Conversation Between the ancient gamer and Darth Praxis

29 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. There was talk of sequels, as the whole movie is kind of a sequel to the books, anyway. I don't know...maybe the hope is that SOMEBODY gets it right some day. If it's like Lord of the Rings, I'll probably be dead by then, never get to see it...
  2. Yeah, but from what I heard the Dark Tower film kind of starts and finishs the series in one shot. The TV series is really our only hope now.
  3. When King signed over the rights, the initial plan was much better than what we ended up with. But...you're right, he should have insisted on a bigger role in the thing's development. Ron Howard's plan for the series was easily the best, and even though he has his own production company, it still would have required the backing of a major studio, and Paramount--I think--came aboard, then balked. Howard should have kept the rights, and waited things out. He would have made a bunch of people a bunch of money if he did. Would have made a bunch of ticket buyers and viewers happy, too. I don't know. We'll see if there's any more films, and they straighten things up at all. It shows more promise (even though I'm not a huge fan of that book), so let's hope that turns out better...
  4. It's unacceptable! I am so sick of seeing Stephen King pimp his books out for a quick buck. I mean George R.R. Martin won't let HBO go 2 feet without telling them his perspective on their direction when it comes with his books. But King seems to truly not give a shit about how well or poorly his books are translated to film.

I have to hope that if the TV series is still being pushed forward that someone, i.e. the showrunners who are responsible for The walking Dead, will utterly abandon any ties this abomination of a film and just start with The Gunslinger, you know the EASIEST book to translate to film!!!
  5. No. I was psyched about the casting, but when I read a few reviews...I kind of threw up in my mouth. After all the big plans to bring that story to us via television/film, to end up with that? Ridiculous.
  6. Did you go see it?
  7. Honestly, with what they were discussing during production I was so very turned off at this atrocious adaptation from the get-go that I already planned on skipping it. But as it neared I was JUST about to give in and check it out....then I heard that they were essentially shoehorning all 7 books into this one movie and just said hell no!

So...no!
  8. Did you watch the Dark Tower movie?
  9. Got it! That was fast. I'll cherish it always!
  10. Check your mailbox when you get home my friend.....might have something special for our "WORST" Mario Kart 8 player!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast