Conversation Between WoodenSaucer and wu_wei_lion

11 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. It is. Having lived through it all makes it sort of nostalgia-inducing as well. One omission he made is he didn't really mention consoles specifically, he just said "this was the way things were done in x, y, or z time period." He did talk about arcades and the state of the art at the time. Overall, it was extremely well done.
  2. It is. Having lived through it all makes it sort of nostalgia-inducing as well. One omission he made is he didn't really LeBron consoles specifically, he just said "this was the way things were done in x, y, or z time period." He did talk about arcades and the state of the art at the time. Overall, it was extremely well done.
  3. Cool. I'll check it out when I have the time. I'll bet it's really interesting. Thanks, man!

4. A brief history of graphics. It's actually extremely interesting if a bit long (45 minutes). It goes from the earliest graphics of pong to current generation.
  5. Wind Waker is awesome. I'm not really far into the game yet, but I'm loving it. The first time at the fortress was really fun. This game is way better than I used to think it was.
  6. How are you liking the Wind Waker? Not too shabby, huh?
  7. Lol. That's cool. My son is into Japanese Karate, but they don't talk much about the philosophy side of it, other than the general morals and ethics that get passed down.
  8. No problem. Nope I'm from Rhode Island, initially. My ancestry is English and German and I'm blond-haired and blue-eyed. I look pretty Aryan. Take a look at the profile pic I put up today and you'll see I don't have a shred of Chinese DNA in me lol. I do, however, study Chinese martial arts and there's a lot of Taoist philosophy underpinnings. I've read translations on quite a few of the major taoist works because of my interest in the martial arts, though it's been many years. I'm never sure if I should capitalize "taoist"
  9. Cool. Thanks for the explanation. Are you from China?
  10. Wu wei is a taoist (Chinese philosophical school) concept that, literally translated, means "not striving". What this means, in practice, is something like... Say you were playing Wind Waker HD. You keep the wind at your back and you get where you want to go without straining yourself as the wind does most of the work. T'ai Chi is based on Taoist ideas and so is Chinese traditional medicine. It's something to which I aspire but of which I fall short. Lion is exactly what it sounds like. I'm a Leo so there you go.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast