• 1 Post By andregurov
  • 3 Post By andregurov
  • 1 Post By jpd01
  • 1 Post By Kahhhhyle
  • 1 Post By savinghyrule
  • 2 Post By wu_wei_lion
  • 1 Post By jpd01
  • 1 Post By drew79

Thread: 2DS XL worth it for returning 3DS player?

Nintendo NID
    andregurov
    Other Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Unrest Cure PSN ID: andregurov Steam ID: TheUnrestCure

2DS XL worth it for returning 3DS player?

i traded in my 3DS several months ago - toward the Switch, naturally - but find that I don't carry the Switch around nearly as much as I did my 3DS. The Switch is too large to carry comfortably in its case, and its lack of screen protection worries me about trundling it around in my cargo pants pockets ... not to mention I sorely miss the puzzle/sticker collecting of the 3DS (damn that was addictive and fun). I leave a history of unfinished games on my Nintendo 3DS account and wonder how people like their 2DS XLs? I'm thinking $150 for a new one isn't too bad considering how much use I *could* get out of it, even if I wouldn't be buying too many new games for it. Or are there some new games I should get???

"What did the Caspian Sea?" - Saki

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule
    i prefer the new 3DS and a screen protector/case for your switch, but yeah i'd say it's worth it.

Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: jpd0184
    I have a New 3DS and I find the 3D effect on games is far superior than playing in 2D. The 3D on the new 3DS is done very well, so I get a second hand New 3DS if I was in your position.

Nice to see you around again, how's work going mate?
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Gammechick made me do this.

Nintendo Id: jpaton09

Nintendo NID
    andregurov
    Other Gamer IDs

Well, stupid me forgot about Nintendo's irritating inability to manage your digital content between devices. So I went out and bought it just now, sat down to input my old NNID ... and was told it was already linked to another 3DS so those digital purchases are toast. That sucks.

On the bright side, it will be fun to rebuild my Streetpass collection again and purchase new themes for yet another Nintendo account. But I have zero games : (
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

Nintendo NID
    andregurov
    Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jpd01 View Post
    Nice to see you around again, how's work going mate?
    All is well, I've been in lurk mode for quite some time around here but it is nice to see old names still hanging around!
    Kahhhhyle, jpd01 and aMarioFan64 like this.

Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by andregurov View Post
    Well, stupid me forgot about Nintendo's irritating inability to manage your digital content between devices. So I went out and bought it just now, sat down to input my old NNID ... and was told it was already linked to another 3DS so those digital purchases are toast. That sucks.

On the bright side, it will be fun to rebuild my Streetpass collection again and purchase new themes for yet another Nintendo account. But I have zero games : (
    You can call up service to get your NNID de-linked from your old 3DS? right? That's a thing I think.
    andregurov likes this.
    All views expressed are subjectively the views of their owner unless otherwise indicated.

Other Gamer IDs

All is well, I've been in lurk mode for quite some time around here but it is nice to see old names still hanging around!
    Good stuff mate.

Hey dude

Obviously you like your 3DS so getting one is probably a good idea for you. For me I haven't touched mine since the Switch came out.
    andregurov likes this.
    My reaction when I log on to the site:

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    Definitely get one!
    I don't have a New 2DS XL, but I have the New 3DS XL and I have been super happy with it.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

PSN ID: savinghyrule

Nintendo customer service will actually help you get your downloads back. I called them when I got my new New 3DS and they did it over the phone. It took a few days to complete but it was relatively painless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    A 2DS is $150? That seems a bit excessive. I’d wait a bit. The wedge version is around $70 last I checked.
    Lunkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    A 2DS is $150? That seems a bit excessive. I’d wait a bit. The wedge version is around $70 last I checked.
    It's got the innards of a New 3DS XL so it makes sense it would be more expensive than a standard 2DS but you're right. $150 might be asking too much

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    WoodenSaucer and drew79 like this.
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Other Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    It's got the innards of a New 3DS XL so it makes sense it would be more expensive than a standard 2DS but you're right. $150 might be asking too much

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    I think so too.
    The New 3DS is cheaper I think than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nintendo NID
    andregurov
    Other Gamer IDs

The New 3DS XL appears to retail new for $199, the clamshell New 2DS XL is $150. The standard wedge 2DS is $79.99. The only real difference on the New 2DS XL is lack of a 3D screen option, which I never used anyways in my old one. I picked up Puzzles & Dragons Z/Puzzles & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition too. Love me some jewel matching (still have my DS Puzzle Quest game for just that reason!).

Other Gamer IDs

The New 3DS XL appears to retail new for $199, the clamshell New 2DS XL is $150. The standard wedge 2DS is $79.99. The only real difference on the New 2DS XL is lack of a 3D screen option, which I never used anyways in my old one. I picked up Puzzles & Dragons Z/Puzzles & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition too. Love me some jewel matching (still have my DS Puzzle Quest game for just that reason!).
    The New 3DS should be about $149 if I remember (not the XL) but maybe they've stopped stocking it now in favour of the 2DS XL.

Interesting side note:
    The reason for the 2DSXL is that Nintendo lost a lawsuit regarding the 3D effect on the regular models. Now they have to pay a fee to the company that won that lawsuit for every 3DS they sell.
    So now they want to push the 2DS over the 3DS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drew79 likes this.

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I think the 2DS XL is fairly cheap, considering you get the innards of a New 3DS + it has a big screen, and looks cool.
    It costs the same as the regular 3DS XL costed, so it's not more expensive or anything.
    Twitter: MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    I saw the not the newest 3DS, but the one before that, I can’t keep the names straight at this point, it was the one that the 3D worked even if you moved the unit. Anyways, a friend showed it to me and it was pretty cool, but not asking price cool, especially if you already owned a 3DS. The newest one has a bigger screen, plays a couple of exclusives and has the thumb nub, right?

Honestly I feel Nintendo just needs to declare the machine line dead, but they are going to milk this thing till the teats fall off. Normally I’d say wait for a price cut, but the Kimishima plan doesn’t make that likely.

So I’d go for the big ass 2DS and spend the price difference on games. Azure Striker is good, Agents of Steam is good, the Fire Emblem stuff etc.
    andregurov likes this.
    Lunkhead.