• 1 Post By Arctic
  • 2 Post By Kennyj
  • 1 Post By I AM ERROR
  • 1 Post By wu_wei_lion
  • 1 Post By Arctic

Thread: The 3DS is the most worth buying system......in my opinion

Banned

The 3DS is the most worth buying system......in my opinion

When it comes to the amount of quality games the 3ds just destroys everything else, I'm not including the ps3 and 360 since they are heading out and are last gen. I mean compared to the current generation systems like ps4,Xbox one and Wii u.

The 3ds is also the cheapest system you can buy depending on the model. When I see people debating on what system to buy it seems like a no brainer to just buy a 3ds now and wait awhile for the others to get a decent sized library . Unless you want to play online shooters then 3DS is simply the best system to buy at this time. Even though support is just a trickle compared to what it was in 2013 there is a big backlog and there are still great games being released such as fantasy life, phoenix wright vs professor layton and monster hunter 4 ultimate ( my most hyped game next to xenoblade X)

As for TV vs handheld screen. The XL's size and shape of the screen does a REALLY good Job of getting you immersed. It feels bigger than the Vita's screen even though it's not due to the actual shape Nintendo chose.

What do you think of the 3ds vs everything else? I realize that the other consoles have games that the 3ds doesn't have and I know that 3ds has more niche games but I'm just saying that 3ds simply has more quality games than the 8th gen consoles, whether you like them is an opinion or not but it should be a consideration for those people looking to buy a new system. I have a friend who bought a 3ds instead of a ps4 due to the ps4 having barely any games that interested him. ( I agree with him too. )

I'm not trying to start a flamewar. Just putting that out there.
    LocoSublime likes this.

Why so many topics yo?

Nintendo NID
    Crispy95
    He likes posting yo

Sent from Tallon IV

Nintendo NID
    kennyjohnson
    I really like my 3DS and like the games, the portability and the convenience, but there is no way that I'd choose it over the Wii U. Maybe it's because my son and I like to play co-op play with things like MK and Skylanders, but I just couldn't see only having the 3DS to play.
    RoytheRobot and FlamingFury like this.
    Nintendo ID: kennyjohnson
    Nintendo 3DS: 4012-4819-5619
    Wii Fit U: Wii U Forums Gym Community: 2974-4499-2133

Loves Metroid fan tears I AM ERROR's Avatar
    I like my 3DS and I wish I could get more games on it, but there is a lot more out or coming soon on the Wii U then the 3DS for me.
    Derpy Dude likes this.

Banned
    Nintendo NID
    Lethal
    3DS is alright. Certainly not favored when compared to the home consoles though.

Nintendo NID
    Gammalad
    When you're talking handhelds 3DS wins hands down, in general ehhh in my book the Wii U is better.
    The Wii U Forums local Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney expert.
    Want to play Ace Attorney but you don't want to hunt down the original DS games?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpkHBUOJCM

‚Äč
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gammalad

Gaming Blog:http://gaminggamma.com/

Nintendo NID
    Rugmouse
    I dunno - I really like my Vita. It has a TON of RPG games, which makes it a perfect companion device to my Wii U, since that system has very few RPGs available at this point. Plus, Playstation TV will let me play on the big screen! =D

Banned
    Its better than a inactive forum yo

Nintendo NID
    link_16_hit
    Well, when the first time the 3DS launched it was bad, but now there is a lot of games...
    3DS FC:1676-3708-5129 Sadly waiting for 7th Dragon III code: VFD and Maybe MHX
    games I'm playing : Lufia I, Etrian Odyssey 4, MH4U, Kamidori Alchemy Meister
    games I'll play after I finished some : Lufia II, continue 7th Dragon and 2020,

It's very difficult to compare handhelds versus console in terms of quality because I feel like there are far too many variables. But in terms of library of (what I feel to be) decent quality software, I'd say that the Wii U has finally caught up to the 3DS, which just a few short months ago I would have said won, hands down. I don't really have an opinion about the X-Box One or the PS4.

Banned
    Handhelds are consoles with their own screen. This isn't pre gameboy era where its like comparing a tiger LCD handheld to a NES. modern handhelds lag behind in graphical power but they now can do fully 3d games or any genre in general and have it be a quality, fun deep expereince.

Source: I've owned only a PSP and DS the 7th generation ( I feel like I should have gotten a Wii though) and I own both a 3ds and vita with a ps4 to compare it to.

I don't know... I like my 3DS and I like my Wii U. 3DS has been getting more attention since Tomodachi Life was released. I play it on my meal break at work for a quick session. Anyway, it's a tough call that really comes down to what games you like and what sort of experiences you want to have. Does my 3DS screen compare to my 46" 3D enabled Samsung TV? Even with a good pair of headphones, does it compare to my 7.1 Cambridge Soundworks speaker setup with Onkyo receiver? No on both counts. I'm not saying I don't love my 3DS but I'm simply illustrating the difference in experience that's possible between a console and a handheld.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    TheOneWhoKnock likes this.
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Nintendo NID
    SW-5693-2145-0811
    I don't know, I just prefer using the Gamepad when I play games.
    I mainly use the 3DS when in the car, going on vacation, or going to a friend or family.

I feel like the 3DS and Wii U both have about the same amount of games that I enjoy.

3DS

Wii U

YouTube: Tommy Tendo
    Twitter:
    TommyTendo

NNID: MysteryT
    Switch:
    SW-5693-2145-0811

So what everyone on a WiiU forum is telling you, is your opinion is wrong. Get a Wiiu.

Banned
    Holding a 3ds XL and using good headphones is a pretty good experience in my book. But what matters is games, not graphics, not super big speakers, not super big TV's, games. And that's what 3ds is good at which is why I think its the best system on the market. The Wii u is catching up so I applaud that

Banned
    Being annoying is something you are really good at, please go bother someone else or better yet don't bother nobody until you can learn to be civil, thank you.

I'm not reading your replies no more

You're talking to someone who spends the majority of his gaming time playing Tomodachi Life with a good pair of headphones. I'm just trying to give you an idea of why some people might prefer the home console experience. This is a forum and there are going to be many varied opinions. You express your opinion and that's perfectly fine but you're not going to sway all to your viewpoint. Graphics, screen size, and speaker quality are not the highest priority for you but others find that they increase immersion for them.

That's it. You are certainly right about one thing, though. There's no need to be anything less than civil.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

Banned
    Well OK I see your point

Thanks for being nice, I appreciate that
    wu_wei_lion likes this.