://wup-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11106

Nintendo NID
    Mr.BradBoZ
    Nice... This should be a sticky.

Cool, you should be a mod

Wow dude! That's a pretty sweet. Liked,5*,Stickied

Thanks everyone.
    "The Wisest Are Wise Because They know They're Fools."
    The Ultimate Guide To Wii U Forums (Recommended For New Members)
    If you have any questions and/or concerns; please, feel free to send me a message.
    Open Your Eyes: http://wup-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11106

Nintendo NID
    Mr.BradBoZ
    No probs.

Excellent idea for a thread, Javon. 5 ☆'s

NOt to complain or anything, but i miss the old layout of the fourm.
    Leeroy likes this.

How do you place the show button to avoid showing a spoiler that people don't want to see?
    Nintendo ID - Ness1983

Good guide, Javon!So what would U be classified as...Contributor or guide...hmmmm
    My nintendo ID is- PhyredUp
    Be sure U guys get up there and race with me! Otherwise Wii will never know who truly is the Mariokart champion

Nintendo NID
    Detonator
    well he used to be a guide back when the old forums was here.
    Site Rules/Guidelines
    Ultimate Guide to Wii U Forums
    Forum Leaders/Staff
    See anything wrong? Report it! Click the /!\ triangle in the bottom left of each post!

On the lower right of the tool bar in advanced mode, there's an H icon. Or you can just type ["HIDE"] text you wanna hide ["/HIDE"] without the quotation marks.
    Game & Sound is my Youtube Channel. I make Video Game Music Covers.

Hey....I've tried to delete a few of my posts within the 5 minute limit and I can't find anywhere that says that I can delete the post; I know the instructions say it's there but I have no idea where. Help?

You can't delete posts. At one point members were able to, but the privlage was abused so it was removed
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Gotcha. I have 2 posts that I just edited down to _ since I didn't quote the OP if any moderators want to delete them. In the future I'll copy + paste the quote tags. Sorry about that.

Nintendo NID
    RayU84
    Just an FYI, you know there's a multi-quote button at the far right, right? That way you avoid having to copy/paste

​With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!!!

*if you add my NNID, try to go through Miiverse so I get a notification, and let me know it's from Wii U Forums

www.mariomansion.com
    this should probably be un-stickied
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMalk View Post
    I only get on here so I can argue with woody and watch drew trigger people

Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Man, he put a lot of work into that.
    Pushing the Envelope of Mediocrity

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    So many people in this thread I have never known about
    Zeldatrek likes this.
    YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    Sonicgill
    We should archive this thread as a relic of a lost era.
    *"What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it, your parents are gonna do it, break the cycle ladies and gentlemen, rise above, focus on science."

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    Gotta admit I didn't read this before starting my new life here over 3 years ago.
    Rugmouse likes this.

The thread was started before our old original WiiUForums site was merged.

Yeah, and the only one of that bunch of old posters that stuck around was Fortissimo. And even he's been gone forever.
    Zeldatrek likes this.

Fox
    Nintendo NID
    Fox_McCloud05
    I still remember when the forums sections were separated by games, not sure in which year was that, but I was lurking since then lol

It took me a while to become an official forum member.
    WoodenSaucer, Rugmouse and cThreep like this.
    Switch: 2837-4623-5791
    Wii U: Fox_McCloud05

3DS FC: 2337-4851-5043
    PSN: ​cgramajo05

That was really dumb hahaha
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

www.mariomansion.com
    guys i posted in here so someone would notice and un-sticky it, not so we could have a real conversation lol

just saying we need some spring cleaning still if we're going to actually attract new members and keep them

Nintendo NID
    C-Threep
    You bumped a 6 year old thread. Conversation is bound to happen

I don't remember Fortissimo. The first poster I knew was The Detonator, but he didn't post until the end of 2012, which was after we were merged.
    Zeldatrek likes this.

Nintendo NID
    ZeldaTrek
    What !!! BUMPED A SIX YEAR OLD?!!!!???? That is not fresh and delicious by any means SourMalk.
    DeliciousMalk likes this.

www.mariomansion.com
    Lol that is so disgusting
    Zeldatrek likes this.

Yogurt

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720